Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Another lost season coming up

Quote:The reason Coughlin wasn't hired is bc he didn't want Bortles.

You can thank Caldwell for this..

Stupid theory. Coughlin has final say right now. So if he doesn't like Bortles he's not in any way shape or form married to him.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Time for me to take a break from this MB, see you guys/ladies in the summer

Quote:Stupid theory. Coughlin has final say right now. So if he doesn't like Bortles he's not in any way shape or form married to him.

I'm wondering if Tom Coughlin will be comfortable with the Jaguars picking up Blake Bortles'  5th year option?

Surprised at all the negativity.  Marrone's a good coach and he showed what he could do with just a couple of minor tweaks in the last couple of games.  Yeah, the Indy game was disappointing but they were tearing it up in the first half before the players let it get to their heads a little bit and they forgot to show up to finish the game.  This is a talented roster and with a little bit of work in the off-season can get to the playoffs.  I was personally hoping for Mike Smith but I'll take it.  Coughlin's just to old be on the sidelines and the hotshot coordinator is usually not the best choice.  Didn't we already learn our lesson from the last coordinator we hired?

I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

What I keep going back too was the fact DM couldn't advise Gus in football matters?

Now he is the HC.

If DM was the asst. HC/ O-line coach the last 2 years, shouldn't he had some feedback, say in the matters that caused Gus too get fired? Like changing the offense a certain way, what plays to run, making suggestions to help the offense get better???? 

I assume being more vocal on behalf of the team and not just being there in the coaches room looking at the offense falling apart. He was part of the sinking ship is what I'm trying to say and he did what exactly?

Again, now he is the HC.

LOVE THEM JAGUARS!

Quote:Stupid theory. Coughlin has final say right now. So if he doesn't like Bortles he's not in any way shape or form married to him.

Coughlin openly said Bortles isn't the guy. He might do what Elway did up in Denver and hand pick his own QB.

Quote:Coughlin openly said Bortles isn't the guy. He might do what Elway did up in Denver and hand pick his own QB.

Unless you have a link, this isn't true.  Jay Glazer claimed he's not a fan, but Coughlin has not "openly" said anything about him.

Quote:Just said in the other thread the best part of this hire is that if we have another lousy year, Marrone, Caldwell, and Bortles are all gone the following year.  Obviously those are arguably the 3 most important pieces of a franchise.  But the new GM and coach wont have to clean house.  We have a pretty solid roster.  And many of the complementary pieces needed to be a successful franchise.

The entire process seems like it wasnt done well.  Wouldnt they have thought Marrone could be the future head coach at some point earlier in the season than Week 16?  It was pretty apparent after that Titans game, Bradley was a goner no matter what.  Surprised they didnt give Marrone more time and to get a better understanding of how good a coach he can be.  And then there is this article... I wonder if his personality will change now that he is the head guy...

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/stor.../94432794/
(Emphasis added)

If the new GM and coach will not have to clean house because we have a pretty solid roster and many of the complementary pieces needed to be a successful franchise, why get rid of Caldwell?

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

I have to agree with the OP. 

Khan is a great business man, but isn't doing well with the football decisions. End of the day, its his word. Why was Bradley not fired during the critical part of the season when it could still be saved? Because Khan said he wouldnt change coaches midseason. Ok, fine. Week 15 after the Jags lose a game after leading big, Bradley gets the can. Knee jerk reaction. Marrone gets the call for 2 weeks. Goes 1-1. Ownership is "impressed" after he led the Jags 1-1 against two TERRIBLE teams. 

Would Marrone have gotten the job if Bradley was kept the entire season? I am going to go with no. Khan is as knee jerk as it gets. 

I think we've seen this movie before with mularkey, gabbert, and gene smith. I feel bad for the fans

Quote:Surprised at all the negativity.  Marrone's a good coach and he showed what he could do with just a couple of minor tweaks in the last couple of games.  Yeah, the Indy game was disappointing but they were tearing it up in the first half before the players let it get to their heads a little bit and they forgot to show up to finish the game.  This is a talented roster and with a little bit of work in the off-season can get to the playoffs.  I was personally hoping for Mike Smith but I'll take it.  Coughlin's just to old be on the sidelines and the hotshot coordinator is usually not the best choice.  Didn't we already learn our lesson from the last coordinator we hired?

I had a talk with a Falcons fan today. He said the reason Smith was fired in Atlanta is because the defense never improved. I still like the guy, though

Quote:I had a talk with a Falcons fan today. He said the reason Smith was fired in Atlanta is because the defense never improved. I still like the guy, though

How much of that was talented related though?    The Julio Jones trade up certainly has paid great dividends for the Falcons Offense.   Yet,  it came at a high cost for their Defense in terms of personnel resources.

Quote:Yup, Coughlin wants a protypical NFL smart, sound mechanics Manning type QB.

Maybe but if hes right and Bortles isn't the answer i suspect he will be picking our next GM, coach and qb in 2018
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:I really like both of them.

Then you really must like mediocrity.

Quote:(Emphasis added)

If the new GM and coach will not have to clean house because we have a pretty solid roster and many of the complementary pieces needed to be a successful franchise, why get rid of Caldwell?

Because FIRE EVERYBODY is a solid business strategy to lesser minds.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:Then you really must like mediocrity.

Meh im not enthusiastic about starting back at square one again. Let it play out if this season is like the last the blood letting you desire will happen and it'll be coughlin shaping the organization from top to bottom if it happens.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:Because FIRE EVERYBODY is a solid business strategy to lesser minds.
Hey man, it works on Madden. 

(This post was last modified: 01-10-2017, 08:56 AM by Jerrad.)

We needed to fire Gus, fire Caldwell, and cut Bortles this offseason if we wanted to be great again.

We only did 1 of the 3.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

Another losing season awaits. Sick

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana