Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Who is the booth guy?!?

Quote:I think the receivers were upgraded, it's just Gene's scrub thats the weak link. 

We love to say that but who's Gene's scrubs. They where all cut last year, this is all Caldwells team. 

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Honestly, I dont see how he was that bad. I thought that the Tenn RB fumbled the ball too. Still think that was a bad call by the refs among others. The sack/incomplete pass was a bang bang play. I think that the focus or blame should be on Jedd Fisch. He called a horrible 3rd and 4th quarter. He refused to go up the field. 

If ya'll keep blaming everybody, there wont be anybody on teh field. Some dummy even blamed Bortles last week.

If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

Quote:2 rookie starters on the o-line, two with less than a full season of experience, over half the WR's are rookies, D. Rob in only his 2nd year after a major position change.  Starting more rookies on the offense than any other team in history.  

I can't come up with excuses about the defense - that's simply unacceptable.  

The defense is where I find the majority of my frustration. We went and spent big on the Free Agents, Drafted HEAVY on defense in year one and it's worse then ever!

The defense gave up 16 points ...

Quote:Me thinks Caldwell has been more of a failure in free agency than the actual draft. It took big cojones to take Bortles #3.

I agree with these.

Eugene Monroe is a beast up in Baltimore.   That's ok though because I really like our 6th round draft pick.

Quote:2 rookie starters on the o-line, two with less than a full season of experience, over half the WR's are rookies, D. Rob in only his 2nd year after a major position change.  Starting more rookies on the offense than any other team in history.  

I can't come up with excuses about the defense - that's simply unacceptable.  

16 points is unacceptable? I'd take that every week in a heartbeat.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:The defense gave up 16 points ...

and 233 yards To Charlie Whitehurst. 

Quote:We love to say that but who's Gene's scrubs. They where all cut last year, this is all Caldwells team. 

Shorts, overrated as [BLEEP] by this board.  I truly think that position is better than it was when they came in...is that saying a lot?  Not really, but I think they are a group of guys with potential, as opposed to a group of guys.  The other positions are trash though. 

"This one stings"

"This one stings"

"This one stings"

"This one stings"

"This one stings"

[Image: 2e30ris.gif]

[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:16 points is unacceptable? I'd take that every week in a heartbeat.

We won't hold Hoyer and the Browns to 16 points. That was the tacks back up QB in there.

I feel like we got better. We didnt win which hurts no doubt. But we have been getting sacks and we have stopped teams from scoring touchdowns. We are not getting blow out like we had before. Who knows tho, 6 games in and without a win looks bad for sure.

(This post was last modified: 10-12-2014, 04:33 PM by Scarecrow.)

Quote:and 233 yards To Charlie Whitehurst. 

Which was a career high for him according to the announcers today.

At a minimum Fisch and Babich need to go and I'm not sure Gus shouldn't be right behind them.  He chose two poor coordinators to start his coaching career with and it will likely be the death of him here if he doesn't fix it.

I actually think this years draft picks look good, ARob and Bortles especially. Linder and Bowenko look alright aswell. Beadles has been a real disappointment. Defensively the scheme doesnt seem to suit the players we have (plus some of the secondary is horrible). Leaving TE's open constantly is inexcusable. imagine Graham or Gronk against us...

Only ever rushing 4 makes us easy to scheme against. The tackling is actually laughable though.

Offensively theres alot of drops by the receivers and too many turnovers

Coaching is extremely questionable, especially in game coaching and playcalling. The offensive playcalling is utterly shocking. calling screens 75% of the time is rediculous, and doesnt play to any of Bortles strengths

Quote:16 points is unacceptable? I'd take that every week in a heartbeat.

Don't think we're going to be holding many teams to 16 points with how flaky that secondary was, just lucky Ponytail Jesus missed on a lot of easy throws. 

The Lee pick should have been an olineman

Are you seriously doubting the GM after 2 drafts? Do you know what Gene Smith did to this team? Smh. These fans tho.

If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

(This post was last modified: 10-12-2014, 04:34 PM by J-Mizzal.)

The D-Line is better too, but your right we are worst at every position but QB and DL and SS

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

I would hold off on blaming Caldwell.  He brought in Bortles, and once our receivers actually have some experience we'll see improvement there as well.  

On the other hand, it's time Gus was accountable as well.  He hasn't got this team playing their best.  Yes, we lack talent.  So does Tennessee.  We should be able to score more than 20 points.  The Shorts Fumble was by no means his fault.  But if he's not held accountable, then he wont' hold our coordinators accountable either.  Of course it's not up to us to hold him accountable.  But I think he should be held accountable at this point.  A loss to Tennessee is inexcusable. 

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:Me thinks Caldwell has been more of a failure in free agency than the actual draft. It took big cojones to take Bortles #3.

Really?

Joeckel looks like a bust

Cyprian is legit a good 2nd round pick

Gratz has already been demoted and we're hoping he can salvage the pick by playing a smaller role at nickle

Sanders and Robinson get tons of hype and little production

Evans, Harris and McCray are all role players but that's expected for late round picks. 

It's to early to tell about this years class but Bortles appears to be a home run hit.