Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
You're the GM where are our holes?

Quote:This ^^^

Checkdown Charlie had the best game of his career yesterday, by far. 

Thats embarrassing. 

The week before against Cleveland, he had 40 less yards but a high comp %, 2 TD's (he had zero yesterday) and a QB rating of 123.9 (he had an 87.4 yesterday).

So saying that is "the best game of his career yesterday, by far" is completely wrong.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:The week before against Cleveland, he had 40 less yards but a high comp %, 2 TD's (he had zero yesterday) and a QB rating of 123.9 (he had an 87.4 yesterday).

So saying that is "the best game of his career yesterday, by far" is completely wrong.

Whatever you gotta say to push the agenda man.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Draft: FS, LB's, CB, RB, DL

FA list:

- LB KJ Wright ( #1 on my list )

- TE Julius Thomas

- TE Jordan Cameron

- TE Jermaine Gresham    

- TE Charles Clay               ( any of these TE's would be nice )

- LG Mike Lupati

- C Robert Garza           

- DE Greg Hardy ( might be able to get for a little cheaper now )

- DE Cliff Avril

- DE Cory Redding

- DT BJ Raji

- DT Suh

- DT Nick Fairley

- DT Gerald McCoy

- OLB Justin Houston

- OLB Jason Worlids

- OLB Brian Orakpo

- CB Tramon Williams

- CB Chris Harris

- CB Walter Thurmond

- CB Ike Taylor

- CB Byron Maxwell

- S Devin McCourty

- S Loius Delmas

Our holes, well lets see. Our offensive line sure isnt making any to run through but are making huge holes for defenders to run through. :teehee:

immediately would say OL, but we could see much improvement in the next 10 games, starters at LT, RG, and C are still very young.

FS and pass rusher are the top 2 concerns IMO, LB and TE right behind that. But like someone posted earlier, besides QB and SS, there isn't a position that can't be upgraded....although I can't see them spending good money in FA or drafting a WR high.

Quote: 

- OLB Justin Houston

(drools)

(This post was last modified: 10-14-2014, 12:31 PM by AllHailFreddy28.)

If I'm the GM, I'm thinking to myself, "Why did I let Darryl Smith go? I probably should have kept Terrance Knighton. Boy, Brandon Marshall sure could help right about now. Maybe I should have taken some more of that extra salary cap we have and spent it on O-Line. Why did I sign Toby Gerhart? Well, at least I have a good set of WR's and a good QB."

FS, OLB, TE

Depth for the oline, but the staring 5 may surprise us by years end.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:Draft: FS, LB's, CB, RB, DL

FA list:

- LB KJ Wright ( #1 on my list )

- TE Julius Thomas

- TE Jordan Cameron

- TE Jermaine Gresham    

- TE Charles Clay               ( any of these TE's would be nice )

- LG Mike Lupati

- C Robert Garza           

- DE Greg Hardy ( might be able to get for a little cheaper now )

- DE Cliff Avril

- DE Cory Redding

- DT BJ Raji

- DT Suh

- DT Nick Fairley

- DT Gerald McCoy

- OLB Justin Houston

- OLB Jason Worlids

- OLB Brian Orakpo

- CB Tramon Williams

- CB Chris Harris

- CB Walter Thurmond

- CB Ike Taylor

- CB Byron Maxwell

- S Devin McCourty

- S Loius Delmas
A ton of those guys will be resigned. I like where your head's at though.

FS - There are guys in the next draft with some real speed and range.

LB - I'd upgrade all 3 positions if possible. Now Telvin Smith is a freak, so I hope he steps up.

C - Bowanko is really athletic but desperately needs to get stronger. If he does he'll be really good. If not we need someone else.

Quote:A ton of those guys will be resigned. I like where your head's at though.

Yeah I figured so, but I figured these are all guys that would be big upgrades and that we should go hard after in the offseason.

The holes?

In our heads for buying into Gus reiterating the " process" and the " improvements and getting better every game "

0-6 for two straight years? The sinkhole may be on coaching staff and maybe even Caldwell.

These guys, as in yesterday's game, can't get out of their own way.

There have been big plays against our " Improved" D for six straight games. The middle is open every time.

Someone isn't following the " do your job" mantra. Or following his own advice.

Going 0-8 like last year is totally inexcusable.
Blakes Life Matters

Quote:We all know this team needs more talent to compete for the playoffs. What positions do you think are the most important for us to fill this off season? You play the GM try to fill those positions use the draft or FA. 

If you feel we need a new coaching staff who would you want?

I don't know which players will be available via FA/Draft. I also am not able to look at game tape and tell which position failed. So with my limited knowledge:

I think we need LB, CB, C, & T. We may not need CB as much if Aaron Colvin is as good as he was being bragged up during the draft. 

As for the coach, I do not think we should change the OC or HC. I would change the DC tho. Keep Jedd in place to give Blake consistency, if we let Jedd go this year and bring in someone new next year and we flop again then we will probably be getting a new HC...which would mean a new OC. That would be 3 OC's in 3 years...I think it's best to let Gus and Jedd have this year & next..if they flop let them both go. 
If I'm the GM today, I look to pick up one of the perceived "washed up" veterans in free agency right now. The Jaguars are starting players that do not even belong on NFL rosters.

That's really the only thing I'd do for this season. There isn't much else you can do at this point.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

I think that LB is our far biggest need and then OL. Honestly, we should resign Greg Jones right now.

If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

Lb, FS, OL, TE, JB Smile

Quote:I think that LB is our far biggest need and then OL. Honestly, we should resign Greg Jones right now.

lol,  Greg Jones

Quote:lol,  Greg Jones

I bet we have better running lanes. Are you telling me that another vet on this team wouldnt help?

If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

LT, LG, C, RG, RT, RB, FB, TE

DE, DT, LB, LB, LB, CB, FS, SS