Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Pete Prisco convinced Jags are super bowl contenders in a couple of years

Prisco was on the Frangie show today and seems convinced the Jags are building towards something special in a few years. I know some dislike Pete, but hearing him talk about all the young players we have and how they'll all grow up together is nice to hear.

I happen to agree with him and think once they add some veterans to the offense and some young defensive pass rushers, this team will look a whole lot different in the next couple of years.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

It rises or falls with Bortles

Realistically, how could you think that after the last two years?  Our record looks like it's going to be worse than last years.  I don't doubt we are getting the right players, but I really think the coaches are holding this team back at this point.

[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

I sure hope so - I think we are going to be significantly improved next season.

(This post was last modified: 12-19-2014, 09:08 PM by Minorcan.)

I don't think just looking at record is fair right now. Sure, next year or beyond that's not going to fly, but right now we all know what's going on with this team. Don't play dumb.

Come on dude, the record is what gets you to the Super Bowl.  Please stop with moral victories.  Don't get me wrong, I loved the win last night, and Blake Bortles is starting to flash like he did in preseason.  Caldwell is the right guy for the talent.  Gus and Fisch have severely handicapped this team because they aren't experienced like the players on the team. 

Pie in the sky.

How could he say such a thing. I am outraged. I must yell and throw things now.

Quote:I sure hope so - I think we are going to be significantly improved next season.

Ya in theory the improvement should continue. Hopefully at a faster pace

Quote:Come on dude, the record is what gets you to the Super Bowl. Please stop with moral victories. Don't get me wrong, I loved the win last night, and Blake Bortles is starting to flash like he did in preseason. Caldwell is the right guy for the talent. Gus and Fisch have severely handicapped this team because they aren't experienced like the players on the team.
Do you believe that a different coach would have gotten more out of this team as they stand right now? Do you think another coach would have significantly more wins that we have right now? Serious question.

I ask because with what they have starting on offense and even defensively in the secondary, the fact that we are not THE worst team in the league and that we are competitive on a lot of Sunday's is pretty impressive.

Find the final pieces for the Defense, build a decent O-line, and bring in our own version of Marshawn Lynch, and yeah.  I could see it.  Especially if Bortles rises.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:How could he say such a thing. I am outraged. I must yell and throw things now.

I'm not outraged, and I'm glad Prisco is finally talking good about the Jaguars. But that's just not realistic. Can't believe some on here thinking it's a knee-jerk when it doesn't mesh with their agenda.

Quote:Do you believe that a different coach would have gotten more out of this team as they stand right now? Do you think another coach would have significantly more wins that we have right now? Serious question.

I ask because with what they have starting on offense and even defensively in the secondary, the fact that we are not THE worst team in the league and that we are competitive on a lot of Sunday's is pretty impressive.

Yea, I do believe that. I think with a better head coach, offensive coordinator, and special teams coordinator this team would have double the wins as they stand today.

Quote:I'm not outraged, and I'm glad Prisco is finally talking good about the Jaguars. But that's just not realistic. Can't believe some on here thinking it's a knee-jerk when it doesn't mesh with their agenda.

You're here to poke holes in all the cups of teal kool-aid. We get it.

Quote:You're here to poke holes in all the cups of teal kool-aid. We get it.

No I'm not. I'm die hard Jaguars crazy fan, but this comment just seems out of left field. Maybe Prisco was excited we won last night against the Tacks or something. Just seemed odd.

Quote:No I'm not. I'm die hard Jaguars crazy fan, but this comment just seems out of left field. Maybe Prisco was excited we won last night against the Tacks or something. Just seemed odd.

Come on. Just be honest. You fall on the pessimistic side of the spectrum.

Quote:Yea, I do believe that. I think with a better head coach, offensive coordinator, and special teams coordinator this team would have double the wins as they stand today.
Ok. 6/7 wins is definitely doable when a team starts a rookie QB, but when you add in that the rookie QB was very raw AND the rest of the offense is also wide eyed rookies or second year players, it does increase the degree of difficulty. But ok, that's your opinion.

Show me, you could take 20 teams and say fix these 3 things and they're Super Bowl contendors. As of right now show me jags.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(This post was last modified: 12-19-2014, 09:56 PM by Treestone Ice.)

Quote:Realistically, how could you think that after the last two years? Our record looks like it's going to be worse than last years. I don't doubt we are getting the right players, but I really think the coaches are holding this team back at this point.
Worse record than last year?

How many rookies started on offense last year as opposed to this year?

You gotta put things in perspective here, and quit looking at nothing but the record. Sure, the record is what matters, but we aren't good enough for that to be the case yet. Step back and take a look at things, and I think you'll better understand why the record is the same, if not one game worse, than last year.

I'd venture to guess that we won't be a 3-4 win team next season. If we are, then yes, there's problems. But for now, we need to give the team a chance. Pessimism won't get you anywhere further than optimism will.

I'm sure Prisco is not biased in his analysis.  I don't want to count the chickens before they're hatched, but I think we are on the right track talent wise.  I'm just not sold on the coaching right now, but I'll stand down on that for another year.  I still think we might see some coordinator changes this offseason.  I think last night's game was much better managed than what we've seen in the recent past.  Bradley didn't take a time out in the second half.  I thought that was a step forward-lol.  I just want to enjoy watching it unfold.