Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Anyone else still believe in Yeldon?

I feel like he never got going due to injuries and run blocking. A guy like Yeldon needs run protection to be effective. He's not a bulldozer like Ivory who can mow over guys or a speedster like Grant. You get him good run protection and he's a star.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

There's nothing about him that jumps out at you. You could easily find an upgrade for him.
[Image: OIG4.uBuSY6yngBYRov__0Zi.?dpr=2.6&pid=ImgDetMain]

I don't think he's anything close to a star even with good run blocking. He's not explosive enough to be a good NFL running back IMO.
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

I dont think hes flat out bad, he just doesnt have any skill that sticks out. Hes just okay at everything from his physical attributes to his vision its all just average.

He's just too slow. If he had more burst he'd be solid

He's one of the worst RBS in the NFL. Sorry

Not a fan of him. Just like you said can't run over or speed past anyone. Doesn't pass the eye test overall to me, has some decent wiggle through a pile every once in a while, but I've seen him get a nice hole a get tripped up when it should've been a nice gain.

With a good run blocking line he can be effective. Solid back but isn't really dynamic enough to be a full time starter.

There's around 10+ starting caliber RBs in this class so it would be nice to pick up another one.

Not a fan. Can't believe we took him over Tevin Coleman, David Johnson, and Jay Ajayi...
Shock the world

He would have ran for 1,000 yards behind a bad line in 2015 if he wasn't injured.

I believe he's a backup
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:With a good run blocking line he can be effective. Solid back but isn't really dynamic enough to be a full time starter.

There's around 10+ starting caliber RBs in this class so it would be nice to pick up another one.

Yeah pretty much most NFL running backs are effective with a good run blocking offensive line.

What we need is someone who can play above the Xs and Os
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

I like his skillset but his production this year was concerning.

I believe his longest run on the season was 20-something yards. That bad.

he's not a feature back 

[Image: giphy.gif]

(This post was last modified: 01-22-2017, 08:58 PM by JackCity.)

Quote:Yeah pretty much most NFL running backs are effective with a good run blocking offensive line.

What we need is someone who can play above the Xs and Os
Yeah thats pretty much what I said.

I don't believe he should be our featured back. After we drafted Fournette he can be our 3rd string back unless he works his way up the depth chart

I don't think I've ever seen a 220+ pound back run as soft as Yeldon. Caldwell was intoxicated during the 2015 draft.

He's terrible.

I agree with KCirred, he runs really soft. I never pictured him as a bellcow every down back but he seems okay all around as a backup. 

Calling Deshawn Watson a future bust since 3/19/17. If I eat crow, I will keep this in here and proclaim JackCity a genius. 

Cant really judge RBs behind our oline but he probably shouldve flashed a little more than he has.