Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Pete Prisco convinced Jags are super bowl contenders in a couple of years

I agree. In a couple years we could be SB contenders. This team is coming together great. So many rookies, once juniors they will rise become team leaders. You see that in Smith and Colvin already. I just can't wait for the offseason to see what Caldwell does to improve the team. OL is our biggest need. We are a young defense keeping teams like the Ravens 20 points. We will get better. We gotta get a new way for Bortles to score. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

It rises or falls with the O-Line Coach  and how well the O-Line can protect Bortles...

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."
;
Charles Schultz
;

;
"The harder I work, the luckier I get."
;
T-Shirt at District Wrestling Meet.

Quote:It rises or falls with the O-Line Coach  and how well the O-Line can protect Bortles...

We may have a new Oline coach next year, due to his health, so good point there. I wonder if we'll see them make another play for a big time o-lineman like they did this past off season with Mack.

He said so? it must be true then!!!! LOL

"Treyvon Wallet is elite run defender and better overall than Aidan Hutchinson" 11/11/23

Quote:He said so? it must be true then!!!! LOL

It's his opinion. Of course his opinion doesn't make it so, but feel free to think we'll never improve. Part of the fun of being a fan is to have hope of being the best, otherwise what's the point?

Quote:He said so? it must be true then!!!! LOL

This is what I'm saying. We sit at 3-12 coming off a win, and the super bowl is thrown around. Remember what happened after 2007? We were legit contenders, well at least everyone thought so, including myself. That team had more of a chance than this one.
[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

A lot of people thought we were one player away from a Superbowl a few years back too. Does Prisco do Jaguars Monday for fun with no pay?

Quote:Realistically, how could you think that after the last two years?  Our record looks like it's going to be worse than last years.  I don't doubt we are getting the right players, but I really think the coaches are holding this team back at this point.

To be great, there is no requirement to be mediocre first.

Quote:This is what I'm saying. We sit at 3-12 coming off a win, and the super bowl is thrown around. Remember what happened after 2007? We were legit contenders, well at least everyone thought so, including myself. That team had more of a chance than this one.

So fool me once shame on you......... Is that what it is??

None of the conversation was remotely based on the win yesterday or even this season but a general nod to the way we are being built and the impressive pieces they've brought in. Promising QB, trio of good WR's, a set of corner backs with a ton of potential, speedy playmaking LB.....

Goodness I'll see if I can dig up some bleak, scathing Jags opinions.

Anyone that thinks this team/franchise is a mere couple of years from a Superbowl is in LaLa land. We have a ton of work to do to get to mediocrity. It is not meant as a bash, merely a statement of fact.

(This post was last modified: 12-19-2014, 11:46 PM by CSO14.)

Quote:So fool me once shame on you......... Is that what it is??

None of the conversation was remotely based on the win yesterday or even this season but a general nod to the way we are being built and the impressive pieces they've brought in. Promising QB, trio of good WR's, a set of corner backs with a ton of potential, speedy playmaking LB.....

Goodness I'll see if I can dig up some bleak, scathing Jags opinions.
If you read my posts earlier, I explained the team is getting the right players. It's not being negative, I just think you and some others need to pump the breaks a minute.

Bortles is going to be good for a long time, and I think he's going to lead us to the promise land, but with the way coaching has been the last 2 years, it's not likely going to happen in 2 years like some of you think. That's just homerism at its finest.

Quote:Anyone that thinks this team/franchise is a mere couple of years from a Superbowl is in LaLa land. We have a ton of work to do to get to mediocrity. It is not meant as a bash, merely a statement of fact.

Thank you, that's all I'm pointing out. Good god, you guys act like I hate this team.

^^^wait a second. You're agreeing that we have a ton of work to do but yet say with coaching we would have 7 wins?? You all seem to understand we are lacking in talent, so how on earth could we possibly ever EVER improve, but also go nuts when we lose and demand heads roll. You can't have it both ways.

Quote:^^^wait a second. You're agreeing that we have a ton of work to do but yet say with coaching we would have 7 wins?? You all seem to understand we are lacking in talent, so how on earth could we possibly ever EVER improve, but also go nuts when we lose and demand heads roll. You can't have it both ways.

They do have work, but they are getting the right players. They have more than 2 years, especially if the coaching staff remains. You really think Fisch needs to stick around, and he can lead this offense to a Super Bowl in 2 years?! Are you kidding me? We are 3-12. I just want to get to .500 next year.

I think if Gus wins the Super Bowl, he wouldn't even be able to get any words out. I picture him in the middle of the locker room, celebrating with the team. He starts yelling and twitching and then suddenly his head explodes!
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

Quote:I think if Gus wins the Super Bowl, he wouldn't even be able to get any words out. I picture him in the middle of the locker room, celebrating with the team. He starts yelling and twitching and then suddenly his head explodes!

Haha. I'll say it now. I don't think Gus can lead us to the Super Bowl. Bring this thread back up if I'm wrong, and I'll admit it. My prediction is Gus is fires next season, and when Blake gets a real O coordinator and head coach, this team will be dangerous.

Quote:They do have work, but they are getting the right players. They have more than 2 years, especially if the coaching staff remains. You really think Fisch needs to stick around, and he can lead this offense to a Super Bowl in 2 years?! Are you kidding me? We are 3-12. I just want to get to .500 next year.

Couple of years competing, not 2 years boom SB. I think realistically we'll be in the playoffs in a couple of years, yes. I don't know if Fisch is the answer, but I think as Blake improves so will the play calling.

Quote:Couple of years competing, not 2 years boom SB. I think realistically we'll be in the playoffs in a couple of years, yes. I don't know if Fisch is the answer, but I think as Blake improves so will the play calling.

I think we are finally getting on the same page with this.

Here I'm just hoping this team can be respectable in a couple years, let alone a Super Bowl contender.

However, if Bortles takes big steps forward, I could see it. I'm hoping they can at least get an adequate line in front of him next season.

Pete Prisco isn't very credible in my book- he joined Mike Freeman in the whole "Leftwich is a guaranteed 10 year All Pro and anyone who doesn't see it is a complete idiot" nonsense back in the day, if you remember- but I think I understand his optimism to a degree, We're seeing some players start to emerge as potential stars and all in the same group together. If Bortles is a top ten QB two or three years from now, we might find his comments more true than false. Generally, though, I would side with those on this thread who would temper their enthusiasm for awhile yet.