Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
So, I have a question about ISIS and their interests

Quote:Word. I don't want the U.S. in another war anymore than the next guy, but this group has got to be stopped. Part of me says the Middle East needs to handle their own business and we stay out of it, but another part of me wants to go in and wipe them off the map, collateral damage be darned- War is hell. I don't know the answer, I just know they need to be stopped.
I'm torn on it too. Something needs to be done but, why the hell are we the world police. We have PLENTY of our own problems and don't need to be sticking ourselves in the middle of an Ideological war.

The lack of support from any of our allies, and countries in the region almost makes it impossible to justify.

Again, let them kill each other, it's been going on in that region for eons and politics cannot solve it. Ideology can't be reasoned with, radical ideology cannot be expected to behave within the norms of our "society". They are the mongrels of our day.

[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I'm torn on it too. Something needs to be done but, why the hell are we the world police. We have PLENTY of our own problems and don't need to be sticking ourselves in the middle of an Ideological war.

The lack of support from any of our allies, and countries in the region almost makes it impossible to justify.

Again, let them kill each other, it's been going on in that region for eons and politics cannot solve it. Ideology can't be reasoned with, radical ideology cannot be expected to behave within the norms of our "society". They are the mongrels of our day.

Mainly my contention is that I dont want a preventable Holocaust on my generation's conscience like my grandfather's because we waited too long to end a Genocide. There is something to be said for be the ones willing to do right even if no one else will and no matter the cost, and right now I believe that stopping the evils of ISIS and destroying radical Islam is right for the world at large.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

I've got three boys. I'm not sure that I'm willing to sacrifice them to help a people who will not help themselves. 

Last numbers I saw, all intelligence communities disagree with the numbers...was around 31k jihadist. Syria and Iraq should be able to handle that. 

If they strike us, then it's game on. Until then, meh... Yeah they have reportedly killed some US and British folks. My question is why would you go there? I get it the news, journalism, expose the situation blah blah blah... you cannot get outraged when someone gets killed in a situation that they knew going in was dangerous and they took that risk.

If I go to a crime riddled part of any major city, I should accept that something may happen. If I go to a warzone, I might end up in the war....

Quote:Mainly my contention is that I dont want a preventable Holocaust on my generation's conscience like my grandfather's because we waited too long to end a Genocide. There is something to be said for be the ones willing to do right even if no one else will and no matter the cost, and right now I believe that stopping the evils of ISIS and destroying radical Islam is right for the world at large.

You can't kill an idealogy. Just ask is Isreal. At best you contain them and bomb them back to the stone ages when one gets to big but to wage war on an idea is insanity. How do you win when the radicals stop being radical! You'll fight a thousand years and never accomplish that.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Quote:You can't kill an idealogy. Just ask is Isreal. At best you contain them and bomb them back to the stone ages when one gets to big but to wage war on an idea is insanity. How do you win when the radicals stop being radical! You'll fight a thousand years and never accomplish that.

You can marginalize them by killing enough of them, just as we did the Nazis.

30k ISIS jihadis should take a few weeks then we either finish the job the right way or leave them be. It doesn't matter to me so long as we run ISIS to ground and kill them for what they've done.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Finally get to disagree with you too lol...

What have they done? We armed them, and set them up for success. 

There is questionably at best video of guys whom some say have been dead for quite a while. I get they are taking over parts of Syria and Iraq. That needs to be stopped but, it's not like they went to 5th Ave @ 59th and started chopping necks in the Apple store. 

My solution is walls. A real southern border for the US, wall off the middle east, refuse aid, let them kill each other, win win win. 

Quote:Finally get to disagree with you too lol...

What have they done? We armed them, and set them up for success. 

There is questionably at best video of guys whom some say have been dead for quite a while. I get they are taking over parts of Syria and Iraq. That needs to be stopped but, it's not like they went to 5th Ave @ 59th and started chopping necks in the Apple store. 

My solution is walls. A real southern border for the US, wall off the middle east, refuse aid, let them kill each other, win win win.

I'm just not ok with the mass killings, rapes, babies getting their heads chopped off because those people are A different and B unable to fight back effectively. Especially when we could stop it with relative ease. If you train the dog to attack you also have the duty to bring it to heel if it goes after the neighbor's kids.

I just don't get how it's my childrens place to heel them when I didn't agree with the training of the dog to begin with. 

Quote:You can marginalize them by killing enough of them, just as we did the Nazis.

30k ISIS jihadis should take a few weeks then we either finish the job the right way or leave them be. It doesn't matter to me so long as we run ISIS to ground and kill them for what they've done.

We defeated the nazis infrastructure there's still nazis today. ISIL has no infrastructure to destroy.

Germany was an army, we fought the German army. the goal wasnt to end white supremacy it was to stop German aggression.

Quote:I just don't get how it's my childrens place to heel them when I didn't agree with the training of the dog to begin with.

It's not we shouldn't under any circumstances send in ground troops. Unfortunately arming more rebels is only going to make it worse and probably lead to a ground campaign.

Right now the media and Washington are trying to rewrite history. They keep saying the "rebels" we armed in Syria to take on Assad are NOT what we now call ISIL, that's a complete lie.

Quote:I'm just not ok with the mass killings, rapes, babies getting their heads chopped off because those people are A different and B unable to fight back effectively. Especially when we could stop it with relative ease. If you train the dog to attack you also have the duty to bring it to heel if it goes after the neighbor's kids.

Then you have to be prepared to occupy all of the Middle East and most of Africa?

Quote:Then you have to be prepared to occupy all of the Middle East and most of Africa?

Nope, just go in and wipe them out as best you can. We have a target, we know where they are, we could've already done this if we'd dropped a division on that mountain where the Yaz were hiding with the Kurds instead of some "advisers."

Quote:We defeated the nazis infrastructure there's still nazis today. ISIL has no infrastructure to destroy.

Germany was an army, we fought the German army. the goal wasnt to end white supremacy it was to stop German aggression.

Yes, and we (and the Russians) did that by killing so many of them that they couldn't fight any more. And that eliminated the ideology as anything viable outside of the few radicals and goofy white power types. If you kill enough of them they will get the message, and frankly, it's time we gave them the message instead of this tippy tappy toeing around crap we've been doing. Everyone needs the message: Russia, China, Iran, the Islamists, and our allies. You keep bleeping with us then we're going to kill you. Plain and simple. That's the part of being a Superpower that we've lacked for too long. 

I'm not hot for war, but at some point we either take up the role with vigor or we abandon it completely, and SOMEONE is going to be on top; I'd prefer it to be us.

Quote:I just don't get how it's my childrens place to heel them when I didn't agree with the training of the dog to begin with. 

Your country did it, we all own a share of the burden whether we fully agree or not.

Quote:Nope, just go in and wipe them out as best you can. We have a target, we know where they are, we could've already done this if we'd dropped a division on that mountain where the Yaz were hiding with the Kurds instead of some "advisers."

didn't we just spend a decade doing that? It took what less than 8 months after we left for something worse to pop up?

It's an ideology, we could spend the next 100 years there and you'll never change the way they view the world. The solution is to isolate them, stop buying their oil, stop arming their factions to take out this faction, stop giving them financial aid because they're nice this week. And If by some rare event one pops up like ISIL bomb it back to the stone ages and go home.

But sending in divisions and occupying territory is a slow bleed we just can't sustain anymore.

Quote:didn't we just spend a decade doing that? It took what less than 8 months after we left for something worse to pop up?

It's an ideology, we could spend the next 100 years there and you'll never change the way they view the world. The solution is to isolate them, stop buying their oil, stop arming their factions to take out this faction, stop giving them financial aid because they're nice this week. And If by some rare event one pops up like ISIL bomb it back to the stone ages and go home.

But sending in divisions and occupying territory is a slow bleed we just can't sustain anymore.

That's kind of my point, someone needs to destroy ISIS. What we do after that doesn't require anything more than what you've stated. But you have to stop the violent spread of the ideology when so many of it's practitioners are massed together. It's a giant target of opportunity with a justifiable premise for action.

Well, if it's going to be done. It better be DONE. No more 10 years of war. Flatten the whole region. It's been going on for thousands of years and you're going to have to kill them all. 

I can sleep at night with that. 

I won't allow my children to go fight a war to make money and profits. Not happening. I'll denounce and go to somewhere else. 

Quote:Well, if it's going to be done. It better be DONE. No more 10 years of war. Flatten the whole region. It's been going on for thousands of years and you're going to have to kill them all. 

I won't allow my children to go fight a war to make money and profits. Not happening. I'll denounce and go to somewhere else. 
More mass genocide... Sigh, I hope we never get back there. 

Quote:Well, if it's going to be done. It better be DONE. No more 10 years of war. Flatten the whole region. It's been going on for thousands of years and you're going to have to kill them all. 

You keep saying you're not willing to sacrifice your sons. Unless there's a draft they won't have to go anywhere. Unless they're already in. Nothing to be done about that. Anyone who enlisted after 9/11 has/had a guaranteed shot at going to war thus the sacrifice is on them, not anyone else.

(This post was last modified: 09-17-2014, 08:20 PM by americus 2.0.)

Quote:More mass genocide... Sigh, I hope we never get back there. 

Genocide is already happening, though on a smaller scale. For now. As much as I hate to say it, I'd rather it be us eradicating them and their ideology than them killing because of it. I'm not happy about war, but something has to be done. Iran said it today, these people are hell bent on killing humanity. Those are strong words coming from Iran.