Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Week 11 AP And Coaches Polls

Quote:The Pac 12 is light years ahead of the Big 10. Of the Big 5 conferences, the Big 10 is the weakest.

8-1 is not always better than 7-2.  If a team that is 7-2 has lost to two of the better teams in the country, and the team that is 8-1 lost to a pitiful team...then isn't it logical that the 8-2 team would beat the 7-1 team?  

I get that Ohio State is one of the many....many teams you root for, but you are wrong.  Again.

What makes you think I root for "many many teams"? Can't you count to 2?

How can the Pacific 12 be light years ahead of the Big Ten with only one powerhouse team?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:What makes you think I root for "many many teams"? Can't you count to 2?

How can the Pacific 12 be light years ahead of the Big Ten with only one powerhouse team?

You don't know much about the Pac 12 do you?  There are numerous teams in the Pac 12 that play good football....In my opinion, there's only one team that would even come close the Pac 12/SEC/ACC big dogs, and its not Ohio State.

Quote:You don't know much about the Pac 12 do you?  There are numerous teams in the Pac 12 that play good football....In my opinion, there's only one team that would even come close the Pac 12/SEC/ACC big dogs, and it's not Ohio State.

You act like the Pacific 12 is as good as the SEC.

Quote:You act like the Pacific 12 is as good as the SEC.

No, I act like the Pac 12 is better than the B1G.  

Nevermind, I give up...Ohio State should just be #1.

Plus the Pac 12 can count. Big 10/11/12/13/14 can not. So they have that going for them too.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

Quote:3/5 SEC in top five.  overrated right?

Mississippi State is.

Quote:Mississippi State is.
What makes them any more overrated then FSU?

;

If it's an SEC bias why is the top team in the SEC East not even ranked. Does anyone think MIZZOU would not beat Duke?

Regards........................the Chiefjag

Quote:What makes them any more overrated then FSU?

Theyre undefeated in the sec. The conference bigjohn says is the best. Interesting logic.

Quote:Theyre undefeated in the sec. The conference bigjohn says is the best. Interesting logic.

So something can't be the best and be overrated at the same time?

Quote:If it's an SEC bias why is the top team in the SEC East not even ranked. Does anyone think MIZZOU would not beat Duke?

They don't rank teams based on next game predictions. Their chances of beating Duke are irrelevant.

Quote:So something can't be the best and be overrated at the same time?

If a team is the best, how can it be overrated?

Quote:So something can't be the best and be overrated at the same time?
I knew you couldn't flat out answer the question posed.

;

Quote:What makes them any more overrated then FSU?

Prescott for sure is overrated.

No way should he even be close to a Heisman favorite.

(This post was last modified: 11-04-2014, 07:53 AM by TravC59.)

Quote:Prescott for sure is overrated.

No way should he even be close to a Heisman favorite.
He has definitley cooled off from that start he had. He started off really big but that didn't keep up consistently. I think part of it was teams not thinking he had th potential to do what he did and have better game planned with him in mind.

;

Quote:No, because of something called SEC bias. If Ole Miss was in the ACC they would be ranked lower than Ohio State because of their two losses.

If they were in the ACC they wouldn't have two losses.   They wouldn't have played LSU and Auburn. 

Quote:I knew you couldn't flat out answer the question posed.

Oh, please forgive me for not answering your question right away. I'm sorry I have other things to tend to besides answering YOUR question on a message board. Next time I'll work on giving you a quicker response.

As far as Mississippi State being overrated, you have to first look at that atrocious defense. They're ranked 91st in the country and giving up 434.8 yards per game. They gave up 34 to UAB and allowed Kentucky to torch that defense. They get their reputation as being this good team by beating an awful Texas A&M team. Auburn was a good win, I will give them that. They get taken to the wire by Kentucky, who is a team improving, but that should have never been the case. Then they only beat an Arkansas team who hasn't won an SEC game in almost two years by seven at home. 

I'm sorry, there's just nothing about Mississippi State that comes off as impressive. FSU hasn't looked great this year, but until someone beats us, we should be #1 IMO. But I know, "they're in the SEC West blah blah blah."

I have no doubt in my mind that Jameis would tear that defense apart and FSU would beat Mississippi State.

(This post was last modified: 11-04-2014, 09:33 AM by thunderbuns.)

Quote:He has definitley cooled off from that start he had. He started off really big but that didn't keep up consistently. I think part of it was teams not thinking he had th potential to do what he did and have better game planned with him in mind.

ESPN still has him first in their "Heisman Watch". I don't get it.

I think though if they lose to Bama, he'll be out of the top spot.

It's Mariota's to lose.

Quote:Oh, please forgive me for not answering your question right away. I'm sorry I have other things to tend to besides answering YOUR question on a message board. Next time I'll work on giving you a quicker response.

As far as Mississippi State being overrated, you have to first look at that atrocious defense. They're ranked 91st in the country and giving up 434.8 yards per game. They gave up 34 to UAB and allowed Kentucky to torch that defense. They get their reputation as being this good team by beating an awful Texas A&M team. Auburn was a good win, I will give them that. They get taken to the wire by Kentucky, who is a team improving, but that should have never been the case. Then they only beat an Arkansas team who hasn't won an SEC game in almost two years by seven at home. 

I'm sorry, there's just nothing about Mississippi State that comes off as impressive. FSU hasn't looked great this year, but until someone beats us, we should be #1 IMO. But I know, "they're in the SEC West blah blah blah."

I have no doubt in my mind that Jameis would tear that defense apart and FSU would beat Mississippi State.
You had time to respond, but refused to answer it. Going off on some other tangent. Choosing to make a sarcastic reason up as to why you didn't. Makes sense.

FSU may very well get that chance. Heck, they may get two chances at a west team.

Miss. St./or any other team being #1 right now doesn't matter. Last year's FSu team was different, which is apparent.

;

Quote:ESPN still has him first in their "Heisman Watch". I don't get it.

I think though if they lose to Bama, he'll be out of the top spot.

It's Mariota's to lose.
Give me Mariotta, Cooper as 1/2

;