Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
I fully expect Bortles to come out on fire after the bye.

(This post was last modified: 11-13-2014, 12:23 PM by DavidzPimpSuit.)

Quote:[Image: DarkWarmCranefly.gif]

So strange how much quicker the release is in this gif than what it has been in recent weeks... Not sure what happened but its a bit alarming.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:So strange how much quicker the release is in this gif than what it has been in recent weeks... Not sure what happened but its a bit alarming.

Easy to read vanilla defense. One look, one throw. Now in the real season those turn into pick 6s and the fans say Bortles is the problem.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

"I fully expect Bortles to come out on fire after the bye".....

Wow... I know his girlfriend is hot, but 'Bortles on fire'? Tell 'er to take it easy on him!

I y'ams who I y'ams and thats all I y'ams...

Quote:The only hope for footwork refinement from him will come in the offseason. A week for that type of makeover is like feeding a whale a tic tac.
The spent the offseason working on it. He just hasnt been practicing it with having to prepare for games. a week off will let them go back over what they worked on in the offseason. It might help get him back to the way he was in the preseason and the first couple of games

Quote:"I fully expect Bortles to come out on fire after the bye".....

Wow... I know his girlfriend is hot, but 'Bortles on fire'? Tell 'er to take it easy on him!

Hmmmm, could be a case of having played the field...

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Ranking the back-up QBs who got starts this year at NFL.com:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...he-backups

Bortles finishes low on the list (12 of 15) with the caveat of "I'd take Bortles long-term over this entire list, but the rankings are based on this year's play only."

Also interesting was something I've been harping in a few of the Fire Fisch threads - "Bortles' decision-making has grown more careful in recent games which has limited his mistakes and reduced his handful of jaw-dropping throws each week. The struggles with routine short passes are a real concern."

Quote:J.W must know, if he was on fire would he not be badly burned? Is it possible to play football while one is ignited in flames?

Hahaha I was going to post something like this! Too funny

jdub

Quote:So strange how much quicker the release is in this gif than what it has been in recent weeks... Not sure what happened but its a bit alarming.

Quote:Easy to read vanilla defense. One look, one throw. Now in the real season those turn into pick 6s and the fans say Bortles is the problem.

Take a step further.

He was pretty impressive against Tampa and Chicago, two absolute disasters we've seen this year. 

Ehhh.  GIFs do weird stuff with frames per second/resolution, but I think the real issue is just that he's a rookie who's inconsistent and likely  concentrating on different areas to improve from week to week. 

Watch the release on the throw at 50 seconds in on this video from the cowboys game. Seems like an efficient release time to me. 

http://www.jaguars.com/media-gallery/vid...f2464e55ff

Quote:That's all. 
Again let us look at Peyton Manning's rookie year stats...

Peyton Manning rookie year stats: (He started his rookie year, game 1 instead of 3 like Bortles)

He played in 16 games, threw 575 attempts, completed 326 passes, for 56.7%, 3,739 yards, for a 6.5yard avg, 233.7yards per game avg, 26 touchdowns, 28 interceptions, he had only eight 40+ yard passes and a QB rating of 71.2

the following year he had only 26 touchdowns again but brought his INT down to 15 that year from 28 and had a 90 rating in his 2nd year.

He improved imensly in his third season with more yards, the same INT at 15 but 33 touchdowns and a higher rating (meaning he improved each year which you expect a QB to do as he goes from a rookie to his 3rd year).

Let us now look at Blake Bortles whom didnt start at week 1 had a way worse offensive line than Peyton with no running back until week 7 emerging (D-Rob) and all young rookie WRs

Blake Bortles after 8 games

He threw 278 attempts for 176 comp, 63.3 %, 1,921 yards, 6.9 average, 240.1 per game avg, (both of which are better than Peyton finished with in his rookie year), 8 touchdowns, 14 ints, six 40+ yard throws, and a QB rating of 72.2 (Better than Peyton)

Can you imagine if fans of the Colts were so wish washy and demanded Peyton be released or benched after his rookie year performance?  No Superbowl appearance no decade of dominance in the passing attack...

Please have patience the professionals are working.... lets just cheer them on and watcht he players develop into stars...

Quote:Again let us look at Peyton Manning's rookie year stats...

Peyton Manning rookie year stats: (He started his rookie year, game 1 instead of 3 like Bortles)

He played in 16 games, threw 575 attempts, completed 326 passes, for 56.7%, 3,739 yards, for a 6.5yard avg, 233.7yards per game avg, 26 touchdowns, 28 interceptions, he had only eight 40+ yard passes and a QB rating of 71.2

the following year he had only 26 touchdowns again but brought his INT down to 15 that year from 28 and had a 90 rating in his 2nd year.

He improved imensly in his third season with more yards, the same INT at 15 but 33 touchdowns and a higher rating (meaning he improved each year which you expect a QB to do as he goes from a rookie to his 3rd year).

Let us now look at Blake Bortles whom didnt start at week 1 had a way worse offensive line than Peyton with no running back until week 7 emerging (D-Rob) and all young rookie WRs

Blake Bortles after 8 games

He threw 278 attempts for 176 comp, 63.3 %, 1,921 yards, 6.9 average, 240.1 per game avg, (both of which are better than Peyton finished with in his rookie year), 8 touchdowns, 14 ints, six 40+ yard throws, and a QB rating of 72.2 (Better than Peyton)

Can you imagine if fans of the Colts were so wish washy and demanded Peyton be released or benched after his rookie year performance?  No Superbowl appearance no decade of dominance in the passing attack...

Please have patience the professionals are working.... lets just cheer them on and watcht he players develop into stars...
Hmm, you decided to compare him to Peyton, how original.

Quote:Then we found out the Bears defense is actually trash.
The throw was beautifully placed, bad defense or not. 

Quote:Hmm, you decided to compare him to Peyton, how original.
How about Big Ben Roethlisberger not his rookie year but his 3rd year...

Big Ben's 3rd season stats..

280 comp/469att, 59.7%, 3,513yards, 18TD, 23 INT, 75.4 rating...

to Borltes 8 games

278 att / 176 comp, 63.3 %, 1,921 yards, 8 td, 14 ints,  QB rating of 72

Blake Bortles certainly has the physical talent and the work ethic to make a major jump forwards.     Yet,  there's no question that the season ending injury to Allen Robinson is a major setback for Bortles and the entire Jaguars team.   I watched the Jaguars game against the Cowboys last night and one of the players that really jumped out in a favorable manner for the Jaguars was Allen Robinson.   It seems like Bortles for good reason has a comfort level with Robinson.

Moving forward,   in addition to someone stepping up to help replace Allen Robinson,  a key for Bortles is his teammates need to protect the ball better.   The fumble on a punt return by Ace Sanders cost the Jaguars a TD.   It also changed the complexion of the game.   Denard Robinson has been an asset for the Jaguars but his fumble was costly as well.    Playing QB with a lead is much more advantageous than when are playing from behind,    as the opposition can focus on pass Defense that much more.     There should come a time when Bortles will be able to overcome some turnovers.   But the Jaguars as a team and Bortles as a rookie QB don't appear to be at that stage yet.  

Quote:How about Big Ben Roethlisberger not his rookie year but his 3rd year...

Big Ben's 3rd season stats..

280 comp/469att, 59.7%, 3,513yards, 18TD, 23 INT, 75.4 rating...

to Borltes 8 games

278 att / 176 comp, 63.3 %, 1,921 yards, 8 td, 14 ints,  QB rating of 72
So you're just picking and choosing stat lines to make Bortles comparable to good QBs.  Put his line next to some busts with similiar stats while you're at it.  Not saying he's a bust, just saying the cherry picking of stats is absurd.

(This post was last modified: 11-13-2014, 07:29 PM by leopold332002.)

Quote:So you're just picking and choosing stat lines to make Bortles comparable to good QBs.  Put his line next to some busts with similiar stats while you're at it.  Not saying he's a bust, just saying the cherry picking of stats is absurd.

Well, the reason a person don't compare him to bad qb's is because he does things in his game which will lead me to believe he won't become a bust of a qb. What Joey Harrington(weak arm), Brady Quinn(see Joey Harrington) Kyle Boller(can't read defenses), Tim Couch(weak arm and overly sensitive) Akili Smith(dumb and lack of commitment), Jamarcus Smith(see akili smith) , Andre Ware (system qb) David Carr(lack of commitment and phantom pressure) Byron Leftwich(Injury prone and lack of commitment), Ryan Leaf(see akili smith) and Blaine Gabbert(phantom pressure) all have in common on becoming a bust is that  they had football or life issues in which those individuals couldn't overcome as nfl players.

If anyone don't see the signs that Blake Bortles barring injury isn't going to become an nfl qb is stupid, blind or both because the evidence is right there in front of you. For all the rookie struggles people proclaiming he's having this year he leads all other rookies in every category except for td's and low int's which is impressive to me because he done this in 2 less games and with an offense that's equivalent to the college all star team playing against NFL defenses. I guaranteed everyone this if the raider's GM (Reggie Mckenzie) and Vikings GM (Rick Spielman) can trade their current rookie qb's right now for blake bortles they would do it in a heartbeat and would call dave caldwell a sucker the moment they hang up their cell phones.  

[Image: giphy.gif]

Quote:Well, the reason a person don't compare him to bad qb's is because he does things in his game which will lead me to believe he won't become a bust of a qb. What Joey Harrington(weak arm), Brady Quinn(see Joey Harrington) Kyle Boller(can't read defenses), Tim Couch(weak arm and overly sensitive) Akili Smith(dumb and lack of commitment), Jamarcus Smith(see akili smith) , Andre Ware (system qb) David Carr(lack of commitment and phantom pressure) Byron Leftwich(Injury prone and lack of commitment), Ryan Leaf(see akili smith) and Blaine Gabbert(phantom pressure) all have in common on becoming a bust is that  they had football or life issues in which those individuals couldn't overcome as nfl players.

If anyone don't see the signs that Blake Bortles barring injury isn't going to become an nfl qb is stupid, blind or both because the evidence is right there in front of you. For all the rookie struggles people proclaiming he's having this year he leads all other rookies in every category except for td's and int's which is impressive to me because he done this in 2 less games and with an offense that's equivalent to the college all star team playing against NFL defenses. I guaranteed everyone this if the raider's GM (Reggie Mckenzie) and Vikings GM (Rick Spielman) can trade their current rookie qb's right now for blake bortles they would do it in a heartbeat and would call dave caldwell a sucker the moment they hang up their cell phones.  
I can fully agree with this.  Cherry picking stats does nothing, you can do that with anyone if that's the point you want to make.  Having judgement based on what you are seeing on the field is valid.  I see it too.

(This post was last modified: 11-13-2014, 07:51 PM by leopold332002.)

Quote:I can fully agree with this.  Cherry picking stats does nothing, you can do that with anyone if that's the point you want to make.  Having judgement based on what you are seeing on the field is valid.  I see it too.
Thank you and i appreciate your opinion on it because at the end we're all jaguar fans and wants what's best for the team. 

[Image: giphy.gif]

I really hope he comes out feeling better even without having ARob. I would love for us to beat the colts in indy :thumbsup:

Quote:"I fully expect Bortles to come out on fire after the bye".....

Friction burn, my favorite kind of injury.   :thanks:

When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.