Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Leonard Williams or Randy Gregory

Quote:No, he's a junior.

Then DraftBreakdown is wrong on him.
"Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other." Galatians 5:26

2015 NFL Draft - Analyzing Targets www.jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/topic/7892-2015-nfl-draft-analyzing-targets/

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:The HC for Nebreska seems to think Gregory may come back for his senior year.
I doubt it

Quote:The HC for Nebreska seems to think Gregory may come back for his senior year.

Same story every year with the underclassmen. Remember how many reports from last year that Bridgewater "might stay" for his senior year.

If Gregory continues to play great, he will come out this year, seems like he could easily land in the top 5. 

Not many people would stay in school when they could be a top five pick. I sure wouldn't. Can always see how the NFL treats you and then if jt doesn't pan out, go back and finish
"Expect for the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes."

Are we at the point where we can eschew overall talent to fill a positional need? If so, then Gregory (or Ray) would make great LEOs. If not, Leonard Williams is the most talented non QB in the draft IMO. It's not a huge gap, but it is more than just splitting hairs. 

Quote:Are we at the point where we can eschew overall talent to fill a positional need? If so, then Gregory (or Ray) would make great LEOs. If not, Leonard Williams is the most talented non QB in the draft IMO. It's not a huge gap, but it is more than just splitting hairs.

I think oakman has more natural talent than either guy to be honest.

Williams might be the best of the three in terms of how good he is at his position right now though.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Here is a good write up on Williams

Quote: 

Leonard Williams (DE, USC)

I’m not sure how Williams has earned such a brilliant reputation. Don’t get me wrong, he’s certainly intriguing. He’s 6-5 and 300lbs and moves well for the size. I’ll happily eat my words if he explodes at the combine and shows himself to be a big-time athlete with huge upside potential. On tape, however, it’s still a real mystery what his best position is. When he lines up inside he can be a liability against the run. Against Fresno State he was pushed around on two red zone TD runs. He’s not a great interior rusher either. As a defensive end he’s certainly got that J.J. Watt act of swatting the ball down to a tee. And yet he’s not a great speed-to-power rusher. He doesn’t live in the backfield. He’s busy rather than relentless. He looks like he might be a 5-technique in the 3-4. Based on his athletic qualities, I’m positive someone will take him in round one. Yet I’m not totally convinced the tape warrants such lofty reviews (eg being touted as a potential #1 overall pick).

(This post was last modified: 11-14-2014, 02:27 AM by flgatorsandjags.)

Quote:Are we at the point where we can eschew overall talent to fill a positional need? If so, then Gregory (or Ray) would make great LEOs. If not, Leonard Williams is the most talented non QB in the draft IMO. It's not a huge gap, but it is more than just splitting hairs. 
I like Ray as well, his quick moves off the snap are nasty.   I think a lot will depend on his numbers at the combine, the combine will be huge for him imo

Quote:Here is a good write up on Williams

I agree a lot with that.