Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Williams vs. Collins vs. Gurley vs. White vs. Cooper

Quote:These are the players who I've narrowed down Caldwell is most likely to target. Which would you take? Williams would be a beast in our defense and take already top 5-10 D-Line to transcendance.  Collins would give us a hard hitting free safety who is just as good in coverage and officially solidify our secondary. White and Cooper are 1a and 1b receivers this year and both look like top flight WR1 receivers in the NFL. And Gurley would solidify our running game. The interesting thing is all of these are luxury picks other than Gurley, but it might make more sense to trade back into the mid-20s in the first round for Melvin Gordon than taking Gurley in the top 10. So we're in a really interesting position in the draft this year.

I think the chances of David Caldwell taking an offensive player in the first round are miniscule, this draft will be dedicated to finding cornerstones on the defensive side of the ball, specifically a franchise pass rusher, MLB, and FS.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Collins is a run stopper type safety that plays for Alabama. Get away from the hype it will sting you.

Your bias is showing.

Leonard Williams is the dream pick. Gregory isn't far behind Williams, and Collins would be great too if we wind up picking near the back end of the top 10. I would be extremely angry if Gurley is our first round pick, but I am certain Dave isn't that stupid. 

Quote:Why are people so adamant about taking WR or RB so early in the draft?
I'd be OK with taking a WR if he was truly an elite prospect, and there's no pass rushers or DBs worth taking. Other than that, I can't see it happening.

(This post was last modified: 10-24-2014, 08:52 AM by hailtoyourvictor.)

Trade back with a team wanting Winston or Mariota.

Draft Devin Funchess and he can become the Jaguars version of Jimmy Graham. Use the extra pick(s) to shore up the defense or line.

I think Williams would be the best pick.  He'd help our pass rush, and I think we can get a good FS in the second.  We need youth on Defense, and experience on offense.  I think we'll see this year go heavier on offense in FA, with the draft focusing more on defense.  

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Trade back around 10 for another 2nd. 

1. Shaq Thompson, OLB

2. Denzel Perryman, MLB

2. Derron Smith or Cody Prewitt  FS

Derron Smith is a fast ballhawk safety who could upgrade the safety spot from day 1.

I expect Williams or Gregory without a traceback currently. With a trade back maybe McKinney or someone for the offense. Then a free safety in the second. I would prefer Derron Smith or Kurtis Drummond, but Prewitt would be OK.

I also expect a Tight End to be drafted if we don't sign one in free agency.

Available TEs in Free Agency:

Jermaine Gresham

Julius Thomas

Jordan Cameron

Charles Clay

Virgil Green

Larry Donnell

I'd be surprised if either of the top talked about Safety on here (Collins//Prewitt) run a sub 4.5.  I think both will be closer to 4.6 than 4.5.

Williams//Oakman//Gregory would be my suggestions based on what you prefer in Versitle DT/DE in this D///Sick raw frame and potential///Most polished Leo.

Quote:Trade back with a team wanting Winston or Mariota.Draft Devin Funchess and he can become the Jaguars version of Jimmy Graham. Use the extra pick(s) to shore up the defense or line.

So can we get Devin Gardner undrafted or will we have to spin a seventh?
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

I don't see the Williams love.  He seems slow off the snap and more of a space eater than someone like Marks.  We also have pretty darn good interior d-lineman.

I'd rather go after Gregory.  More pass-rushers is a good thing and Clemons isn't exactly young.

Quote:I don't see the Williams love.  He seems slow off the snap and more of a space eater than someone like Marks.  We also have pretty darn good interior d-lineman.

I'd rather go after Gregory.  More pass-rushers is a good thing and Clemons isn't exactly young.
Im not as high on Williams as alot of the people either.  We need a speed pass rusher from the edge.  Marks and Davis are our 2 best pass rushers and usually coming from the interior.  I really hope we can trade back and get a guy like Landon Collins or Shaq Thompson.

Quote:I don't see the Williams love.  He seems slow off the snap and more of a space eater than someone like Marks.  We also have pretty darn good interior d-lineman.

Much more than a space eater, 8 sacks last year, already 5 this year.

Even though that's the strength of this team, there's not much youth on the line. Red Bryant might only have 2 years or so left in the tank and Alualu is going to be a FA. Also seems like Caldwell wants us to be deep at that position.

Gregory would make more sense if they were graded very closely but IMO it's not that close.

Quote:Im not as high on Williams as alot of the people either.  We need a speed pass rusher from the edge.  Marks and Davis are our 2 best pass rushers and usually coming from the interior.  I really hope we can trade back and get a guy like Landon Collins or Shaq Thompson.
Trading back getting a nice deal and then getting Shaq would be an awesome scenario.

Quote:Much more than a space eater, 8 sacks last year, already 5 this year.

Even though that's the strength of this team, there's not much youth on the line. Red Bryant might only have 2 years or so left in the tank and Alualu is going to be a FA. Also seems like Caldwell wants us to be deep at that position.

Gregory would make more sense if they were graded very closely but IMO it's not that close.
I see the way he gets off the ball and I don't know how well it translates to the NFL where lineman are bigger and faster.  I definitely could be wrong but from what I've seen, and especially considering our strength on the interior, I would pass on him.

Quote: considering our strength on the interior, I would pass on him.
IMO, this would be the wrong reason to pass on him, it's probably only going to be a strength for another 2 years at best if we don't address it and making that group even stronger helps the entire defense.

Don't get me wrong, I'd much rather trade back or get an explosive pass rusher with that first pick, but I'd be absolutely fine with Williams if he's the best player on DC's board

Quote:IMO, this would be the wrong reason to pass on him, it's probably only going to be a strength for another 2 years at best if we don't address it and making that group even stronger helps the entire defense.

Don't get me wrong, I'd much rather trade back or get an explosive pass rusher with that first pick, but I'd be absolutely fine with Williams if he's the best player on DC's board
To be fair that is a bit out of context.  That was a secondary reason to pass on him.  If I thought he was a top 3 prospect then I wouldn't mind grabbing him there if he's far and away the best player.

Quote:To be fair that is a bit out of context.  That was a secondary reason to pass on him.  If I thought he was a top 3 prospect then I wouldn't mind grabbing him there if he's far and away the best player.
Same here