Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Was it on Lewis or Henne

Speaking of the 4th down play. I think it was a catchable ball, however looked like Lewis expected a fastball but Henne through a change up.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

If it hits the hands it ought to be caught.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

henne floated it

lewis was looking back into the sun

lewis could have run a bit faster

henne could have faked the throw and walked to get the first

You'd expect your overpaid tight end to catch that, but it was a terrible throw. Henne is to blame. 

The easy answer is both.  Henne placed it very poorly. Lewis had to make an awkward adjustment to the ball - but he did - and he got his hands on it.  

So - he could have caught it  - and Henne could have made it much, much easier.  Pick your poison. 

(This post was last modified: 09-11-2014, 12:35 AM by Joe.)

I stick up for Marcedes a lot.. but I think it was clearly his fault.

For one, he got two hands on it. You're playing with Chad Henne, you should be happy his throw was even that accurate.

Secondly, I don't care if you're looking into the sun, if you get two hands on it, it should be a catch, ESPECIALLY if you're getting paid millions to do just that.

Sun or no sun, you need to make that catch. Period.

Quote:If it hits the hands it ought to be caught.

Not if it's just out off reach.

Quote:henne floated it

lewis was looking back into the sun

lewis could have run a bit faster

henne could have faked the throw and walked to get the first

The sun is an excuse

Quote:Not if it's just out off reach.
How is it out of reach if it hit him in the hands?

Here's the deal. Henne lobbed a throw over the defender to get it to Lewis. Lewis was running away from the throw and made an awkward attempt to catch the ball (Lewis could have timed his jump better). But nevertheless the throw was undoubtedly too far. Everyone could see that when it left Chads hand. Gates, Olsen, Bennett, Randolph/ every other tight end doesn't make that play either. Only TE I see making that play is Graham (because he's more athletic to make that jump/catch) and Vernon Davis because he has the speed to run under that throw.

I'll echo the both selection. Someone has to make a play there,and neither did.
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

Mainly Henne, It would have been a very good catch

When playing catch in the back.garden the rule is if you get a hand on it you could catch it

lewis got two mits on it

bad throw but thats a drop for me

The ball literally bounced off both of Lewis' hands. He is so uncoordinated.

Just run on 4th and short!!!

Quote:Just run on 4th and short!!!

With our Fullback Toby Gerhart?

Good one

#alligatorarms

A two yard pass to a wide open guy should not be thrown so poorly when the QB is not really under pressure.
Only a chump boos the home team!

It was a horrible pass it it came from a QB on the level of PM, TB, AR or any other top 5 or so QB out there.

It was a good enough to catch pass if it came from a QB on the level of a CH, BG, or any other bottom 5 or so QB out there.

A top 5 TE makes that catch, even if they have to jump and layout to make it.

A bottom 5 TE will never make that catch, and there's a good chance he would drop it even if it was thrown better than it was thrown.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Lewis always looks like a stumbling giraffe, he makes easy catches look hard