Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Week 12 Games Of Interest

Saturday, November 15th

12:00 PM

No. 21 Clemson at No. 24 Georgia Tech
GT seems to be getting better and better. 

12:00 PM

South Carolina at Florida
What we have going right now Gators is a streak. Keep it rolling, please.

3:30 PM

No. 1 Mississippi State at No. 5 Alabama

Another big one in the national and SEC picture.

3:30 PM

No. 13 Nebraska at No. 25 Wisconsin
Determines (I think) the winner of their division, whatever it's called.

7:15 PM

No. 3 Auburn at No. 20 Georgia
Another one with big national and SEC implications

8:00 PM

No. 2 Florida State at Miami (FL)
Some think Miami has a shot. I for one don't. Their current win streak is against some pretty eh teams.

8:00 PM

No. 8 Michigan State at Maryland

I think Maryland give Mi. St. all they want.

Good weekend.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 11-11-2014, 09:34 PM by rfc17.)

Not quite as many good games as last weekend but still a solid one.  I do think this 4 team playoff has been a benefit to the regular season.  That many more teams who are still alive and needing to win games down the stretch.  But also the playoff is small enough where a good team losing isnt irrelevant.  I know a lot of folks want an 8 team playoff but imagine if FSU lost a game down the stretch.  They may miss out on a 4 team playoff but in an 8 team one they'd basically be a lock even with a loss.  

my teams...

Auburn at Georgia - I may go to this.  Or at least be in town for this.  Not quite as big a deal following Auburn's surprising loss last weekend.  Not really sure what to make of this.  I think Auburn can beat anybody in the country.  But clearly they arent a consistently dominant team.  Granted A&M's QB was on fire last weekend and he was the #1 QB recruit in the country so the kid has got talent.  But even still, Auburn shouldnt have lost that.  UGA gets Gurley back although I'm not sure they have missed him at all.  I still think UGA has an outside shot of sneaking into the playoff.  Not sure I believe they control their destiny.. .they'd need some help... but beating Auburn and then a surprisingly solid GaTech team and winning the SEC championship game against a highly rated opponent would definitely shoot them into the top 10.  At worst probably 6 or 7.  And depending on who else loses, a playoff bid isnt out of the question.  They'd have two bad losses but would have some good wins.. and their out of conference wins Clemson and GaTech are probably better than anybody elses out there.  Only a handful of teams have one out of conference win against a power 5 team let alone two.

Vandy - bye week.

other games...

Miss St at Alabama - Basically another knockout game in the SEC.  Although I do think Miss St can lose this game and still make it to the playoffs.  They'd need to win the SEC championship game obviously which would require a Bama loss to Auburn though.  Bama though cant afford to lose.   Not sure what to think here.  Miss St is one of those teams that doesnt look pretty but even in their tight games hasnt looked like they might lose.  But I honestly believe Bama is better.  The only thing holding Bama back is that they are basically starting a backup at QB.  Sims isnt the man.  He is just keeping it warm.  Prescott can put himself in serious Heisman talk with a huge game.

FSU at Miami - May be crazy but I think FSU trips up against either Miami or Florida.  Playing fields can become more level in rivalry games.  And while FSU has been finding ways to win, they havent been looking pretty.  Miami keeps getting better as their true freshman QB gets better.  And they've had two weeks to prepare.  I'd probably put money on FSU if I had to but I wouldnt be surprised in the slightest if Miami wins.  If FSU doesnt have to stack the box to stop Duke Johnson, I bet they win easy.  But if they have to bring extra guys up close to stop the run, Miami may be able to hit some plays over the top.  And Miami has the athletes to keep up.  

Nebraska at Wisconsin - Could very well decide the Big10 west.  If Melvin Gordon puts up huge numbers, could jump him up to the top of the Heisman.  Supposed to be only 33 degrees in Madison this saturday.  Should be awesome.

Ohio St at Minnesota - Buckeyes the new flavor of the week.  Definitely a huge win over Mich St.  Obviously more talented than Minnesota.  Will be even colder here.  Highs in the 20 and supposed to snow that evening.  Game is at noon so I'm hoping the snow gets there earlier than forecasted.  Ohio St clearly has to win out for any playoff hope.  And Minnesota, while out of the playoff picture with 2 losses, has a legit shot to win the West and go to Big10 championship game... against Ohio St.

Mizzou at Texas A&M - Which Aggies team will show up this week?  Talk about Jekyll and Hyde.  I have a hunch though now that theyve got their 5 star #1 QB recruit in the nation starting, they'll be pretty strong going forward.  I wouldnt be surprised if we've seen the last of Kenny Hill.  Mizzou is still in the driver's seat as far as SEC East.  But man they've played lousy at times.  Maty Mauk is another jekyll and hyde.  Some games he looks great, others terrible.  And when he stinks, the whole team plays lousy.   

Clemson at Georgia Tech - Jackets still with a shot to win the ACC whatever division.  They'll need the Dukies to lose if not once then twice. Not sure what to think of Clemson but they arent as good without Watson.  

LSU at Arkansas - if this game had been played a month ago I would have told you Arkansas would have a great shot to win.  But LSU has gotten better and better.  They still arent getting good QB play but they arent trying to rely on it like they did earlier in the season.  Hogs still close to getting that SEC win.  I think they get it over Mizzou.

South Carolina at Florida - Will Spurrier retire after this season?  Been hearing rumors about it.  If so this will be the last time he coaches at the Swamp.  Florida seems to have found something with Harris.  I dont think he is some world beater at QB but for whatever reason the offense seems to work better with him.  Even if all they do is run the ball.

Temple at Penn St - I'm interested in this just to see how Franklin does against Temple.  Temple has been much better than people thought this year.  I'd love to see the Nittany Lions lose this.

San Diego St at Boise St - I'm really rooting for Colorado St to be the mid-major team to get invited to the BCS bowl.  I really like what hteir coach McElwain has done.  But their only loss was to Boise St which means they'd lose the tiebreaker in their division.  Need Boise St to lose one more conference game to give the Rams a shot at the MW title game.  And a victory there would give them an amazing shot at making that BCS bowl.  They have non-conference wins against Colorado and at Boston College... which doesnt sound like much but as far as midmajor schools, knocking off two of them, both away from home is impressive.  

conference races...

SEC West - Miss St/Alabama will decide a lot.  If Miss St wins they are a near lock.  Alabama winning makes it a little more interesting

SEC East - Mizzou in drivers seat but they arent playing great.  They have a one game lead on UGA but dont own the tiebreaker.  UGA still has to play Auburn so a loss there gives Mizzou a game to play with.  

Big10 East - Ohio St basically has it wrapped up... would need to utterly collapse

Big10 West - The round robin of Nebraska, Wisconsin, Minnesota, and Iowa kicked off last weekend with Minnesota wiping the floor with Iowa.  Was surprised to see that.  Nebraska/Wisconsin winner will be in the drivers seat.  Minnesota drew bad luck getting Ohio St.  

Big12 - You have to think Baylor wins it.  three more conference games all at home.  Only real worrisome game is Kansas St.  But after seeing TCU run up and down on them have to think Baylor will do the same.  Will just be a matter of Kansas St being able to score enough to keep up.  Which they probably wont be able to do without cheap points off turnovers or special teams.  TCU will run the table so the conference champ will be decided on if Baylor slips up against either OSU, Texas Tech or Kansas St.

Pac12 North - Oregon has already clinched I believe

Pac12 South - Arizona St in the drivers seat.  One game up on USC, UCLA, and Arizona.  Arizona St's remaining games are Oregon St (W), Washington St(W) and Arizona.  They should only have one loss heading into the Arizona game.  USC and UCLA will knock each other out the weekend before Arizona and State play.  If Arizona wins could potentially have a 3 way tie with 2 losses at end of season.  UCLA have beat both Arizona and State.  So if they win out and Arizona beats Arizona St, they take it.

ACC FSU - Im assuming FSU has already clinched

ACC nonFSU - Duke still in drivers seat.  Have one loss.  GaTech and Miami with two.  Duke beat Tech but lost to Miami.  So would be an interesting 3 way tie if the cards fall that way.  Miami still has FSU so a loss by the Canes there would all but clinch a Duke division title.

playoffs....

ACC.... Said above I'm calling a FSU loss to Miami or Florida.  I'm having less faith in the Noles with each passing week.  I think a loss would put them in jeopardy.   A loss in the ACC championship game would eliminate them(but lets be honest that isnt happening)... a loss to Miami but a ACC championship wouldnt eliminate them but I think they'd need help.

Pac12.... Oregon will cruise to the Pac12 title game.  A win there would make them a lock.  Arizona St may not cruise to the Pac12 title game since they still have Arizona but if they do make it there with one loss, this would be a defacto playoff game with the winner making it to the playoff.

Big12....... TCU will cruise to an 11-1 record.  I'm not calling them a lock because if Baylor also goes 11-1 they'll win the Big12 and will have the head to head.  One of those teams would make it... would be interesting if a scenario arises where the committee puts in both.  

SEC..... If Miss St runs the table they are obviously in.  Even if they lose, I think a one loss SEC Champ (State or Bama) is a lock.  The interesting thing will be if the champ has two losses.  Or would be interesting if Bama beats Miss St and goes to SEC title game and loses while Miss St finishes the year 11-1.  Would State still get in with one loss but not a champion?  

Big10.... Even if Ohio St wins out, I think they'd be left in the cold assuming an undefeated FSU, Pac12 champ, Big12 champ, and one loss SEC champ.  However I do think a one loss Ohio St team that is playing lights out would get in over a one loss FSU team that hasnt looked sharped of late.  I think a dominating victory over Mich St and a win over Nebraska/Wisconsin would look better than FSU's controversial win over a now suspect Notre Dame and... who would be their next best win?  Louisville on the road probably?  Lets assume FSU runs the table, then Ohio St's best hope would be to get in over an SEC team that has cannibalized each other... say a 2 loss UGA or Mizzou somehow wins the championship game.  Maybe, possibly, perhaps, if Arizona St wins the Pac12 but looks terrible doing it... needs some flukey bounces to beat Oregon St and Washington St.  And maybe if Oregon is shorthanded in the title game(Marriotta is hurt or somethign) and Arizona St struggles to win.... maybe if Ohio St keeps getting more and more dominant then they get in.  But a think a 2 loss SEC champ or an FSU loss is a lot more likely than that scenario.

NCAA Week 12 Schedule And TV Announcers:

http://www.ncaa.com/what-to-watch

Just saw that it is supposed to be only 36 in Fayetteville saturday for the high... will drop into the 20s and is supposed to snow that night.  LSU-Arkansas game time is 8:00PM.  should be awesome!

usually you dont see snow games in college football regular season ends early enough that you dont see this.  looking forward to it this weekend.

Ohio State at Minnesota?

This might be the game the Buckeyes choke right after a huge victory for them last week.

Of course, I don't think it would be considered some big upset if Minn beats them.

Quote:Ohio State at Minnesota?

This might be the game the Buckeyes choke right after a huge victory for them last week.

Of course, I don't think it would be considered some big upset if Minn beats them.
You wouldn't considered that a big upset?

;

Quote:You wouldn't considered that a big upset?

Isn't Minnesota a pretty good team this year? Not sure.

The Buckeyes, although capable as they showed last week, are not as good as what many believe IMO. PSU and VT games definitely show that.

Quote:Isn't Minnesota a pretty good team this year? Not sure.

The Buckeyes, although capable as they showed last week, are not as good as what many believe IMO. PSU and VT games definitely show that.
They're about as good as they've been in a long time. I'd still say that if they won it'd be a huge upset.

;

Quote:They're about as good as they've been in a long time. I'd still say that if they won it'd be a huge upset.

You're probably right. I just see the Buckeyes choking another game before the season ends, maybe theor conference championship game.

Quote:You're probably right. I just see the Buckeyes choking another game before the season ends, maybe theor conference championship game.
Inhope you're right. I can not stand Ohio St.
;

Quote:Isn't Minnesota a pretty good team this year? Not sure.

Minnesota is much better than years past. Is it their coach that is retiring after the year is over? That's a big motivator. He's had quite a few health issues.

It would be an upset, but not as much as years past.

(This post was last modified: 11-13-2014, 12:09 PM by rfc17.)

Not sure what to think of Ohio St.  They coulda/shoulda lost to Penn St.  But then turn around and whip Michigan St.  I realize it's rare to have a team always be dominant so most good teams will have close games here or there.  But I just flat out didnt think they were capable of whipping Mich St.

If they were to lose to Minnesota however, I think that opens the door for a non conference champ to get in.  I still think FSU, Oregon/Arizona St, TCU/Baylor, and a 0 or 1 loss SEC champ is the most likely scenario.  However should one of those fall(which I think is very possible), Ohio St is the obvious next choice were they to win out... and especially if they do so convincingly.  Knock them out of the equation and that would set the table for the excluded TCU/Baylor or excluded Bama/Miss St.

Quote:Ohio State at Minnesota?

Why wouldn't it be a big upset? Ohio State dominated Michigan State on the road. Show me the last time Minnesota went on the road to beat a top 10 team.

And why would the Buckeyes choke after a huge win? I would be shocked if it is not a blowout.

Quote:Minnesota is much better than years past. Is it their coach that is retiring after the year is over? That's a big motivator. He's had quite a few health issues.

It would be an upset, but not as much as years past.

I never read anything about Jerry Kill retiring or having new health issues since he got the job. But even if he was, I don't think Minnesota would be good enough to upset Ohio State.

Is the Ohio State/Minnesota game on here?

Quote:Is the Ohio State/Minnesota game on here?

says ABC...

http://mattsarzsports.com/Schedule/Weekl...GdRRfnF-Qw

... typically if its only being played in a particular region of the country there will be a link to a coverage map showing you where it is being shown.  But I dont see that so Im assuming it'll be broadcasted nationally.

Quote:says ABC...

http://mattsarzsports.com/Schedule/Weekl...GdRRfnF-Qw

... typically if its only being played in a particular region of the country there will be a link to a coverage map showing you where it is being shown.  But I dont see that so Im assuming it'll be broadcasted nationally.

But it also says ESPN3, so I am hoping that does not mean for regions outside the Midwest.

GO BUCKEYES!

(This post was last modified: 11-15-2014, 01:48 PM by jagherd.)

Quote:Why wouldn't it be a big upset? Ohio State dominated Michigan State on the road. Show me the last time Minnesota went on the road to beat a top 10 team.

And why would the Buckeyes choke after a huge win? I would be shocked if it is not a blowout.
The game is at Minnesota I believe.

The Buckeyes did not look good against Penn State and Virginia Tech.

I like the Buckeyes too,, have been a fan since I was a kid.

But, recent history for them has shown that they lose a game near the end to screw up any chance they have at a title.

Last year it was the Big 10 Championship game. If they don't choke against Minn or Mich,, I almost fully expect them to lose the Championship game to Nebraska/Wisconsin/Minnesota.

It's just who the Buckeyes are the past few years.

Quote:But it also says ESPN3, so I am hoping that does not mean for regions outside the Midwest.

I think that just means it is eligible to be seen online through the ESPN app or through espn.com... which makes sense since ABC and ESPN under the same umbrella