Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Sanity thread

The board is overwrought with rampant kneejerking (yes I said it) and bellyaching. So I'm starting a thread with actual perspective, for anyone who cares about stuff like that.

Defense:

>The defense played lights out for 3 and a half quarters against a really good Colts offense that's borderline elite

>Defense continues to show improvement under Bradley

>With another offseason of draft picks and FA acquisitions the defense should be absolutely stout with upgraded linebackers and an even more bolstered D-Line.

Offense:

>Still starting several rookies and a handful of second years players and, shocker, the offense still looks like it's starting several rookies and a handful of second year players

>Just lost arguably our best receiver and, shocker, it looks like we lost our best receiver

>Bortles looks like a raw rookie who was supposed to sit his rookie season still

>Moral of the story is that thee things aren't' changing overnight or this season and it has nothing to do with the coaching staff, it's simply what you live with given the cards dealt

>In reality, with another offseason of work and a season of reps under his belt and more weapons around him Bortles will improve dramatically between years 1 and 2 and even more so between years 2 and 3, which was the plan, but of course, as you're sailing on a ship in the night you are rarely are able to make  out the scenery around you as you're bombasted by waves and storms, and the picture only becomes clear in hindsight.

The real gut wrencher of this team are turnovers and special teams play, which is the mark of a young team, exasperated by the fact we're hyper young by NFL standards. We have talent, we just have a bunch of kids who can't get out of their way right now. Once that happens and we've acquisitioned even more talent over the  next two years, this team will be a force to be reckoned with. But people have to be patient and it seems they're not, as to be expected of sports fans. This isn't turning around overnight. The route Caldwell chose to go when he underwent this rebuild was the one that takes longer, but with greater dividends in the end. It's just a matter of having patience to stick it out till we get to that point. I'm not even expecting it to be next year completely, I'm expecting it come year 4. But of course, most people don't want to wait that long.

"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Why are we not improving?

Quote:The board is overwrought with rampant kneejerking (yes I said it) and bellyaching. So I'm starting a thread with actual perspective, for anyone who cares about stuff like that.

Defense:

>The defense played lights out for 3 and a half quarters against a really good Colts offense that's borderline elite

>Defense continues to show improvement under Bradley

>With another offseason of draft picks and FA acquisitions the defense should be absolutely stout with upgraded linebackers and an even more bolstered D-Line.

Offense:

>Still starting several rookies and a handful of second years players and, shocker, the offense still looks like it's starting several rookies and a handful of second year players

>Just lost arguably our best receiver and, shocker, it looks like we lost our best receiver

>Bortles looks like a raw rookie who was supposed to sit his rookie season still

>Moral of the story is that thee things aren't' changing overnight or this season and it has nothing to do with the coaching staff, it's simply what you live with given the cards dealt

>In reality, with another offseason of work and a season of reps under his belt and more weapons around him Bortles will improve dramatically between years 1 and 2 and even more so between years 2 and 3, which was the plan, but of course, as you're sailing on a ship in the night you are rarely are able to make  out the scenery around you as you're bombasted by waves and storms, and the picture only becomes clear in hindsight.

The real gut wrencher of this team are turnovers and special teams play, which is the mark of a young team, exasperated by the fact we're hyper young by NFL standards. We have talent, we just have a bunch of kids who can't get out of their way right now. Once that happens and we've acquisitioned even more talent over the  next two years, this team will be a force to be reckoned with. But people have to be patient and it seems they're not, as to be expected of sports fans. This isn't turning around overnight. The route Caldwell chose to go when he underwent this rebuild was the one that takes longer, but with greater dividends in the end. It's just a matter of having patience to stick it out till we get to that point. I'm not even expecting it to be next year completely, I'm expecting it come year 4. But of course, most people don't want to wait that long.

i dont think its kneejerking this many weeks in....

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:Why are we not improving?

We're not.  We are regressing in the worst possible way.  That's poor coaching.  We should have at least three wins by now.  I'm not bellyaching.  It is what it is, but it should be better than it is at this point in the rebuild.

Quote:i dont think its kneejerking this many weeks years in....

fixed

;

;

Its pretty sad we are saying we SHOULD have 3 wins by now, when its week 12.  Yeah we're improving, and we are in the right direction.  Stay positive man.

[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

Quote:Why are we not improving?
We're not improving but the defense held Andrew Luck's Colts to under 10 points for the majority of the game. OK.

"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

Quote:We're not improving but the defense held Andrew Luck's Colts to under 10 points for the majority of the game. OK.
And sacked him 6-7 times. Not to mention forcing 3 turnovers in the 1st half alone...

Quote:We're not improving but the defense held Andrew Luck's Colts to under 10 points for the majority of the game. OK.

Quote:And sacked him 6-7 times. Not to mention forcing 3 turnovers in the 1st half alone...

Stats don't get you wins.

However you spin it, if we end the season with less wins than last, we regressed.

minus the 4th quarter garbage time yards the offense had 92 total yards...so many knee jerks 

Quote:The board is overwrought with rampant kneejerking (yes I said it) and bellyaching. So I'm starting a thread with actual perspective, for anyone who cares about stuff like that.

Defense:

>The defense played lights out for 3 and a half only 
quarters against a really good Colts offense that's borderline elite, in spite of having two weeks to prepare

>Defense continues to show slight
improvement under after
Bradley benched his chosen DC

Yes, please give us ACTUAL perspective. The lies from the apologists need to stop.

Oh, and I fixed some comments for you.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Quote:minus the 4th quarter garbage time yards the offense had 92 total yards...so many knee jerks

So many knee jerks throughout the years. Maybe it's just the truth. I thought FBT would be popping in by now to say Badley and Fisch aren't the problems it's the young roster..
[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

Quote:So many knee jerks throughout the years. Maybe it's just the truth. I thought FBT would be popping in by now to say Badley and Fisch aren't the problems it's the young roster..

and injuries, never forget the injuries, we're the only team with them. 

With that said the defense did look good, not good enough to sustain, but with how horrible the offense and special teams looked it was a surprise they came out looking good at all.  

Lee has afterburners, I man crushed so hard on that play.  

I will give him his credit Slowby found a hole and ran one.  He still sucks but he at least showed the ability to actually find the hole and take it. 

Quote:i dont think its kneejerking this many weeks in....
5-22..... It's not knee jerk.

This guy can't coach. He's a good defensive coordinator but he is not a head coach. We play the Giants next week and Beckham is going to torch us. Oh and not to mention our old friend Jennings too.

Quote:Its pretty sad we are saying we SHOULD have 3 wins by now, when its week 12.  Yeah we're improving, and we are in the right direction.  Stay positive man.
We should have beat Philly.  We should have made the field goal on Tennessee and we had Pittsburgh and we dominated Miami in the first half of that game.  The problem I see is that we can't play a complete game.  We start out good but just can't close the deal.  I blame the coaches for that.  Jedd Fisch and his idiot play calling is probably the biggest problem.  How many times are we going to run on first and second down and then throw a short pass on third down?  It's the same thing over and over again.  For crying out loud why don't they attack?  I can live with the INTs if the ball's being chucked down the field.  Nobody fears our offense.  Indy was daring us to throw the ball that entire game.

I am not going to sugarcoat it or say the offense is showing improvement when we are not.

Just a couple quick questions.... 

Do you think the rookies have hit the Rookie Wall yet or is that still to come?

Also, when it happens will we be able to tell or are we playing badly enough that it will look normal?

Oh and to the person that is going to start a rookie wall thread... You're Welcome!

I hate the arrogance of guys like the OP.

Some "actual perspective"?  

Huh?  You are flat-out blind.

Get out of here with that stupidity.  

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:i dont think its kneejerking this many weeks in....
The apologist always call it kneejerking.

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Hard to stay sane when you watch this team play. Might be better to just get addicted to heroine
No commercial messages in sigs