Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2015 First Draft Pick

Quote:Holliman is a rangy centerfield type FS that is almost guaranteed to be drafted in the 1st round. Collins can play FS just fine, too.

Holliman, Eskridge, or Collins.
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 11-11-2014, 01:13 PM by Cable.)

As I watch the Jaguars today, the areas of improvement in my opinion would be the following,

Offense:

TE - This position we should be looking for someone who isnt strictly a pass catcher. We should be looking for someone who is good in both blocking and catching. I say this as we run a balanced offense currently.

WR - I know I will upset people with putting WR down, but its not particularily high on my list of improvements this year. When I say WR though, its not just any receiver. It has to be a playmaker. I am talking about a WR1. The Dez Bryant, D Thomas, A.J. Green style players. Blackmon when here for the short amount of time, was on the border on WR1 and WR2 talent. This could be due to various reasons including our QB play, or no other viable pass catchers.

G/C - This is either for backup or replacement on either LG or C position depending on if the team wants Bowanko to continue working as the center. Either way we need to lose McClendon even if he is just depth.

OT - At this position, I am currently looking at a RT mostly during this offseason. Someone to challenge Pasztor for the position and provide depth. This upcoming offseason didn't look promising in terms of LTs. Also Pasztor is currently set to become a free agent.

Defense:

MLB - We all know Posluszny is getting older and this defense needs someone with a bit more speed, and not as prone to injuries. The only thing I would miss is his leadership. Of course watching him play with the blood on his fact was fun as well.

OLB - The OLB position needs to be improved. The only person I see at the moment worth actually maintaining is Telvin Smith.

FS - Yes this position is glaring with a need to be improved.

CB - This is a position where we are stronger, but might overcome any hurdle with adding another player. Ball is getting older and is a free agent at the end of the season. Gratz and McCray show promise, but making them fight for it wouldn't be a bad thing.

DT - Yes we are strong at DT, however Roy Miller is set to become a free agent. He will need to be replaced. I expect to draft a new DT unless we go for a guy in free agency.

DE - Another position in which we are ok at. We have Clemons, Branch, and Davis listed as our pass rushing DEs while Bryant, Alualu, and Smith are listed as our run stop ends. Branch has shown improvement, unfortunately I don't know if it was enough improvement to warrant skipping a playmaker in the draft. He has shown he could be decent depth at the very least.

With all of this said, I believe during free agency, we will target a TE, OLB, DT, and possibly a guard. Yes I am listing bigger names, as I admit, I haven't paid much attention to the little guys.

Free Agency Targets:

TE - Jermaine Gresham, Jordan Cameron, Charles Clay, and Julius Thomas

OLB - Justin Houston, Malcolm Smith, and Jason Worilds

DT - Da'Quan Bowers, Damon Harrison

G - Mike Iupati

MLB - Brandon Spikes or Nate Irving

FS - Devin McCourty or Rahim Moore

Draft Targets depending on Free agency should be DE, DT, MLB, OT, G/C, FS, CB

DE - Randy Gregory or Shawn Oakman
DT - Leonard Williams, Michael Bennett, Ellis McCarthy, Carl Davis or J.T. Surratt
MLB - Benardrick McKinney, Denzel Perryman, Eric Kendricks, A.J. Johnson
FS - Gerrod Holliman, Derron Smith, Kurtis Drummond, or Cody Prewitt
CB - Josh Shaw or Eric Rowe
OG - Laken Tomlinson, Tre' Jackson, or Aundrey Walker
OT - Corey Robinson, Rob Havenstein, Daryl Williams

With these prospects in mind and using CBS sports round ranking (yes I know its not accurate due to team needs), I would have the following with us at 2nd overall pick

Without Trade:
Round 1 - Randy Gregory
Round 2 - Eric Kendricks
Round 3 - Best FS available
Round 4 - Laken Tomlinson or Aundrey Walker
Round 5 - J.T. Surratt
Round 6 - Michael Dyer
Round 7 - Rob Havenstein

With Trade in top 10:
Round 1 - Shawn Oakman
Round 2 - Gerrod Holliman
Round 2 - Eric Kendricks
Round 3 - Josh Shaw or Eric Rowe
Round 4 - Corey Robinson
Round 5 - J.T. Surratt
Round 6 - Michael Dyer
Round 7 - Devin Smith

Anything in top 20 would get an extra 4th round pick most likely.

Gregory was born in Jax?

Threadkiller

If available, you throw a boat load of money at Iupati, McCourty, Suh and Hardy.  (Hardy, Suh, Marks, and Bryant would be the best D-line in football). Maybe look towards Cameron and Hardwick. Then you draft all offensive line, linebacker, and maybe a safety or receiver if there's value.  If we were to cut Poz, Lewis, and Clemons we'd add another 18ish million to the 45ish million we are under the cap going into next season, and that doesn't even include our 30 million in rollover cap space.  Those contracts add up to about 60 million per year, if their contracts were flat, which obviously they won't be, so less.

Quote:Holliman is a rangy centerfield type FS that is almost guaranteed to be drafted in the 1st round. Collins can play FS just fine, too.  
Holliman coming out as a Soph...will teams grade him out as 1st rounder after just 1 year of college play?  ...I agree he is probably the best "FS" type out of those but seems risky to take early.

Quote:If available, you throw a boat load of money at Iupati, McCourty, Suh and Hardy.  (Hardy, Suh, Marks, and Bryant would be the best D-line in football). Maybe look towards Cameron and Hardwick. Then you draft all offensive line, linebacker, and maybe a safety or receiver if there's value.  If we were to cut Poz, Lewis, and Clemons we'd add another 18ish million to the 45ish million we are under the cap going into next season, and that doesn't even include our 30 million in rollover cap space.  Those contracts add up to about 60 million per year, if their contracts were flat, which obviously they won't be, so less.
Doesn't really make sense to throw a ton of money on FAs unless we're making a Super Bowl run next year, which we aren't.  I think they focus on resigning a couple of our own guys but overall stay quiet in free agency.

landon collins is overrated

dont want any Bamma DBs

Quote:Doesn't really make sense to throw a ton of money on FAs unless we're making a Super Bowl run next year, which we aren't.  I think they focus on resigning a couple of our own guys but overall stay quiet in free agency.

I think a team that looks like the following is a playoff team:

QB - Bortles, Henne

RB - Duke Johnson, Robinson, Gerhart, Johnson

FB - Ta'ufo'ou

WR - Blackmon, Robinson, Hurns, Lee, Sanders

TE - Jordan Cameron, Harbor

LT - Joeckel, Wells

LG - Linder, Beadles

OC - Nick Hardwick, Bowanko

RG - Mike Iupati

RT - La'el Collins, Pazstor

RDE - Greg Hardy, Branch, Davis

DT - Marks, Hood

DT - Suh, Jones

LDE - Bryant, Alualu, Smith

SLB - Shaq Thompson, Reynolds

MLB - Denzel Perryman, Thomas

WLB - Smith, Hayes

CB - Gratz, McCray, Ball, Blackmon, Colvin

FS - Devin McCourty, Evans

SS - Cyprien, Loston

Quote:I think a team that looks like the following is a playoff team:

QB - Bortles, Henne

FB - Ta'ufo'ou

LT - Joeckel, Wells

LG - Linder, Beadles

RG - Mike Iupati

DT - Marks, Hood

DT - Suh, Jones

WLB - Smith, Hayes

SS - Cyprien, Loston

Turn off the game console, we aren't playing madden.

Hardy is suspended until his trial which is in the offseason.

Suh will work, but might create turmoil for us on the line as it will have issues with the morale.

Quote:Gregory was born in Jax?

Yes.

Hardy will obviously be off the commissioner's list by next season.  Suh would add some mean to our team that we need.

If the team wants to win, they need to bring in good players, period.

Quote:Tyroil Smoochie-Wallace, University of Miami.   That's my pick. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gODZzSOelss
LOL.  I've seen this but - it still cracks me up. 

"Jackmerius Tacktheritrix"   Bwa-ha-ha.  So stoopid.

Quote:Holliman coming out as a Soph...will teams grade him out as 1st rounder after just 1 year of college play?  ...I agree he is probably the best "FS" type out of those but seems risky to take early.
Yeah it's obviously predicated on the hope that Holliman declares, but I think if he does he is definitely a 1st rounder. 

Quote:Tyroil Smoochie-Wallace, University of Miami.   That's my pick. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gODZzSOelss

How could you choose him over EEEE EEEEEEE?  You seriously need to go back and study some tape

[Image: Brunell_sig_zps13c33193.jpg]

Quote: 

Sign a center in his mid-30's coming off a neck injury and bench your rookie who is playing well.

Good idea.

Quote:I think a team that looks like the following is a playoff team:

QB - Bortles, Henne

FB - Ta'ufo'ou

LT - Joeckel, Wells

LG - Linder, Beadles

RG - Mike Iupati

DT - Marks, Hood

DT - Suh, Jones

WLB - Smith, Hayes

SS - Cyprien, Loston

Dude you're dreaming

Quote:Sign a center in his mid-30's coming off a neck injury and bench your rookie who is playing well.

Good idea.

Is he better than Bowanko?  

Yes, then yes.

(This post was last modified: 11-14-2014, 07:14 PM by FreeAgent01.)

Quote:Dude you're dreaming

Assuming the free agents would sign here, its feasible with our cap space, but definitely definitely a far, far, far, far fetched dream.

Quote:Is he better than Bowanko?

Yes, then yes.

Hardwick has been thinking about retiring from the NFL. This neck injury might be the thing to finally make the choice happen.

I don't see why we would want a center who would be 34 when the season begins either.

Quote:Hardwick has been thinking about retiring from the NFL. This neck injury might be the thing to finally make the choice happen.

I don't see why we would want a center who would be 34 when the season begins either.

Because he's better than the player he would be replacing on the active roster.  Bowanko has been better than expected, but he's still far from good.  Hardwick is a borderline pro bowler and a very strong veteran in the locker room.  If he retires, then obviously we wouldn't sign him.  And obviously I wouldn't suggest signing him if there were serious medical red flags come next March.  That's why I mentioned him as a Maybe target.