Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Week 12 Games Of Interest

So....the Gators were blocking each other again...

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

A little disappointed in the Gophers fans.  I realize it looks pretty cold but this is arguably the biggest home game theyve had in... forever.  And they just panned the upper deck and in the corners there was a big block of empty seats.  

Go Gata

Quote:The game is at Minnesota I believe.

The Buckeyes did not look good against Penn State and Virginia Tech.

I like the Buckeyes too, have been a fan since I was a kid.

But, recent history for them has shown that they lose a game near the end to screw up any chance they have at a title.

Last year it was the Big 10 Championship game. If they don't choke against Minn or Mich,, I almost fully expect them to lose the Championship game to Nebraska/Wisconsin/Minnesota.

It's just who the Buckeyes are the past few years.

It is nice to know at least one other Buckeyes fan is on the board.

The Virginia Tech game was bad from the start. We actually were OK at Penn State and won at the end. It was just not as good as it should have been.

As for Minnesota, obviously their defense is better than their uniforms.

Sucks that the Gators lost today, but the only surprise there is needing overtime to do it because of a blocked punt.

Quote:So....the Gators were blocking each other again...

At this point I'm wondering if they practice it

Alabama all over Miss St.  

TCU losing to Kansas in the 3rd quarter by 3... and Kansas is on the doorstep of a touchdown.

Notre Dame losing to Northwestern at home.  

Quote:Alabama all over Miss St.  

TCU losing to Kansas in the 3rd quarter by 3... and Kansas is on the doorstep of a touchdown.

Notre Dame losing to Northwestern at home.  

Looks like it could be Upset Week. That would be great news for Ohio State.

Quote:So....the Gators were blocking each other again...

just awful.

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

this bama game is going to be a real lopsided blowout come end of game. saban is going for the juggular.

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:This Bama game is going to be a real lopsided blowout come end of game. Saban is going for the jugular.

Of course he is. To be the best you have to beat the best. And right now MSU is #1, not Alabama.

I knew if MSU loses a game this year, it would most likely be this one. But I was not expecting a blowout.

Quote:Of course he is. To be the best you have to beat the best. And right now MSU is #1, not Alabama.

I knew if MSU loses a game this year, it would most likely be this one. But I was not expecting a blowout.

theoretically thats not true. the number 3 and 4 team could play for the national championship.... so they technically wouldnt have had to beat "the best"

Anyone still want to argue that Notre Dame is anything more then just a decent team ? Northwestern is terrible.
TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

Quote:Anyone still want to argue that Notre Dame is anything more then just a decent team ? Northwestern is terrible.

shouldnt have ever been able to in the first place!

alabamas inability to capitalize on the defenses efforts are making this game close.

Quote:alabamas inability to capitalize on the defenses efforts are making this game close.
reminds me of a game I went to today in Gainesville.
;

Melvin Gordon 25 carries 408 yards and 4 TDs...wow!  Badgers sticking it to Nebraska 52-17.

Quote:Anyone still want to argue that Notre Dame is anything more then just a decent team ? Northwestern is terrible.

Ohio State laid an egg in Week 2 and later decisively beat MIchigan State. I think Notre Dame is like that - able to play well against the great teams (FSU) but still prone to laying bad eggs.

Quote:Melvin Gordon 25 carries 408 yards and 4 TDs...wow!  Badgers sticking it to Nebraska 52-17.

OMG where is Nebraska's run defense?

The Big Ten West division just got a lot more interesting in Madison.

ND sucks.
;

Quote:ND sucks.

absolutely terrible. i hate the program for 2 reasons 1. the fans are incredibly smug and just dont know football. 2. the program and its 390873897 billion dollar tv deal have too much greed and pride to join a conference.