Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Do you approve of the job Bradley has done as head coach?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Bradley Approval Poll

I know there was a post from last week, but I thought it would be nice to get a new "show of hands" after another pathetic loss.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Whoever says yes is either TROLLOLLOLing or is Bradley.

I'm not on the fire Gus bandwagon just yet, the D looked pretty good for two or so quarters, he needs a competent OC though. 

Though results matter and no I don't approve. 

I refuse to accept mediocrity, but at this point mediocrity seems so far away...

Quote:I'm not on the fire Gus bandwagon just yet, the D looked pretty good for two or so quarters, he needs a competent OC though.

Though results matter and no I don't approve.

This is where I stand right now also

Lol, should have made this bad boy public! Let the 'bibbers' show themselves. These fans have no fortitude!  I only am a fan during the bad times so I can complain about other fans complaining!

Grrr, Double chin strap pull, Vicism, whiners *crying into keyboard* Why did you leave Vic! I got no rock without you!

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

One thing is for sure, he did a terrible job of putting this coaching staff together. I don't think Gus will get fired, regardless of the record at the end of the season, but there needs to be changes at atleast offensive coordinator and special teams coordinator. If bortles is viewed as the franchise guy, they need to surround him with experienced, nfl-calibre minds. If Fisch is kept, you can say bye to Bortles potential, because we will never see it.
No commercial messages in sigs

I think Gus underestimated the value of having experienced coaches on the sideline. He may not have wanted to bring in a well established coordinator for fear that he would be undermined. So what did he do? He grabbed a meh college offensive coordinator, and an old mentor of his for the DC job.

(This post was last modified: 11-24-2014, 12:28 AM by JVRx21.)

Caldwell hit home on the DLINE FA signings. They came because of Gus. The defense is playing well, but everyone is forgetting these players will be replaced... They were the first draft picks in a complete overhaul.... They have time to get better... We have plenty of time.. We're not in the win now mode and that's exactly why Gus doesn't preach it..

He will be judged after another 2 drafts. We want a team for the future generation to be excited about... It takes time.

WE

Believe

We believe

We believe in victory!

And it's going to be painfully long

Buckle up

Quote:Caldwell hit home on the DLINE FA signings. They came because of Gus. The defense is playing well, but everyone is forgetting these players will be replaced... They were the first draft picks in a complete overhaul.... They have time to get better... We have plenty of time.. We're not in the win now mode and that's exactly why Gus doesn't preach it..

He will be judged after another 2 drafts. We want a team for the future generation to be excited about... It takes time.

WE

Believe

We believe

We believe in victory!

And it's going to be painfully long

Buckle up
Have no doubt Caldwell will be here for another few years. Gus doesn't have that luxury. Wins weren't the goal this early on, but improvement in the young guys was. Which of the young guys from last year has improved this year? Cyprien? Certainly not Gratz.

(This post was last modified: 11-24-2014, 12:36 AM by JVRx21.)

Quote:Have no doubt Caldwell will be here for another few years. Gus doesn't have that luxury. Wins weren't the goal this early on, but improvement in the young guys was. Which of the young guys from last year has improved this year? Cyprien? Certainly not Gratz.

They will be replaced. But honestly the most logical thing would be to just keep drafting and have competition at the position

People, why rehash the same old questions? Nothing has changed from last week. We are still a year and a half from being able to judge Bradley...and Caldwell, for that matter. The two are inseparably linked. But, judging this team now why the plan is still being worked is pointless. I know everyone is frustrated, but my Lord...we knew it was going to be like this with the talent-void roster Caldwell (and Bradley) inherited. 

Fix the coordinators. All three of them... Then, let's get to work.

Quote:People, why rehash the same old questions? Nothing has changed from last week. We are still a year and a half from being able to judge Bradley...and Caldwell, for that matter. The two are inseparably linked. But, judging this team now why the plan is still being worked is pointless. I know everyone is frustrated, but my Lord...we knew it was going to be like this with the talent-void roster Caldwell (and Bradley) inherited.

We didn't know it would be like this. They are still professionals be paid to do something they have done their entire lives... They need to perform better

MARKS IS A BEAST

Quote:We didn't know it would be like this. They are still professionals be paid to do something they have done their entire lives... They need to perform better

MARKS IS A BEAST
exactly. we were sold improvement. the defense has seen modest improvement AT BEST. The offense has regressed.

Quote:People, why rehash the same old questions? Nothing has changed from last week. We are still a year and a half from being able to judge Bradley...and Caldwell, for that matter. The two are inseparably linked. But, judging this team now why the plan is still being worked is pointless. I know everyone is frustrated, but my Lord...we knew it was going to be like this with the talent-void roster Caldwell (and Bradley) inherited. 

You can't not blame bradley for the coordinator hires. Those were his choices.

You can judge leadership, and Bradley does not have it!!!

Fix the coordinators?  Gus hired them, it's his fault.  Success and lackof is on the leader's shoulders!

Quote:You can judge leadership, and Bradley does not have it!!!

Fix the coordinators? Gus hired them, it's his fault. Success and lackof is on the leader's shoulders!

I dont think it's so much a lack of leadership skills as it is competence. He clearly has a decent grasp on defensive playcalling, but i dont think he's the cerebral defensive guru that everyone propped him up to be.

If he really wanted to show how fed up he is, he'd take over defensive playcalling. Right now his role is limited to cheerleader and sideline sideshow, and it isn't working.

He has also gotten to the point of not knowing what to say postgame, like JDR toward the end of his tenure.

One thing he did say spoke volumes though: that our players don't believe they can play well enough to win. If Bradley can't inspire them anymore, then this ship is sunk. That's the one thing he could always hang his hat on, and now it's gone.

We need a few huge "fire gus Bradley" signs next home game. Big ones. So Kahn sees them.

Clearly, Bortles is not receiving proper guidance and mentoring. Either that, or he's unable to learn from it. He doesn't appear to be improving.