Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bortles the only thing holding us back

Quote:You aren't offering any solutions. There are no top 5 pick QBs in this draft so from where is this person even coming from?

This top 5 defensive stat that keeps getting thrown around these boards is pretty deceptive. It didn't give up a lot of yards (there are a lot of factors that go into that) but it simply did not force turnovers or make plays. 

Again, I will ask, what is the difference between Houston who won the division and Jax? Both offenses were anemic and headed by interception throwing QBs. If you think Jax is a top 5 defense, they are far far removed from Houston.

Hell, Bortles wasn't a top 5 pick but we took him. I'm just saying I feel like people are living in a fantasy world that somehow Bortles can be fixed. A guy who says he's not a natural thrower of the football, had more pick sixes than wins and can be salvaged. I'm not throwing out names but that's because I think you could upgrade from him fairly easily with any of these first round prospects. Yes, Watson, Trubisky and Kizer. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 01-10-2017, 04:45 AM by haveaseat.)

Quote:No he didn't. He was 6th in the NFL in INTs, behind OSWEILLER who is in the divisional round of the playoffs. Rivers tossed 21 to Bortles 16. 

Do you even keep up with the Jaguars or are you just here to troll?

I get it, BBINT is terrible, fine. Who would you draft in the top 5? I don't see anyone worth that pick.

By turnovers I was referring to the amount of pick sixes he's thrown since being in the league. 

ESPN Stats & Info 

<div><span></span>@ESPNStatsInfo
</div>

Blake Bortles' 11 Pick-Sixes are the most by a QB through their 1st 3 seasons in NFL history (via @EliasSports).

<div style="font-size:14px;color:rgb(105,120,130);">3:23 PM - 4 Dec 2016

</div>

Quote:Hell, Bortles wasn't a top 5 pick but we took him. I'm just saying I feel like people are living in a fantasy world that somehow Bortles can be fixed. A guy who says he's not a natural thrower of the football, had more pick sixes than wins and can be salvaged. I'm not throwing out names but that's because I think you could upgrade from him fairly easily with any of these first round prospects. Yes, Watson, Trubisky and Kizer. 
As rookies I don't think any of them are ready to go out of the box and they won't be better than Bortles. I just think you're falling for the same trap we keep falling into every few years. Our QB situation is bad and instead of building a team first and drafting a real franchise QB when one comes up, you get too eager and reach for anyone to replace who we have back there now. 

Not saying Bortles can be fixed but we have seen that bad QBs with stud defenses or game manager qbs with defense and running games can win divisions and playoff games. 

Can you imagine if we had Ngokue one side and Allen or Barnett on the other side, maybe move DFJ to OLB? I think our secondary is legit a top 5-7 unit. If we get our front 7 set, there is nothing preventing us from winning the division and drafting the RIGHT qb later on. 

Calling Deshawn Watson a future bust since 3/19/17. If I eat crow, I will keep this in here and proclaim JackCity a genius. 

Quote: 

By turnovers I was referring to the amount of pick sixes he's thrown since being in the league. 

ESPN Stats & Info 

<div style="color:rgb(28,32,34);font-family:Helvetica, Roboto, 'Segoe UI', Calibri, sans-serif;font-size:16px;"> 

<div>@ESPNStatsInfo
</div>

Blake Bortles' 11 Pick-Sixes are the most by a QB through their 1st 3 seasons in NFL history (via @EliasSports).

<div style="font-size:14px;color:rgb(105,120,130);">3:23 PM - 4 Dec 2016

</div>

</div>
You said turnovers, not pick sixes. Nice revision there. 

Calling Deshawn Watson a future bust since 3/19/17. If I eat crow, I will keep this in here and proclaim JackCity a genius. 

Quote:You said turnovers, not pick sixes. Nice revision there. 

Blake does them both at an alarming rate. Not hard to mix up, boss. 

You said he leads the league in turnovers then you post a stat that is not that. Just admit you goofed, boss. 

Quote:Blake does them both at an alarming rate. Not hard to mix up, boss. 
6 of his INTs this year were caused by the WRs. 3 by Arob, 2 by Lee and 1 by Hurns.

You need to get a grip and go outside for once, or something.

You idiots have been repeating yourselves for months now about Bortles.

Do you literally have nothing better to do then repeat the same stupid crap every other week?

Quote:You said he leads the league in turnovers then you post a stat that is not that. Just admit you goofed, boss. 
Can't do that, the agenda is too stronk. Just spin, repeat, spin, repeat, spin, repeat, spin, repeat and act like somebody cares... Which nobody does.

Quote:You said he leads the league in turnovers then you post a stat that is not that. Just admit you goofed, boss. 

Yes I goofed for saying turnover instead of pick six. Which consequentially result in turning the ball over. Big man. You win. 

Quote:Can't do that, the agenda is too stronk. Just spin, repeat, spin, repeat, spin, repeat, spin, repeat and act like somebody cares... Which nobody does.

Which nobody does yet here you are again.

Quote:Which nobody does yet here you are again.
Because I know how much you clowns hate an intelligent, logical and rational speaker getting in on these moronic threads.

You guys have literally zero knowledge of the game. You don't understand anything that relates to football and you blindly throw around idiot opinions like they're facts.

You are literally the classic case of a casual football fan, who doesn't know much of anything, but tries his hardest to act like he does.

Quote:Because I know how much you clowns hate an intelligent, logical and rational speaker getting in on these moronic threads.

You guys have literally zero knowledge of the game. You don't understand anything that relates to football and you blindly throw around idiot opinions like they're facts.

You are literally the classic case of a casual football fan, who doesn't know much of anything, but tries his hardest to act like he does.
lol this guy. 

Quote:lol this guy. 
Yea I may have got a little carried away with that post, but the main point is the same. This same thread has been done 10 times over. It's dumb and one sided depending on whos side you're on.

I'm all for a good argument on football, but do we really need to bring up a topic that has been beat to death and that will never go anywhere..

(This post was last modified: 01-10-2017, 07:29 AM by Caldrac.)

The biggest bummer was Watson's performance last night against Alabama. I was hoping he'd slip to the 2nd RD and have an off game for us to potentially steal. He does have a problem with turning it over a little bit. But he could have developed pretty well for a 2nd RD player.

After last night though I truly believe his stock just went through the roof and he won't make it past the Bears at the No. 3 overall slot if Cleveland and San Francisco don't want him first. It'll start an early run now at the QB position and guys like Trubisky, Kizer and Mahomes that should be day two picks or even day three picks could very well end up going in the middle of the 1st RD. 

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Quote:The biggest bummer was Watson's performance last night against Alabama. I was hoping he'd slip to the 2nd RD and have an off game for us to potentially steal. He does have a problem with turning it over a little bit. But he could have developed pretty well for a 2nd RD player.

After last night though I truly believe his stock just went through the roof and he won't make it past the Bears at the No. 3 overall slot if Cleveland and San Francisco don't want him first. It'll start an early run now at the QB position and guys like Trubisky, Kizer and Mahomes that should be day two picks or even day three picks could very well end up going in the middle of the 1st RD. 
I was wondering about this after the game.  We'll see how much last night helps his stock.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

I hope we bring in Jordan Palmer to be the QB coach.

After what I saw from Deshaun last night I'm leaning towards us picking him up in Rd. 1

Quote:That is a youth issue. Ngakoue, Fowler, Ramsey, Jack all playing for the first time. Gipson in a new system. Prince in a new system. It takes time to gel and being a top 5 defense is impressive considering.

What's the QB excuse? A rookie? Oh wait..
Tendonitis, separated shoulder, having his head bashed on like a snare drum without a single call from the zebras, or the ridiculous, zany ints like the two that bounced off of the foot of the receiver.

There are a lot of factors. Blake may be no good. Blake may turn out to be just fine as well.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

I think we need to go QB in round 2, targeting a guy like Mahomes or Watson. Develop them behind Bortles and possibly have them take over midseason. We need more pass rush in the first, and o line for the rest of the draft.

We will never be great with Bortles as our QB. He isn't consistent, isn't accurate, terrible mechanics, and is a huge crybaby on the field. Not a leader, not a winner. If Deshaun Watson is sitting there at 4, we would be dumb to pass him up.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!