Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Was it on Lewis or Henne

Henne made a terrible pass. It is on him. Lewis was wide open and Henne blew it.

It is funny hearing people say Lewis should have caught it.

;

;

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:You'd expect your overpaid tight end to catch that, but it was a terrible throw. Henne is to blame.

Definitely this ^, I don't think you can argue otherwise. How do you over throw someone wide open, let alone who is 6'6?
[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

Didn't see the play. 

This one is Henne's.

Both blew it to me, shaky play from the get-go.

Had they practiced it much?

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Both

Sung to "blame it on the alcohol"

Blame it on Henne 'cause you know he can't pass the ball

Blame it on the Henne, he can't get any teammates involved...
Making up

Evidence

Depending on

Information

Available

The man was wide open. All he had to do is lob the ball over one defender and it's an easy catch. But even if it was completed do you think they were going down the field for a td? The point is moot.

All you need to know is that Ma Lewis should be called "clank" instead. He's always had issues catching passes; simple, tough makes no difference, the guy has the worst hands I've ever seen.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:All you need to know is that Ma Lewis should be called "clank" instead. He's always had issues catching passes; simple, tough makes no difference, the guy has the worst hands I've ever seen.
Then I guess you haven't seen too much then. His drop percentage is about middle of the pack for tight ends.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:All you need to know is that Ma Lewis should be called "clank" instead. He's always had issues catching passes; simple, tough makes no difference, the guy has the worst hands I've ever seen.

Such hyperbole.

The idea of Lewis and drops is so overblown.

This was the first stat I could find. Shows drop % for tight ends in 2012. 

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/20...ight-ends/

Lewis is right in the middle for tight ends. Maybe some of you guys don't watch enough games featuring other teams.

;

;

Here is last year.

Lewis isn't even on the worst 15 list for tight ends.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/20...-rate-tes/

;

;

How do you overthrow your 6' 6" converted basketball player TE?? How??

The real story here is we're wasting time arguing about a bad/mediocre quarterback that won't be taking us to a Super Bowl when the team should be starting a better player in Bortles who could probably at least complete the pass mentioned in the topic and gain valuable real quality reps.

No pain, no gain.

Both here but the majority of the blame should be on Henne

These are my expectations, receivers must catch everything that comes their way. Quarterbacks will always have off throws, all-pro or not, every game.

It hit the hands, it must be hauled in.

It was the second drop by lewis that game looking into the sun.

If a guy comes into camp in his 9th year and the coaching staff is raving he is in the best shape of his life, then drops are UNACCEPTABLE.

If we need 2.3 yards or less, Feed The Beast !!!

Quote:These are my expectations, receivers must catch everything that comes their way. Quarterbacks will always have off throws, all-pro or not, every game.

It hit the hands, it must be hauled in.
If his fingertips are considered his hands...it hit him in the hands.

It was a horrible throw and he had all day to throw it.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Blame is on Fisch for calling a play that put the ball in those twos hands.. Ninja  :whistling: