Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Why Is Karlos Williams Domestic Violence Issue Just Now Getting Publicity ?

(This post was last modified: 10-28-2014, 09:34 AM by TravC59.)

Quote:Ahh, sorry. Here's a good article outlining whats gone on. He may have done nothing, but I'm pretty sure I saw some pictures that dont look too promising.

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2246438-karlos-williams-domestic-battery-investigation-latest-details-on-fsu-rb?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=cnn-sports-bin&hpt=hp_bn15'>http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2246438-karlos-williams-domestic-battery-investigation-latest-details-on-fsu-rb?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=cnn-sports-bin&hpt=hp_bn15</a>

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.si.com/college-football/2014/10/27/karlos-williams-florida-state-investigation-domestic-battery-running-back'>http://www.si.com/college-football/2014/10/27/karlos-williams-florida-state-investigation-domestic-battery-running-back</a>

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/11774172/florida-state-seminoles-running-back-karlos-williams-being-investigated-alleged-domestic-assault'>http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/11774172/florida-state-seminoles-running-back-karlos-williams-being-investigated-alleged-domestic-assault</a>

There was an alleged robbery that he was involved in June as well? Wow, didnt hear about that.
Barstool Sports - FSU's Karlos Williams Being Investigated For Allegedly Beating Up His Pregnant Girlfriend

Removed the barstool link as it had a S word in it but very telling about the situation. Ballou mentioned in it as well as comments from Jimbo
TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:An agenda against who now?  Jameis or FSU in general? 

FSU got really mad at Ballou over this....for reporting the truth.  He got blasted by the school and Jimbo....and it came out to be true.

What truth did Ballou report? He reported Karlos was going to be suspended. He has not been suspended. 

Jeff Cameron, a radio host out here, said yesterday that the questions Jimbo got last week about a possible suspension were due to a failed drug test, which is why Jimbo said he had no idea where these rumors come from.

Quote:What truth did Ballou report? He reported Karlos was going to be suspended. He has not been suspended. 

Jeff Cameron, a radio host out here, said yesterday that the questions Jimbo got last week about a possible suspension were due to a failed drug test, which is why Jimbo said he had no idea where these rumors come from.

That's true....the suspension part was wrong, I took it as he was reporting something happened.

If Jimbo wasn't aware of what was going on in general with him, Jimbo needs to get more involved.

CNNSI and Bleacher Report have articles on this too? Those agenda driven maniacs.

;

Quote:CNNSI and Bleacher Report have articles on this too? Those agenda driven maniacs.

Lol, thats what I was pointing out.  If you google, you'll find quite a few more agenda driven sites....

Quote:Lol, thats what I was pointing out.  If you google, you'll find quite a few more agenda driven sites....
It's ridiculous, can not believe the hatred and venom being spewed towards Tallahassee.

;

(This post was last modified: 10-28-2014, 11:54 AM by TravC59.)

Jameis Winston was called "The Michael Jordan" of college football. What are they thinking?? Shouldn't that be reserved for an SEC QB, maybe running back? Saban maybe?

I am irate. Heads need to roll. How will the SEC kingdom continue if we are going to tear it down from within??

;

I will leave this here....  and then make a big new post about it as well.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ficiating/

Quote:I will leave this here....  and then make a big new post about it as well.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ficiating/
Pretty crappy if true. I'd like to see the personal foul called on tape too.

This is a pretty harsh accusation to make without any real knowledge. Pereira could come out of this looking like a complete moron. Heck on one of the OT drives yesterday against the Cowboys and Redskins there was a blatant holding call missed that really helped Dallas out on a 3rd and long deep inside their own 5. Bad calls, missed calls, questionable calls etc are made all the time. It's part of the game itself.

;

(This post was last modified: 10-28-2014, 12:28 PM by Rashean27Mathis.)

http://www.foxsports.com/college-footbal...iew-102514

We need these in two threads?

;

Quote:Pretty crappy if true. I'd like to see the personal foul called on tape too.

This is a pretty harsh accusation to make without any real knowledge. Pereira could come out of this looking like a complete moron. Heck on one of the OT drives yesterday against the Cowboys and Redskins there was a blatant holding call missed that really helped Dallas out on a 3rd and long deep inside their own 5. Bad calls, missed calls, questionable calls etc are made all the time. It's part of the game itself.

Calls, especially bad ones, are a part of the game.  That is not his point:

From Mike himself---  

This play clearly demonstrated it happened again. From the time the ball was snapped for the punt until a decision was made by referee Matt Moore, 2:36 elapsed. During that time, you could obviously see the group of officials that had huddled were getting input from someone. Someone, somewhere, was giving them information on the personal foul penalty that was called a dead-ball foul on the kicking team.

What? Are you kidding me?

Two weeks ago, I asked the national coordinator of officials, Rogers Redding, who also happens to be the former coordinator of officials for the SEC, about this and he vehemently denied this process was taking place. He said the communications system was only for use of the officials on the field and no other person was on that system. 

Bull. --

Quote:We need these in two threads?

The 3rd one is coming. 

BTW- do you know the definition of irony?

7 months ago fans all across the US were rooting for FSU to beat the big bad SEC.  It was ok when the group came together to support your team.

Now the tide has turned and because of some seriously stupid stuff off the field, that has changed.  Now its a conspiracy against FSU.  LOL

I'm also not sure why the SEC officiating article was linked in this thread.  It has nothing to do with this.  Your blind allegiance to FSU is clouding all of your judgements.

Side not...where's JT Money?

Charges just got dropped. A lot like the Harris case.
;

Quote:7 months ago fans all across the US were rooting for FSU to beat the big bad SEC. It was ok when the group came together to support your team.

Now the tide has turned and because of some seriously stupid stuff off the field, that has changed. Now its a conspiracy against FSU. LOL

I'm also not sure why the SEC officiating article was linked in this thread. It has nothing to do with this. Your blind allegiance to FSU is clouding all of your judgements.

He received a brief time out.
;

Quote:Charges just got dropped. A lot like the Harris case.

What charges? There never were any charges.

Quote:7 months ago fans all across the US were rooting for FSU to beat the big bad SEC.  It was ok when the group came together to support your team.

Now the tide has turned and because of some seriously stupid stuff off the field, that has changed.  Now its a conspiracy against FSU.  LOL

I'm also not sure why the SEC officiating article was linked in this thread.  It has nothing to do with this.  Your blind allegiance to FSU is clouding all of your judgements.

The agenda talk isn't about the fans that hate FSU. It's about the horrible journalism shown towards FSU and Jameis Winston in the last year. All these big time news outlets, whether it was the New York Times, ESPN, Fox Sports, etc. all LEAVE OUT very important details of the case. All these reports have been very one sided towards this so called "victim," and they have never looked at it from Jameis Winston's side. Why? Because saying something positive about Jameis isn't going to generate hits on their website nor will it generate talk. Why do they never look at both sides?

Then you have ESPN grasping at anything they can, like the BB gun incident, the Burger King incident, and now this autograph thing. Unless their is proof, whether it's video evidence, photos, word of mouth, etc., that he took money, why is this even being reported? It isn't against NCAA rules to sign autographs. There was a report that came out a week and a half ago saying that ESPN has as many as 47 employees covering Jameis Winston.

It's like they all sit around and surf the web, waiting for the next slightly negative news they can jump on. 

Cash works.

Quote:The agenda talk isn't about the fans that hate FSU. It's about the horrible journalism shown towards FSU and Jameis Winston in the last year. All these big time news outlets, whether it was the New York Times, ESPN, Fox Sports, etc. all LEAVE OUT very important details of the case. All these reports have been very one sided towards this so called "victim," and they have never looked at it from Jameis Winston's side. Why? Because saying something positive about Jameis isn't going to generate hits on their website nor will it generate talk. Why do they never look at both sides?

Then you have ESPN grasping at anything they can, like the BB gun incident, the Burger King incident, and now this autograph thing. Unless their is proof, whether it's video evidence, photos, word of mouth, etc., that he took money, why is this even being reported? It isn't against NCAA rules to sign autographs. There was a report that came out a week and a half ago saying that ESPN has as many as 47 employees covering Jameis Winston.

It's like they all sit around and surf the web, waiting for the next slightly negative news they can jump on. 

Regarding the second paragraph, how is that grasping?  They are all very easy stories and any person with any common sense knows they are true.

I've read those stories on ESPN, NY Times, etc....and the only reason you think they are bias is because you are an FSU fan.  I get that they didn't put some information for Jameis in the article, but who knows if they couldn't validate it...they can only write what they know. Why hasn't there been a credible story defending Jameis Winston?  Certainly there's an FSU grad with a journalism degree that could put something credible together.  I haven't seen it.

You are being paranoid. 

Now this.  http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nca.../18053981/

USA Today and other credible news outlets aren't just out there digging up dirt....this is legit crime.