Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Anyone else still believe in Yeldon?

Quote:I agree with KCirred, he runs really soft. I never pictured him as a bellcow every down back but he seems okay all around as a backup.
Hes a decent backup right now. His hands are pretty good

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I don't believe he should be our featured back. After we drafted Cook he can be our 3rd string back unless he works his way up the depth chart

Totally agree good call!
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

Sign AP.

Quote:Totally agree good call!
If we go RB Tom will want Fournette.

(This post was last modified: 01-22-2017, 09:32 PM by JagsFanJay.)

I hated him coming out of college and I like him even less now. He needs to be cut. I would draft an every down RB early (not Cook) and find another UDFA to give us some reliable depth. 

He's a solid backup but he was a terrible pick at the very top of the 2nd round.

Quote:He's a solid backup but he was a terrible pick at the very top of the 2nd round.
Agree, I think out of all of Daves picks he was the worst (unless Bortles can't get it together this year).  Although Jockel and Cyp didnt pan out they were both great prospects at their positions, Yeldon not so much.  There were clear better RB's in that draft and Dave took the one that wasnt even that good in college behind the Alabama oline and took him at the top of the 2nd at that.  Yeldon at the top of the 2nd would of been a reach in any draft much less of the the deepest RB classes recently

He's not bad enough that we have to waste our #4 pick on an RB (nor is Ivory), but he's not good enough that we shouldn't be looking to draft any of the plethora of other talented RB in this draft later on. 

A lot of people made comments in this thread that he would be a better back with good run blocking I have to say that I'd rather have a back that will get yards even if our o-line All Fall Down that's what I want

Quote:He's not bad enough that we have to waste our #4 pick on an RB (nor is Ivory), but he's not good enough that we shouldn't be looking to draft any of the plethora of other talented RB in this draft later on. 
Its far from a waste if you can get an elite RB to help Bortles

Quote:Its far from a waste if you can get an elite RB to help Bortles
I was going to say take a worse player at a less valuable position with bigger injury concerns and in Cooks case questionable at best off field issues, but that was a lot of words. 

He's definitely not one of Dave's best picks...

I like the trio of Ivory, a rookie, and Grant. I'd try to trade Yeldon for a mid round pick.

I'm up for Yeldon as the back up.

Quote:I like the trio of Ivory, a rookie, and Grant. I'd try to trade Yeldon for a mid round pick.

Grant is trash. Stop this.

Quote:If we go RB Tom will want Cook cause reminds of Taylor.

I agree!
Bleeding Teal since 1995. The Icon Teal Time Radio aka ctjags

#Gojags

(This post was last modified: 01-22-2017, 11:21 PM by Flagler Jagsfan.)

He was a reach by Caldwell as our 2nd pick of the draft. Other RB's were rated higher and apparently justifiably so. Yeldon is average and lacks speed. Caldwell made a Gene Smith type move and got Gene Smith results. You can't blame the OLine for everything. There are several teams out there with worse ranked OLine's that have RB's that are getting it done. Yeldon should be a 3rd string RB, and Grant should be getting more touches per game than him.

Quote:I don't think I've ever seen a 220+ pound back run as soft as Yeldon. Caldwell was intoxicated during the 2015 draft.

Quote:Hes a decent backup right now. His hands are pretty good

Unfortunatley, these.  He's the smallest "big" back in the NFL, and he's not fast, and doesn't have the greatest vision.  If they can figure out how to incorporate backs more in the passing game, Yeldon is probably good at that.  But otherwise, he's RB #3.   RB game needs more violence.

Nope... He goes down on any little contact.. He lacks break away speed and have poor vision.. He just aint good... And the line was good enough when Grant came in and had the best rushing game of the year..

I have the same problem today that I had with him when we drafted him over Tevin Coleman: he's as explosive as a wet match.