Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Do you approve of the job Bradley has done as head coach?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Bradley Approval Poll

Say what you will about Jack Del Rio he wouldve found a way to squeeze a few more wins out of this talent than Gus Bradley has this season.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Say what you will about Jack Del Rio he wouldve found a way to squeeze a few more wins out of this talent than Gus Bradley has this season.

Probably. His teams were never this embarrassing.

Tom Coughlin (Jaguars Best HC ever) .531%

Jack Del Rio (kept choping wood until it he was dust) .489%

Mel Tucker (Brief and short) .400%

Mike Mularkey (sounds like Mularkey to me) .125%

Does seem like it just keeps getting worse to you too?

Gus Bradley .185% (can he remain at least better than Mularkey before he's fired)?

Quote:We need a few huge "fire gus Bradley" signs next home game. Big ones. So Kahn sees them.
I wouldnt go that far.  Trust me I am just as upset as you with the performance of the Jaguars this season.  Let's keep in mind how positive other sports minded individuals spoke of Gus Bradley.  His coaching in the senior bowl allowed him extra time to evaluate players such as Telvin Smith (on the team), Aaron Colvin (CB injured but on the team), and he realized that D. Carr & J. Garoppolo werent his guy at QB.  Things that everyone would probably credit Dave with that Gus surely had insight on.

The Defensive isnt that bad in fact they tend to look great at the start of games but then fall apart as the game progresses.  I think part of that is having a veteran line, while outstanding they tire easily as the game progresses forcing subs of lesser talent.  That being said the DLine is the strength to the Defense as the DBs have played horrible this year.  Granted injury has plagued this team, but a weak depth hasnt helped either.  I do feel as if Gus has made huge mistakes at the HC level that he never made as a DC but he is improving.

I guess I'll I am saying is lets wait until this season is over to judge.  If it continues to be this bad its hard to argue for him to remain, but if the team can show some growth in at least the young defensive players, then its worth another year.

Quote:We need a few huge "fire gus Bradley" signs next home game. Big ones. So Kahn sees them.

That'll show Khan you mean business!
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

I still like Gus and voted yes.

Now fire the Off. COord, Special teams Coord and who ever teaches tackling or as I call it watching.

How much does it cost to put a message on those big ol' scoreboards?

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

Quote:I still like Gus and voted yes.

Now fire the Off. COord, Special teams Coord and who ever teaches tackling or as I call it watching.

I agree some changes need to be made but Gus is safe at least until next year.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:I agree some changes need to be made but Gus is safe at least until next year.

I think he has to win at least one more game to be safe. If we close out the season 1-15 I'm not sure he's back next year, right or wrong.

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:I think he has to win at least one more game to be safe. If we close out the season 1-15 I'm not sure he's back next year, right or wrong.

They'll win at least another game. We still have Texans x2, the tacks and NYG, all of which are potential winners.

Its so easy, especially after another loss to jump on the fire Gus Bradley bandwagon...

but ... i cant give up on him just yet..

I really like the guy.. and i dont think the teams loss is soley his fault...

We have to give Gus at least the end of this season to review him...

Quote:They'll win at least another game. We still have Texans x2, the tacks and NYG, all of which are potential winners.

I think so as well but if they don't win one of those games all bets are off...........

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Has the defense improved.. I think so yes, now there is still a ton to improve on like tackling and going four quarters.

Offense is a work in progress filled with young players so there is going to  pains there but the OC is horrid with the play calling, We are going to lose so why not open it up and see what we are capable of. It seems we work best in a hurry up mode so why not more of that?

I just question signings and cuts how many guys have we cut that are flourishing elsewhere, Durant, Marshall, Mincy, Knighton now watch Watson do well for the cowboys.

Spend some money in the off season and get some veterans to teach the younger players.

Quote:They'll win at least another game. We still have Texans x2, the tacks and NYG, all of which are potential winners.

I don't know... I'm beginning to doubt we can out score any of those teams

Quote:You can judge leadership, and Bradley does not have it!!!

Fix the coordinators? Gus hired them, it's his fault. Success and lackof is on the leader's shoulders!

I understand that Gus hired them. They were friends and he should be held accountable. But, it's easier to make a coordinator switch than to fire the head coach. Fisch has gotten tentative in his playcalling and Bortles looks like he's regressed.

We need a coordinator and a QB coach that can grow Bortles.

Quote:I understand that Gus hired them. They were friends and he should be held accountable. But, it's easier to make a coordinator switch than to fire the head coach. Fisch has gotten tentative in his playcalling and Bortles looks like he's regressed.

We need a coordinator and a QB coach that can grow Bortles.

If Bradley makes those right moves then there is a case that he can lead this team.  But if he doesn't, it shows he is an indept leader and not willing or capable of doing what it takes to lead a championship team!

I'm concerned with the regression of the team this year on offense and Special Teams.  There has also been improvement on defense but it only live sup to it's potential in small pockets of time.  I'm very concerned that Bradley should have fixed some of these issues this past off season.  Not to mention he seems to really suck at game management!

Fire Fisch, keep Bradley. Then what? You get another Bob Bratkowski or Carl Smith washout that is glad to have a job?

;

;

Are really ready to start over...again? Can this fan base really handle another blowup of the coaching staff?

I'm not saying that Bradley's the guy. I'm only saying that we should stick to the plan, a three-year build. Tweak the staff where needed. But, to fire Bradley at the end of this season would be the ultimate knee jerk.

Quote:Are really ready to start over...again? Can this fan base really handle another blowup of the coaching staff?

I'm not saying that Bradley's the guy. I'm only saying that we should stick to the plan, a three-year build. Tweak the staff where needed. But, to fire Bradley at the end of this season would be the ultimate knee jerk.

If the Jaguars have to really blow it up the way they had to do two years ago then they might as well do it now, because that would mean Caldwell didn't find any good players.

I wonder if the 6-10 SF 49ers were thinking about whether they want to have to "blow it up" again when they fired Singletary and hired Harbaugh.

I don't think anyone can approve of the coaching job. Where to place blame is another discussion. Is it talent and personnel management? Coordinators? Position coaching? A head coach who always see the forest but not the trees?