Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bortles has slowly morphed into Chad Henne

I will agree the offensive line played atrocious today.  Bortles rarely if ever had a clean pocket all day.  The thing that bothers me is the short dump offs on 3rd and long and not even attempting to throw the ball deep.

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I will agree the offensive line played atrocious today.  Bortles rarely if ever had a clean pocket all day.  The thing that bothers me is the short dump offs on 3rd and long and not even attempting to throw the ball deep.

I think that's Fisch. Bortles never threw short on 3rd and long until about 3-4 games ago. They've either handcuffed him, or scared him to death he might throw an INT
[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

Quote:Bortles has been playing Chad Henne the last 5 or 6 games.  His main stats are in garbage time

He's not been that bad. I do think he's going through a tough time right now after throwing so many INTs and knowing that has to stop. Last week some of his passes seemed a bit wobbly, and this week Bradley talked about how they went into the game intending to run on first and second down. Trying to force the run when it doesn't work often backfires as it did in this case while typically making the qb look bad.

There's no doubt in my mind that Bortles is miles better than Henne. You really can only compare the two when comparing Bortles at his worst to Henne at his best.

'02

Quote:He's not been that bad. I do think he's going through a tough time right now after throwing so many INTs and knowing that has to stop. Last week some of his passes seemed a bit wobbly, and this week Bradley talked about how they went into the game intending to run on first and second down. Trying to force the run when it doesn't work often backfires as it did in this case while typically making the qb look bad.

There's no doubt in my mind that Bortles is miles better than Henne. You really can only compare the two when comparing Bortles at his worst to Henne at his best.
Yea, he has been that bad sad to say.

At least the Jags aren't getting blown out by the likes of the Washington Redskins like they were earlier in the year.

Quote:At least the Jags aren't getting blown out by the likes of the Washington Redskins like they were earlier in the year.

What? lol

Quote:What? lol

Translation: When Henne's played, the Jags may have well not even taken the field. See - 2nd half of Philly to 2nd half of Indy. 105-27 point differential with Henne playing.

Quote:Translation: When Henne's played, the Jags may have well not even taken the field. See - 2nd half of Philly to 2nd half of Indy. 105-27 point differential with Henne playing.
We only scored 3 points against indy and blake had a crazy 37 yards passing into the 3rd quarter.  This is gabbert bad

Quote:I think it's a reflection of the coaching staff but Blake Borltes has morphed into Chad Henne.

Short throws on 3rd and long

Scared throws

Bad Thorws

Inaccurate throws

Bad Decisions.

If you changed their Jersey number around very few would realize.  Today's game was a big statement.
Who's fault is that the Oline, WR/RB, QB coach, the OC, HC, or Bortles himself?

Quote:Who's fault is that the Oline, WR/RB, QB coach, the OC, HC, or Bortles himself?
I think it's a combination of all 3.   Bortles is playing scared, Oline can't pass block, while the gameplan was horrible.   Bortles has also been very inaccurate lately.

Quote:Translation: When Henne's played, the Jags may have well not even taken the field. See - 2nd half of Philly to 2nd half of Indy. 105-27 point differential with Henne playing.

And in the last 4 games it's been 114-56 point differential.

Why are they scared to begin with? The season was over weeks ago.

Quote:Why are they scared to begin with? The season was over weeks months ago.

corrected it for you

Quote:Why are they scared to begin with? The season was over weeks ago.

This doesn't make sense to me either.
[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

So when the FO said he needs to sit, they might have been on to something?

Who would have thought?
Making up

Evidence

Depending on

Information

Available

Quote:So when the FO said he needs to sit, they might have been on to something?

Who would have thought?

so what's your point?

they gave in to public opinion and started Bortles even though they KNEW it wouldn't be a good idea?  

Is that what you're saying?

Or.... they started him when they thought he was ready to start.....

either way, it's all on the front office and coaching staff.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

It's like once he threw some picks, they scaled the offense way back and it's made it worse.  The guy looks like an actual NFL QB when he's in the two-minute offense and the playbook is more open.  The O-line struggles aren't helping either.  Neither is losing Robinson, who has been our only consistent WR and was relied upon on 3rd downs.

Everyone is blaming Fisch but Fisch doesn't strike me as that conservative. I think Bradley has made Fisch put Bottles in a straight jacket.

Bring back the interceptions and at least a functional offence

Quote:So when the FO said he needs to sit, they might have been on to something?

Who would have thought?

Well if they're going to refuse to let him throw the ball, then sure, he should have just sat the year.

Quote:I think it's a reflection of the coaching staff but Blake Borltes has morphed into Chad Henne.

Short throws on 3rd and long

Scared throws

Bad Thorws

Inaccurate throws

Bad Decisions.

If you changed their Jersey number around very few would realize.  Today's game was a big statement.

Thanks for that insight coach. And they still haven't called you?

Big statement? To you, maybe. Guess you haven't watched much football. You don't think other teams watch film? You don't think they can game plan against a rookie QB?

Glad you can see the future. Good job.

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.