Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
2015 NFL Draft: Analyzing Targets

Quote:I really like La'el Collins at LG.  He's probably my #1 choice in a trade down to the mid to late 1st.

Quote:No, I just guess on all my analysis.

Based on your Prewiit take and wanted Collins in a zone blocking scheme I can see the bolded is indeed true.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Based on your Prewiit take and wanted Collins in a zone blocking scheme I can see the bolded is indeed true.

I see.  Next time I'll just parrot the popular sentiment.  Funny thing about popular opinion - it changes.

I'll agree that Collins is a better fit in a power scheme, but he's the best lineman in the draft in my opinion.  For a late first, I think he's a steal.  The thing I like best about him, and it has nothing to do with zone/power run schemes, is his pass blocking.  He doesn't lose ground in pass pro and you don't have the issue that the Jags currently have with a shrinking pocket.

Quote:The players on my list (once again, open to suggestions)

TE: Devin Funchess MICH (vs Notre Dame jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/topic7898-2015-nfl-draft-analyzing-devin-funchess-vs-notre-dame/ ), Nick O'Leary FSU, Jeff Heureman OSU

DE - LEO: Shillique Calhoun MSU, Dante Fowler Jr FL, Randy Gregory NEB, Shane Ray MIZZ

DE - 5T : Leonard Williams USC , Shawn Oakman BAYLOR, Michael Bennent OSU

OLB: Vic Beasley CLEM (jungle.jaguars.com/index?/topic7920-2015-nfl-draft-analyzing-vic-beasely/ ), Hau'oli Kikaha WASH, Shaq Thompson WASH

ILB: Denzel Perryman MIA

FS: Landon Collins BAMA, Cody Prewitt Ole Miss, Kurtis Drummond MSU

Would take any of the bolded in the 1st and be happy granted some would be better mid-later than top 5.

Assuming we pick in top 5:

1 - Leonard Williams - USC - DT - Most ready impact DLman in this draft

2 - Shawn Oakman - Baylor - DE -That frame and Potential

3 - Randy Gregory - Nebraska - DE - Leo Potential very high as well

4 - Cedric Ogbuehi - TAMU - OL - Best OL in the draft

5 - Brandon Scherff - Iowa - OL - Versatility...can play RT and any of the 3 interior OL positions.  I think a better version of Zach Martin.

Quote:I see.  Next time I'll just parrot the popular sentiment.  Funny thing about popular opinion - it changes.

I'll agree that Collins is a better fit in a power scheme, but he's the best lineman in the draft in my opinion.  For a late first, I think he's a steal.  The thing I like best about him, and it has nothing to do with zone/power run schemes, is his pass blocking.  He doesn't lose ground in pass pro and you don't have the issue that the Jags currently have with a shrinking pocket.

Prewitt was going to be a LBer entering his Soph year before depth forced him into the roaming near the line SS hybrid role.  Prewitt doesn't possess the elite speed//range he makes up for it with his ability to read plays and instincts.  To say that shedding//instincts are his knocks are pretty big whiffs.  In my opinion the one thing I don't like is that he doesn't really finish guys off when his teammates have a guy wrapped up...he just kinda gets to the pile and watches.

As far as Collins pass blocking is great but our scheme requires a lot of movement from the OL especially the Guards yet we want to put probably the least athletic of the 1st round rated OL in that position?  Much like I have said with Prewitt...Collins is a good player but his value is diminished by our scheme like Prewiit's is diminished by us having Cyprien (The position Prewiit would play).

As for some 2nd round Prospects that could be targets:

RBs: (position continues to be devalued)

Todd Gurley - Georgia

Melvin Gordon - Wisconsin

Ameer Abdullah - Nebraska

T.J. Yeldon - Alabama

WRs:

Dorial Green-Beckham - Oklahoma//Mizzou

Kevin White - West Virginia

D'qhuille Williams - Auburn

TEs:

Nick O'leary - FSU

OL:

AJ Cann - USCe

Hronnis Grasu - Oregon

DL:

Alvin Dupree - Kentucky

Carl Davis - Iowa

Devonte Fields - TCU

LBs:

Denzel Perryman - Miami

Benardrick McKinney - MSstate

Secondary:

Trae Waynes - Michigan State

(This post was last modified: 10-22-2014, 05:40 AM by Kodiak.)

Just added Denzel Perryman's evaluation, I was really impressed by him. I put the link up in the second post (although my links are having trouble due to my internet connection).

Also, I don't know if it's pretentious to ask someone to sticky this thread, but I would really appreciate it if it were to happen. Just saying. Tongue

EDIT: And yes, cricket is the game here... Although kabardi seems like a ton of fun.

"Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other." Galatians 5:26

2015 NFL Draft - Analyzing Targets www.jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/topic/7892-2015-nfl-draft-analyzing-targets/

Quote:Devonte Fields - TCU

He actually doesn't play for TCU anymore. He now plays for Trinity Valley Community College. He was removed due to him striking a female.

Analyzing Targets:

Jax Beach/PVB Marsh Landing area:  Good Target w/ Chick Fil A next to it.

Beach Blvd -- Very nice Target -- a little crowded intersection.

San Jose -- Decent - lacks restaurants within shopping center.

:::crickets:::

Kodiak, you do a great job with these reports.

I like Randy Gregory a lot. I think he is our LEO of the future. Just needs to put on a bit more weight.

Could you do one of Javorius "Buck" Allen from USC, hes a RB that if comes out could slide down to the 3rd maybe 4th round. Excellent receiver, already has 25+ catches and 270 yards.

Quote:As for some 2nd round Prospects that could be targets:

WRs:

Dorial Green-Beckham - Oklahoma//Mizzou

Kevin White - West Virginia

D'qhuille Williams - Auburn

If you don't believe Justin Blackmon will ever play here again, this is the perfect replacement. While I'd love him on the Jags, personally I'm selfish and want him back at Auburn next year. Barring injury Duke should put up at least 1,500 yards receiving with Jeremy Johnson at quarterback next year. The only reason he wouldn't go in the first this year is that he only has one year of experience and a converted DB throwing him the ball.

Just made a report on Dante Fowler Jr., check it out.

2015 NFL Draft - Analyzing Targets www.jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/topic/7892-2015-nfl-draft-analyzing-targets/

Quote:Analyzing Targets:

Jax Beach/PVB Marsh Landing area:  Good Target w/ Chick Fil A next to it.

Beach Blvd -- Very nice Target -- a little crowded intersection.

San Jose -- Decent - lacks restaurants within shopping center.

This is just proof that I will laugh at anything. 

Very interested in opinions on Prewitt.  Good work, Kodiak.  How's India?

Quote:Very interested in opinions on Prewitt.  Good work, Kodiak.  How's India?
Although his is nursing a rib/shoulder injury he got burned badly playing that single-high center fielder role against Auburn.

I still stand by the opinion that he is best suited as a in the box safety that allows him to roam near the line//robber coverage guy rather than the center fielder.

Just made a report on Randy Gregory, who has secured the highest grade I've yet given out. Check it out!

Thanks for these updates. I like reading them
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote: 

I still stand by the opinion that he is best suited as a in the box safety that allows him to roam near the line//robber coverage guy rather than the center fielder.

I wouldn't claim to have watched him enough to know which is is or isn't better suited for  -  but Rob Rang is usually pretty good and he seems to think Prewitt has a good foundation for the "center-field" role. 

Quote:Prewitt generally is asked to play two-deep or the single high free safety role, rarely dropping down close to the line of scrimmage to cover slot receivers. From this center-field vantage point, Prewitt shows good understanding of route concepts, anticipating where the ball is going and getting a jump on it. He has good hands for the interception and times his leap to take the ball at its highest point.

Rang - cbssports.com  ^