Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Sanity thread

(This post was last modified: 11-23-2014, 11:12 PM by HandsomeRob86.)

Quote:I hate the arrogance of guys like the OP.

Some "actual perspective"?  

Huh?  You are flat-out blind.

Get out of here with that stupidity.  
Lol, that perspective will probably get him promoted to Mod, seen it happen often enough.

In other news, some people will have be told next offseason after our coordinators are actually fired that those same coordinators are bad RIGHT NOW. See the 'usual suspects' when it came to Mularky a couple years ago....

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

At one time, I was drinking the Kool-aid like the OP. 

However, the facts are facts:

1) We're bottom 5 in the league in BOTH offense AND defense. 

2) We're the first team in history to start off 1-9 in three consecutive years. 

3) We've drafted in the top 5 of the draft more consecutive years than any other team in history. 

It's not all about doom and gloom, I think with a decent GM, scouting department, and coaching staff, we can be competitive in 3-4 years.  Mark my words - we make the playoffs in 2019.  

Quote:Lol, that perspective will probably get him promoted to Mod, seen it happen often enough.

In other news, some people will have be told next offseason after our coordinators are actually fired that those same coordinators are bad RIGHT NOW. See the 'usual suspects' when it came to Mularky a couple years ago....
I've seen this too many times.  Dating back to del rio and gene smith.

The apologist come on here and call the truth stupid, arrogant, impatient, and kneejerking.  While being completely wrong.  Looks to be more of the same.

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

LOL.  Can't wait for 2019 Navy...still laughing.

[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

Quote:At one time, I was drinking the Kool-aid like the OP. 

However, the facts are facts:

1) We're bottom 5 in the league in BOTH offense AND defense. 

2) We're the first team in history to start off 1-9 in three consecutive years. 

3) We've drafted in the top 5 of the draft more consecutive years than any other team in history. 

It's not all about doom and gloom, I think with a decent GM, scouting department, and coaching staff, we can be competitive in 3-4 years.  Mark my words - we make the playoffs in 2019.  
Its all part of the process.

Rebuilding takes time.

We are on a 4 year plan...

Gene was so bad (except when I said he wasn't upto the day before he was fired) we need "blank" amount of years to recover.

The responses are very predictable. No need to think, Oehser will tell us better in the morning just like Vic used too.

Apparently fan = "mindless zombie" to a few around here.

But...I will say this tho, we do actually have young talent this time, especially at WR, D-line, and even CB (McCray is a baller!). So the next coach may actually succeed. But if Blake doesn't turn it around here in the next 5 games, I am perfectly fine with drafting Mariotta or Winston (yes, even with the issues).

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Lmao. It's either we are improving, but the rest of the NFL teams have improved even more than we have, or that we haven't improved much -- if at all -- and that the "stats" are misleading. How else can one explain all the blow out losses and a 1 win season?

Lmao. It's either we are improving, but the rest of the NFL teams have improved even more than we have, or that we haven't improved much -- if at all -- and that the "stats" are misleading. How else can one explain all the blow out losses and a 1 win season?

Positives, the defense looks like they are getting better.

But the offense is not progressing. This was as poor an offensive spectacle as we have seen this year. The rookie excuse is lame. They run the weak plays as called by our inept OC. Also these rookies have played enough games that they should be figuring things out. To me the rookie excuse doesn't hold anymore

Quote:The board is overwrought with rampant kneejerking (yes I said it) and bellyaching. So I'm starting a thread with actual perspective, for anyone who cares about stuff like that.

Defense:

>The defense played lights out for 3 and a half quarters against a really good Colts offense that's borderline elite

>Defense continues to show improvement under Bradley

>With another offseason of draft picks and FA acquisitions the defense should be absolutely stout with upgraded linebackers and an even more bolstered D-Line.

Offense:

>Still starting several rookies and a handful of second years players and, shocker, the offense still looks like it's starting several rookies and a handful of second year players

>Just lost arguably our best receiver and, shocker, it looks like we lost our best receiver

>Bortles looks like a raw rookie who was supposed to sit his rookie season still

>Moral of the story is that thee things aren't' changing overnight or this season and it has nothing to do with the coaching staff, it's simply what you live with given the cards dealt

>In reality, with another offseason of work and a season of reps under his belt and more weapons around him Bortles will improve dramatically between years 1 and 2 and even more so between years 2 and 3, which was the plan, but of course, as you're sailing on a ship in the night you are rarely are able to make  out the scenery around you as you're bombasted by waves and storms, and the picture only becomes clear in hindsight.

The real gut wrencher of this team are turnovers and special teams play, which is the mark of a young team, exasperated by the fact we're hyper young by NFL standards. We have talent, we just have a bunch of kids who can't get out of their way right now. Once that happens and we've acquisitioned even more talent over the  next two years, this team will be a force to be reckoned with. But people have to be patient and it seems they're not, as to be expected of sports fans. This isn't turning around overnight. The route Caldwell chose to go when he underwent this rebuild was the one that takes longer, but with greater dividends in the end. It's just a matter of having patience to stick it out till we get to that point. I'm not even expecting it to be next year completely, I'm expecting it come year 4. But of course, most people don't want to wait that long.
[Image: Sally-Hansen-Sugar-Coat-Plum.gif]

Quote:Hard to stay sane when you watch this team play. Might be better to just get addicted to heroine

Addicted to Lara Croft or Charlie's Angels?  Maybe you're onto something....would be more entertaining than the Jaguars though.

One of these years.............

Quote:Addicted to Lara Croft or Charlie's Angels?  Maybe you're onto something....would be more entertaining than the Jaguars though.

Heroine or heroin. One of them
No commercial messages in sigs

I agree the Defense looked great in the first half, despite the Offense failing in so many ways.  It was good to see Toby getting first downs, and for the screen pass / short pass to help the team out.  I am not against the dink & dunks if it gets you first downs but you do eventually have to throw it deep... what worries is Fisch calling that because he cant trust Bortles not to throw an INT if its more than 20 yards....

We can see that Blake isnt playing with the same fire he had coming out of preseason and that worries all of us...

(This post was last modified: 11-24-2014, 09:36 AM by David4499.)

Did anyone really expect to win that game... I only had us beating the Browns, Texans and Titans this year. Yesterday was not  a surprise... take off your college football glasses and remember these are employees.. not competitors.

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

Quote:Positives, the defense looks like they are getting better.

But the offense is not progressing. This was as poor an offensive spectacle as we have seen this year. The rookie excuse is lame. They run the weak plays as called by our inept OC. Also these rookies have played enough games that they should be figuring things out. To me the rookie excuse doesn't hold anymore

To be fair, I'm not going to lose sleep if any or all of our coaching staff is gone after this season.

But I do love coming on this board to read "the rookie excuse no longer counts with 5 games still left in their rookie season". That's almost a third of their rookie season remaining but "being a rookie" is just an excuse.

[Image: 65700-Jon-Stewart-mind-blown-gif-kNso.gif]

Pro tip: Any job or career that you can master at the highest level within 8 months is too easy. (I used 8 months because it's 2/3 of one year, not because any of these rookies have actually been in the NFL that long)

“It just shows what kind of team we are. We’re a tough team. We like contact. We’re very physical. We want the issue to be brought to us so we can show people we can stand up to it and overcome it. Seeing that’s just a symbol of our team and who we are.” - Jaguars DT Malik Jackson

(This post was last modified: 11-24-2014, 10:01 AM by Cleatwood.)

Quote:To be fair, I'm not going to lose sleep if any or all of our coaching staff is gone after this season.

But I do love coming on this board to read "the rookie excuse no longer counts with 5 games still left in their rookie season". That's almost a third of their rookie season remaining but "being a rookie" is just an excuse.

Pro tip: Any job or career that you can master at the highest level within 8 months is too easy. (I used 8 months because it's 2/3 of one year, not because any of these rookies have actually been in the NFL that long)
Cyprien blowing his coverage? Joeckel not pass blocking well? Gratz getting crushed every play? They're not rookies but they keep making the same mistake over and over again. Bortles regressing throughout the year rather than improving?

The problem I would say is not the players but the coaching on this team.

Quote:To be fair, I'm not going to lose sleep if any or all of our coaching staff is gone after this season.

Nobody is saying to master anything. I think you can be competent though.
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

when is the GM and HC going to hold the special teams coach accountable? 

A punt run back for a TD (called back i know) by a guy not int he NFL the last 2 years.

And yet another blocked kick (still went thru)

At some point having the aflac duck run special teams is a better option.

Not only did he return it for a TD, but he muffed the punt first, picked it up, and then still scored.

Either terrible punting or terrible coverage.
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:Cyprien blowing his coverage? Joeckel not pass blocking well? Gratz getting crushed every play? They're not rookies but they keep making the same mistake over and over again. Bortles regressing throughout the year rather than improving?

The problem I would say is not the players but the coaching on this team.

I give Joeckel a little more leniency than the other two and I don't think Blake's played enough games to label it "regressing" (that's probably more a matter of semantics), but overall, I agree. I haven't been impressed with this coaching staff.

Quote:Nobody is saying to master anything. I think you can be competent though.

I think the rookies could look competent, if we were only starting a couple of them and they had quality vets around them. Robinson and Hurns have looked competent. I think Hurns would look more competent on a veteran offense. Linder and Bowonko have looked competent and I think they would look even moreso if they were playing next to better "veterans" than Joeckel, Beadles, and whoever we happen to trot out at RT. I think Lee would probably be having troubles on any team, though he'd probably look better in Denver or NE. And I think if Bortles had walked into a Wilson or Rodgers situation, he wouldn't be in this discussion either. But when you trot them all out together and can't get any reliable help from your quality vet WR and your "quality" vet TE, it's going to be ugly.

“It just shows what kind of team we are. We’re a tough team. We like contact. We’re very physical. We want the issue to be brought to us so we can show people we can stand up to it and overcome it. Seeing that’s just a symbol of our team and who we are.” - Jaguars DT Malik Jackson

Quote:when is the GM and HC going to hold the special teams coach accountable? 

A punt run back for a TD (called back i know) by a guy not int he NFL the last 2 years.

And yet another blocked kick (still went thru)

At some point having the aflac duck run special teams is a better option.
I would guess at season's end. There's not much to be gained by firing him now except for potentially causing more confusion and chaos in an already abysmal unit.