Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Andre Branch Now Credited With Two Sacks Week1

Quote:Lol Alualu finds his niche at 5 tech and Branch should be cut.

Meanwhile... outside of Imagination Land... Alualu gets blown out of his gap for a 40 yard TD run, and Branch has 2 sacks and a forced fumble.

You can get the same, if not better, football insight from your next door neighbor.
2 forced fumbles wasen't it?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I thought Clemons had one

Quote:2 forced fumbles wasen't it?
I think it was only one.

Quote:I thought he sucked? Nothing but stunts got him 6 sacks last year. Remember, coaches have to make a scheme for him to actually be good, Alfie said so!!
Yeah, I'm waiting for the "it's the scheme" people who dismiss the stats because the coaches have dared to game plan to the strengths of their players. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:Yeah, I'm waiting for the "it's the scheme" people who dismiss the stats because the coaches have dared to game plan to the strengths of their players.

Go read the BCC comments. Alfie has those people brainwashed... It's insane.

Quote:Go read the BCC comments. Alfie has those people brainwashed... It's insane.

Haha those people are dumb. I read 5 then almost threw up. One guy said he gives all of Branchs' sacks to the coaches. What a fool.

Quote:Lol Alualu finds his niche at 5 tech and Branch should be cut.

Meanwhile... outside of Imagination Land... Alualu gets blown out of his gap for a 40 yard TD run, and Branch has 2 sacks and a forced fumble.

You can get the same, if not better, football insight from your next door neighbor.

Do you mean the Sproles TD?  That's not what happened.  Hayes missed his gap on the Sproles TD run. Sproles ran between the center and RG and Alualu was engaged with the LG. He had nothing to do with that one. If he was lined up wrong …. well, so were 8 of the 11 players on D at that moment.  The linebackers and safeties were useless on that play as well. 

Quote:Go read the BCC comments. Alfie has those people brainwashed... It's insane.

I don't think they know any better.

;

;

He looked terrible in the preseason outside of the interception. I'm glad he's a regular season guy.

He could trip and fall on his face every time he comes within 4 feet of the QB as long as he plays like he has in the preseason the past 8 games

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

Quote:more often? i'll take 7 sacks per 8 games all season long.

What I mean by that is beating the o-line more often using techniques as opposed to what were more of coverage sacks this past Sunday.

Quote:He looked terrible in the preseason outside of the interception. I'm glad he's a regular season guy.

He could trip and fall on his face every time he comes within 4 feet of the QB as long as he plays like he has in the preseason the past 8 games
....what?

Quote:What I mean by that is beating the o-line more often using techniques as opposed to what were more of coverage sacks this past Sunday.
Umm no... They weren't. Did you watch the game?

Quote:Umm no... They weren't. Did you watch the game?

Yeah, I did.

How is this not a coverage sack? Foles had no where to throw and held onto the ball for five seconds. That is pretty much a textbook definition of a coverage sack. Even the announcers are discussing how long Foles held the football.

Quote:Yeah, I did.

How is <a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.nfl.com/videos/jacksonville-jaguars/0ap3000000390298/Foles-fumbles-for-the-second-time'>this</a> not a coverage sack? Foles had no where to throw and held onto the ball for five seconds. That is pretty much a textbook definition of a coverage sack. Even the announcers are discussing how long Foles held the football.
How about... Who cares how we get the sack but that we DO get a sack?

Quote:How about... Who cares how we get the sack but that we DO get a sack?

If you look at the first post I made in this thread, I'm not complaining that it was a coverage sack. I said he's getting better, but still has room to develop his pass rushing skills.

Woah a guy can get better in his third year? I thought once you dont light it up your rookie year your a bust, and will always suck, who would have thought

/sarcasm 

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

(This post was last modified: 09-11-2014, 06:04 PM by Joe.)

Quote:Yeah, I did.

How is <a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.nfl.com/videos/jacksonville-jaguars/0ap3000000390298/Foles-fumbles-for-the-second-time'>this</a> not a coverage sack? Foles had no where to throw and held onto the ball for five seconds. That is pretty much a textbook definition of a coverage sack. Even the announcers are discussing how long Foles held the football.
How is it not a coverage sack? Because the sack didn't happen due only to good coverage. Branch beat the tackle and sacked Foles, he didn't run into him because he held onto the ball too long.

5 seconds is the rule of thumb for offensive lineman to hold their blocks. How much earlier did he need to be to get a regular sack?

Quote:How is it not a coverage sack? Because the sack didn't happen due to good coverage. Branch beat the tackle, he didn't run into him because he held onto the ball too long.

5 seconds is the rule of thumb for offensive lineman to hold their blocks. How much earlier did he need to be to get a regular sack?

We're going to have to agree to disagree on that.

Again, I like Andre Branch as a player and never was one that wanted him cut, but his technique still has plenty of room to grow.

Quote:We're going to have to agree to disagree on that.

Again, I like Andre Branch as a player and never was one that wanted him cut, but his technique still has plenty of room to grow.
Of course he has room to grow, but to say that was a coverage sack is inaccurate. Of course the coverage helped, it usually does, but he wasn't getting whooped and Foles ran into him, he beat the tackle and made the play.

Quote:Yeah, I'm waiting for the "it's the scheme" people who dismiss the stats because the coaches have dared to game plan to the strengths of their players. 

I don't know if it is the scheme or better coaching but he is like Cecil Shorts: only good with the right position coach. I thought he would be a bust before he began to show some improvement last year.

Coaches don't "dare to game plan." It is called being smart. Coaches need to base schemes on what their players can do. Gus Bradley and Bob Babich have done that with the defense.