Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Williams vs. Collins vs. Gurley vs. White vs. Cooper

These are the players who I've narrowed down Caldwell is most likely to target. Which would you take? Williams would be a beast in our defense and take already top 5-10 D-Line to transcendance.  Collins would give us a hard hitting free safety who is just as good in coverage and officially solidify our secondary. White and Cooper are 1a and 1b receivers this year and both look like top flight WR1 receivers in the NFL. And Gurley would solidify our running game. The interesting thing is all of these are luxury picks other than Gurley, but it might make more sense to trade back into the mid-20s in the first round for Melvin Gordon than taking Gurley in the top 10. So we're in a really interesting position in the draft this year.

"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Landon Collins is a luxury pick?

Ok so I think if any of those are luxury picks it's Gurley.

"Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other." Galatians 5:26

2015 NFL Draft - Analyzing Targets www.jungle.jaguars.com/index.php?/topic/7892-2015-nfl-draft-analyzing-targets/

White, Cooper, and Williams are luxury picks.

I'd love Gurley, but the offense has more problems than just a running back and there are some that can be found in rounds 2 and 3 if you really want one.

I think Landon Collins is heavily overrated.  If you're going to be a top 5 FS in the draft, you better have elite speed and Collins doesn't.  He's probably a 4.5 guy.  I'm not sure he's very much of an upgrade over Evans.  I'm not particularly impressed with any of the free safeties in this year's class.

Quote:White, Cooper, and Williams are luxury picks.

I'd love Gurley, but the offense has more problems than just a running back and there are some that can be found in rounds 2 and 3 if you really want one.

I think Landon Collins is heavily overrated.  If you're going to be a top 5 FS in the draft, you better have elite speed and Collins doesn't.  He's probably a 4.5 guy.  I'm not sure he's very much of an upgrade over Evans.  I'm not particularly impressed with any of the free safeties in this year's class.
Collins does have elite speed for a safety and you dont think he would be much of an upgrade over Evans? lol   and im a Gator fan

(This post was last modified: 10-20-2014, 11:00 AM by FreeAgent01.)

Quote:Collins does have elite speed for a safety and you dont think he would be much of an upgrade over Evans? lol   and im a Gator fan

I'll bet almost any wager that he doesn't run a 4.3.

I didn't like Clinton-Dix either, but I thought Haha was a better prospect... Which is probably why he started over him (at free safety).

Quote:I'll bet almost any wager that he doesn't run a 4.3.

I didn't like Clinton-Dix either, but I thought Haha was a better prospect... Which is probably why he started over him (at free safety).

What safeties run a 4.3? I didnt like Clinton Dix either

Quote:These are the players who I've narrowed down Caldwell is most likely to target. Which would you take? Williams would be a beast in our defense and take already top 5-10 D-Line to transcendance. Collins would give us a hard hitting free safety who is just as good in coverage and officially solidify our secondary. White and Cooper are 1a and 1b receivers this year and both look like top flight WR1 receivers in the NFL. And Gurley would solidify our running game. The interesting thing is all of these are luxury picks other than Gurley, but it might make more sense to trade back into the mid-20s in the first round for Melvin Gordon than taking Gurley in the top 10. So we're in a really interesting position in the draft this year.
I would love to be able to trade back in the teens or 20 but I would hope Dave wouldnt take Melvin Gordon over Shaq Thompson or McKinney

Why are people so adamant about taking WR or RB so early in the draft?

(This post was last modified: 10-20-2014, 11:25 AM by roycee.)

Quote:I'll bet almost any wager that he doesn't run a 4.3.

Earl Thomas a guy who's viewed as the center fielder type of FS every team would like....didn't even run a 4.3

Quote:What safeties run a 4.3? I didnt like Clinton Dix either

Earl Thomas, Eric Berry, Reggie Nelson, Devin McCourty, Laron Landry, and Michael Huff.  I'm sure there's plenty more.

Going back 10 years, the only free safeties drafted in the top 10 are Eric Berry, Laron Landry, and Michael Huff.  One thing they all had in common?  They all ran 4.3s and had elite range.  

The only free safety who I can ever think of in somewhat recent memory who didn't run a 4.3 or 4.4 and was drafted highly was Sean Taylor.  Unless you think a player is Sean Taylor 2.0, you don't draft him in the top 10 without running a 4.3 or 4.4.

Quote:Earl Thomas a guy who's viewed as the center fielder type of FS every team would like....didn't even run a 4.3

Earl Thomas wasn't drafted in the top 10.  He was 14th.  And he ran a 4.43 and a 4.37.

Quote:Earl Thomas wasn't drafted in the top 10. He was 14th. And he ran a 4.43 and a 4.37.

I'm going by official combine time and that was in the 4.4s

Quote:Earl Thomas, Eric Berry, Reggie Nelson, Devin McCourty, Laron Landry, and Michael Huff. I'm sure there's plenty more.

Going back 10 years, the only free safeties drafted in the top 10 are Eric Berry, Laron Landry, and Michael Huff. One thing they all had in common? They all ran 4.3s and had elite range.

The only free safety who I can ever think of in somewhat recent memory who didn't run a 4.3 or 4.4 and was drafted highly was Sean Taylor. Unless you think a player is Sean Taylor 2.0, you don't draft him in the top 10 without running a 4.3 or 4.4.
He isnt Sean Taylor level prospect but that is once in a decade prospect. I do think Collins is the best safety prospect since Eric Berry and I think he has the potential to be one of the better FS in the league. If I fill that way I would take him in the top 10. The FS position in our defense is more crucial than most defenses

Quote:I'm going by official combine time and that was in the 4.4s

It was a 4.43 which is still very fast.  He wasn't even drafted at the top of the draft like people are suggesting we do with Collins... And there certainly have never been questions about Earl Thomas' range or speed.

Collins has a legit concern with speed.  He's likely to run somewherere in the 4.5s.  He doesn't have elite free safety range and therefore should not be drafted in front of other elite players at other positions.  He's a strong safety with about the same range as Cyprien.  You would be, in essence, drafting Cyprien to play free safety.

Quote:It was a 4.43 which is still very fast. He wasn't even drafted at the top of the draft like people are suggesting we do with Collins... And there certainly have never been questions about Earl Thomas' range or speed.

Collins has a legit concern with speed. He's likely to run somewherere in the 4.5s. He doesn't have elite free safety range and therefore should not be drafted in front of other elite players at other positions. He's a strong safety with about the same range as Cyprien. You would be, in essence, drafting Cyprien to play free safety.
I dont know what makes you think Collins is so slow

Quote:He isnt Sean Taylor level prospect but that is once in a decade prospect. I do think Collins is the best safety prospect since Eric Berry and I think he has the potential to be one of the better FS in the league. If I fill that way I would take him in the top 10. The FS position in our defense is more crucial than most defenses

There aren't exactly a lot of good free safeties that have been drafted since that draft.

Quote:I dont know what makes you think Collins is so slow

By watching him play.  By watching him get beat or arrive too late on some plays.  He's a strong safety playing free safety because they have no better options than him at Alabama.

Ok let me say this for a millionth time, barring a permanent suspension to Blackmon, shorts walking and career ending injuries to lee and robinson we will not draft a wide receiver.

Of the above mentioned I agree I wouldn't take Collins top 5 but would like a trade down to like 11/12 and take Collins. Could also pick up an extra third.

Something nice would be picking like 5th and trading with the browns for them to take Cooper and we take both their firsts.

Quote:Ok let me say this for a millionth time, barring a permanent suspension to Blackmon, shorts walking and career ending injuries to lee and robinson we will not draft a wide receiver.

Of the above mentioned I agree I wouldn't take Collins top 5 but would like a trade down to like 11/12 and take Collins. Could also pick up an extra third.

Something nice would be picking like 5th and trading with the browns for them to take Cooper and we take both their firsts.

Would be a nice haul to get for Cooper and probably a real possibility. 

I definitely wouldn't want Collins top 5, but I could swallow better if it were a trade down to 11 or 12 and we land an extra pick or two - even though, I still wouldn't take him there.  If we had a need a strong safety, sure, but, to me, he's a 2nd day talent at free safety.