Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Another lost season coming up

I'm seriously beginning to doubt Khan's viability as an owner. He doesn't seem to know what the hell he is doing. This entire process has screamed incompetence. Whether or not Marrone is a good coach or not, you wait until the last 2 games of the season to give the guy a shot when you should have just fired Bradley after the TNF game where it was clear this season was a wash. You then go through this whole elaborate process of even hiring a search firm just to hire the guy you should have put in charge weeks ago who was already in the building. On top of that, you keep the GM who had just as much to do with 15-49 as the HC you just fired and put the team in a situation where the GM is a lameduck and will be fired if serious progress is not made next year, which made the job less attractive, which I brought up in a thread months ago. With the Marrone hire, the chances of the staff being overhauled are extremely low, and we're stuck with this dumb defense that limits our playmakers and the players have already trashed. On top of that, Bortles will clearly be given free reign next year.

This hire is a sign of ultimate incompetence on Khan's part and is clear that Caldwell couldn't make the job attractive to other candidates. Even if Marrone is not a bad coach, I feel this entire situation is leading to yet another 12-14 loss season because the QB sucks, nothing will be changed around him to actually fix that, and the entire way this organization is being managed right now makes absolutely no sense. Good god, I thought Khan would be a good owner but he is proving to be incompetent in the other direction of most owners, which is TOO MUCH PATIENCE and not enough willingness to get rid of guys that should be. It's clear Khan doesn't understand football and is letting Caldwell sink this franchise. smh.

"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Lol, yup, Marrone will crack from the pressure and media scrutiny and quit week 10. He's soft as cotton.

Career .500 HC. He isn't impressive at all. We won't make the playoffs. He'll keep the staff intact. Cuzjaguars. 

Well the good news to most of you should be that Caldwell and Marrone are likely tied together, so if we fail like we did this year (we wont), then they'll both likely be canned. 

Im anticipating we keep Hackett which will be great for Blake. However, I think Wash goes. 

The reason Coughlin wasn't hired is bc he didn't want Bortles.

You can thank Caldwell for this..

Quote:The reason Coughlin wasn't hired is bc he didn't want Bortles.

You can thank Caldwell for this..
Yup, Coughlin wants a protypical NFL smart, sound mechanics Manning type QB.

This is an embarrassment. A total waste of time with hiring a search team. Waste of money.

We are gonna be stuck with Bortles and his windup another year.

Marrone will win more than 2 games. 

Saint Doug will save us

Eh. I don't see the tragedy. 

I hope Marrone takes the Jags to the playoffs just so I can watch the crow-feast that would take place around here.  

Marrone can get this offense on track if Blake just gets some semblance of consistency happening with his footwork and the O-line gets marginally better in run-blocking.  Neither are huge asks IMO. 

The defense will require some scheme and play calling consternation. I hope that Marrone makes some changes there or demands that Wash make them if he's retained. 

My personal expectations for the season is 8 wins. If Marrone doesn't win 8, he needs to be fired. This team absolutely should have hired Coughlin or Mike Smith, coaches who have proven that they can turn a talented team around quickly, while maintaining that success.

Coughlin should have been named Head Coach and GM, period.

Khan and Caldwell worst combo in football

Ah the first jumper thread.

Go ahead and jump man.

You will be missed.

By someone.

somewhere....

While I agree this hire leaves you feeling a lil ho hum about the whole thing..... You shouldn't get so worked up already.

[Image: giphy.gif]

How about oyu actually read what I said. this isn't about whether marrone is good or not, it's about how incompetent this organization looks.

"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

And the award for the best drama on a message board goes to...

[Image: zbs4z.jpg]

Apparently TC wasn't so down on 5.

Quote:Khan and Caldwell worst combo in football

I really like both of them.

Just said in the other thread the best part of this hire is that if we have another lousy year, Marrone, Caldwell, and Bortles are all gone the following year.  Obviously those are arguably the 3 most important pieces of a franchise.  But the new GM and coach wont have to clean house.  We have a pretty solid roster.  And many of the complementary pieces needed to be a successful franchise.

The entire process seems like it wasnt done well.  Wouldnt they have thought Marrone could be the future head coach at some point earlier in the season than Week 16?  It was pretty apparent after that Titans game, Bradley was a goner no matter what.  Surprised they didnt give Marrone more time and to get a better understanding of how good a coach he can be.  And then there is this article... I wonder if his personality will change now that he is the head guy...

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/stor.../94432794/

Quote:I really like both of them.

Well, see, that's because you have one of them working-type brains.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:Apparently TC wasn't so down on 5.
So Coughlin isn't so fond of Bortles but one of the reasons that they hired Marrone is because he still believes in Bortles? Huh?