Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
WoW what a bunch of impatient fans!

Quote:I agree with you but this is Jacksonville. Home of "instant gratification". People forget Peyton Manning and John Elway's first year as a rookie. Both had high interceptions but went on to be great. However if I have one major gripe it would be the horrible offensive play calling. It's crap.
Some people are drunk on Teal Kool Aid huh?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I guarantee that if the defense gives the offense the ball on a turnover inside the 20, the offense will score a fg at least 50% of the time...........as long as the oline doesn't get a holding penalty or the snap is bad or the kick is blocked.

I think that Khan, Caldwelll, or Bradley started this thread.

Sometimes, it gets worse before it gets better. The Jags NEVER came out and said they would win the division THIS YEAR. The entire Jags organization knew this would be a process. Process as in years, not a few games. What we are seeing is the worse before it gets better cycle. What many of us didn't expect was just how worse. However, this team is NOT the team it was after the first 3-4 games although the wins / losses does not reflect that. The OL has improved and the defensive front four are among the tops in the NFL in sacks. They are the real deal. The linebacking and safety core are a works in progress. However, the LARGEST growing pains belongs solely to the Offense. At the head of that is Blake Bortles who is proving week in and week out that he is indeed a rookie. The true question however is this: Is he improving or digressing? Is he making the same dumb mistakes week in and week out simply because he's a rookie or is there "something" fundamentally flawed with him as a player. Is he a player along the lines of Christian Ponder who simply doesn't have the "right stuff" in their emotional make-up to be a top flight QB? That's hard to say because he has moments of sparkle and just as fast slips into yet another dumb mistake. However he develops, one thing is certain............Blake Bortles is NOT afraid to sling it (much like Bret Favre) but to his detriment, he will sling it in ill advised situations when the risk of being intercepted is high. Blake Bortles needs to LEARN when to sling it away and tuck it away and take the sack. Throwing into double coverage a majority of the time is not just a rookie mistake. it is flat out DUMB and can become a very bad habit, which is exactly what happened to Chritian Ponder in Minnesota. Ponder was brought to the party to soon, and I suspect it did serious damage to his confidence and now he rides the bench. How Bortles comes out next season will determine if this too has happened to him. 

Start a thread and then never post again in the thread... classic

I think most Jaguar fans are upset after only winning one game against the Browns, so I expect tons of threads calling for the firing of everyone on the team.  That doesnt mean its warranted, or that it'll happen.

The excuses can get out of control too on the opposite side of the arguement, but we all not accountability lies with the player / coach.

Why things didnt work out better for the Jaguars?  Injuries, Youth / inexperince, lack of talent, first time HC in 2nd year, OC with only college experince, bad coaching decisions like staying with Chad Henne as the starter, but most can argue that the GM has done at least a fair job.  Or is that too in question as I read threads that the 2013 draft is the reason the team is failing so bad this year.

Quote:Yea... fans have been patient for what 6 years? This is the NFL not middle school.

We hired Caldwell in 2008??? [BAD WORD REMOVED] me. How did I miss that memo? Anyway, since I miss his writing, can you tell me what ole Vic thought of the Caldwell hire? His analysis was usually a little more insightful than O-Zone's so I'm just curious since I can't find his write-up about it.

[Image: Santana-glee-rolling-eyes-festivals-gif.gif]

“It just shows what kind of team we are. We’re a tough team. We like contact. We’re very physical. We want the issue to be brought to us so we can show people we can stand up to it and overcome it. Seeing that’s just a symbol of our team and who we are.” - Jaguars DT Malik Jackson

Vic got out of Dodge while the getting was good....

[Image: Welcome%20to%20Duval_zps4z3erxne.jpg]

While we're at it we could give a 3rd rounder for Eugene Monroe and a 2nd rounder for Pot Roast.

For those who've been fans for the last 3-4 years, sure, patience.

For those who've been fans since 1995, the promises of improvement, building process, new owner, coaches and putting winning secondary to profitability is getting really old. It's not just losing, it how this team is losing.

I understand it's about making money, but, as I've said a few times, winning is still in the back seat when the organization takes 4 home games, and plays them on neutral ground.

Next year, should be the moving ahead year,after this " rebuild" and the 4 th year, I would expect a playoff push. An away,home game could make a difference.

2 games, ok. 4?

And the London games ain't over yet, after the 4 th one. Khan has hinted as much.

Jag fans want instant gratification? Please. Define instant? 7-8-9-10 years?

Even the Brits will finally say Keep Calm and Carry on.... Some where else.

Ok, end rant. Just a frustrated fan since the newspaper headline screamed We Did It.
Blakes Life Matters

Quote:Every year it's the same. Draft this QB. Fire that coach! From the day Dave Caldwell took over he said this was a 3-year rebuild, and we haven't even finished year two. Think about the fact that as soon as Dave left Atlanta the Falcons have been garbage. Give the guy a break! We gutted our entire team! Blake is their guy, and we all knew he was going to make mistakes but everyone was still calling for him! Now we want a new guy! when does this ever work in the NFL? name me one instance that a team has a coaching and QB carousel and it works out #Raiders. Give them another season. I see wow plays, and once we start playing consistent ball it will be a great thing to see. Cleveland let Bill go and look what he has done in New England. We are building something here, so if we can have just a little more patience I honestly feel we can be great!

We should be seeing players like Joeckel and Cyprien improving. They aren't.

hows that gus juice treatin ya

jjlovesfootball

true they didn't promise the division but they did promise to be competitive

WHERES THE BEEF !

Meh I agree with the post. Not much else I can say/add.

I agree with this thread 100 percent. After every game we lose everyone wants to fire the whole front office but that won't happen. You said it a 3 year rebuild and we have one more year to go. If they were to tweak anything i would let go of Fisch and get a OC that has recent QB success and also runs a more pro style offense. Also let go off ST coach.

(This post was last modified: 11-24-2014, 07:35 PM by P. Haze.)

Quote:I think that Khan, Caldwelll, or Bradley started this thread.
or Tony Boselli company man [BLEEP]. Never heard a man pr harder than him today. It's some on here too. I can't even listen to Boselli the ego punk though.

Quote:Vic got out of Dodge while the getting was good....
I have always thought this. He didn't leave the wonderful weather and golf of J-Ville just cause of the packers 'lore'. He read the tea leaves and ran...

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Quote:Every year it's the same. Draft this QB. Fire that coach! From the day Dave Caldwell took over he said this was a 3-year rebuild, and we haven't even finished year two. Think about the fact that as soon as Dave left Atlanta the Falcons have been garbage. Give the guy a break! We gutted our entire team! Blake is their guy, and we all knew he was going to make mistakes but everyone was still calling for him! Now we want a new guy! when does this ever work in the NFL? name me one instance that a team has a coaching and QB carousel and it works out #Raiders. Give them another season. I see wow plays, and once we start playing consistent ball it will be a great thing to see. Cleveland let Bill go and look what he has done in New England. We are building something here, so if we can have just a little more patience I honestly feel we can be great!

Are you joking?  I hope you are.

I see wow plays too.  As in wow...this team stinks!  Wow...these coaches are lost.  Wow....we managed to get worse....again.  Wow...we managed to get our [BLEEP] whooped coming off a bye week.  Wow...we got our [BLEEP] handed to us in the 2nd half, for the 109384th time this year.

This team is full of wow plays but they aren't wow in a good way.

By the way Bill >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Gus.  Comparing them is an insult to Bill.

Bill can put together a game plan, he won 10 games with Matt freaking Cassell at QB.  I've been far from the biggest Hoodie supporter and hitting the jackpot with Brady did wonders for him.  However, when it comes to x's and o's there is no better coach around.  Gus is the polar opposite.  He's quite possible the worst head coach I've witnessed with x's and o's based on the results we've seen.

I'm sorry but this thread is one big laugh.