Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
So, I have a question about ISIS and their interests

I'm not one to watch or read a lot of news because honestly it gets to be too much. I do read enough to stay informed as to what's going on, but I'm not a news junkie. Also, politics are not my strong suit. These things used to be of great interest to me but I had to simplify my life and that meant letting a few things just not be so important. Maybe they should be, but that's not what I'm asking about.

That being said, we don't hear about ISIS being a threat to Asian countries or Russia or any former USSR countries (I guess that's how to word it). I do know they're a threat to European countries. I remember when I lived in Germany at the beginning of the 2000's they were concerned then with the influx of Muslims and that was 14 years ago now. Is there a specific reason they (ISIS) don't seem to have an interest in the areas I mentioned above, or are we just not hearing about it? At first I thought maybe don't because they're communist, but not all of them are. And it stands to reason that ALL non-Islam practitioners are infidels so they would want to go after everyone. 

So.....what are your thoughts?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I'm not one to watch or read a lot of news because honestly it gets to be too much. I do read enough to stay informed as to what's going on, but I'm not a news junkie. Also, politics are not my strong suit. These things used to be of great interest to me but I had to simplify my life and that meant letting a few things just not be so important. Maybe they should be, but that's not what I'm asking about.

That being said, we don't hear about ISIS being a threat to Asian countries or Russia or any former USSR countries (I guess that's how to word it). I do know they're a threat to European countries. I remember when I lived in Germany at the beginning of the 2000's they were concerned then with the influx of Muslims and that was 14 years ago now. Is there a specific reason they (ISIS) don't seem to have an interest in the areas I mentioned above, or are we just not hearing about it? At first I thought maybe don't because they're communist, but not all of them are. And it stands to reason that ALL non-Islam practitioners are infidels so they would want to go after everyone. 

So.....what are your thoughts?

They directly threatened Russia a few days ago. China's just to far removed from their world to be of concern right now.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...casus.html

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

Gotcha. Thanks for the link. I don't have regular TV so I don't see mainstream news and haven't been online much the last few days so I didn't see that about Russia. 

China wouldn't put up with it.

[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

Quote:China wouldn't put up with it.

And they have about a billion disposable men to send West if need be.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

China's busy massing troops at the Russian border

Quote:China's busy massing troops at the Russian border

They have enough to deal with both concurrently. Pootie Poot will be in real trouble if he cant get the USSR rebuilt before China decides they need that sweet Baltic and Persian oil more than he does. We should've taken it from Iran before we left, we could've prevented a lot of this with a real show of force in the region. Instead the empty suit decided to vote Present and give the whole region away.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:They have enough to deal with both concurrently. Pootie Poot will be in real trouble if he cant get the USSR rebuilt before China decides they need that sweet Baltic and Persian oil more than he does. We should've taken it from Iran before we left, we could've prevented a lot of this with a real show of force in the region. Instead the empty suit decided to vote Present and give the whole region away.

It's all about to implode over there anyways. Why I'm with Rand and Ron Paul on closing the embassy's ending the aid over sea's and building up our border defense. We got enough natural resources we don't need Europe or the Middle East for a while, I want out before things get real messy again.

Quote:It's all about to implode over there anyways. Why I'm with Rand and Ron Paul on closing the embassy's ending the aid over sea's and building up our border defense. We got enough natural resources we don't need Europe or the Middle East for a while, I want out before things get real messy again.
The Pauls talk a good game.  If they ever got elected to an office where they could impact change, my guess is you'd find out just how empty their rhetoric actually is.  Rand is already starting to tap dance away from his father's more isolationist policies as he lays the groundwork for a possible 2016 run. 

There are only a few people who might consider running who would have the stones to actually tighten up the border.  None would agree to ending foreign aid completely or closing our embassies overseas other than in hot spots where they're in some sort of jeopardy possibly. 

While we do have enough natural resources here to become independent from our dependency on foreign oil and other resources, we don't have a national policy to take advantage of that right now.  As appealing as it would be for many of us to see a real change in that regard, I remain skeptical it's ever going to happen.  There's too much money and power behind the current model. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:The Pauls talk a good game.  If they ever got elected to an office where they could impact change, my guess is you'd find out just how empty their rhetoric actually is.  Rand is already starting to tap dance away from his father's more isolationist policies as he lays the groundwork for a possible 2016 run. 

There are only a few people who might consider running who would have the stones to actually tighten up the border.  None would agree to ending foreign aid completely or closing our embassies overseas other than in hot spots where they're in some sort of jeopardy possibly. 

While we do have enough natural resources here to become independent from our dependency on foreign oil and other resources, we don't have a national policy to take advantage of that right now.  As appealing as it would be for many of us to see a real change in that regard, I remain skeptical it's ever going to happen.  There's too much money and power behind the current model. 

I don't doubt that if Rand by some miracle was elected he'd be more moderate in his foreign policy than his Father, heck Rand has always been a little more "republican" than his dad.

I'll be happy if we just reduce the foreign aid, end the world policing practice and secure the borders. Even that in reality is a long shot regardless who wins, like you've said to much money involved in the military industrial complex and foreign oil.

I say we raise the price for a bushel of grain to whatever they sell a barrel of oil for.

Quote:I say we raise the price for a bushel of grain to whatever they sell a barrel of oil for.

Or just work towards energy independence. That'd probably work out a lot better for us.

The Chinese need the oil, yet we are protecting it, borrowing from them to do so. Amazing. Egypt has a huge army, why wont they help controlling ISIS..it's in their back yard. Maybe because they don't trust or will help our POTUS? He did back the Muslim brotherhood, and it may be biting us in the [BLEEP].

The Russians and Chinese simply don't like us. They do have terrorist issues as well, but to align with the US? Ain't happening.

The French want to help, but also want to bring Iran on board. The US isn't too cool with that.

Too bad we couldn't reincarnate an SS panzer division.

But for all intents and purposes, it ain't nuttin but a giant cluster[bad word removed]. A self inflicted goat rope.
Blakes Life Matters

We want results with no casualties. No such thing. It's either wipe them out, or sit back and let Turkey, Saudi Arabia, etc sweat it out. Screw them. Let ISIS try Iran...they'll whack them.

Can't have war without consequences, so either toughen up defense at home, ie...borders. Stop the profiling laws. Or go in both feet...which includes on the ground.

Realistically? They're [BLEEP] roaches. Their ideology will continue.

Other civilized countries have to stop immigration of these " refugees" in wolves clothing. France, England, Germany,Sweden,Holland....all have issues with the influx this thing called humanitarian aid and shelter and refuge.
Blakes Life Matters

They are breeding them out in Europe. 

It's going to come here soon.

Quote:They are breeding them out in Europe. 

It's going to come here soon.

Already here in places like Dearborn, MI.

True...

Quote:We want results with no casualties. No such thing. It's either wipe them out, or sit back and let Turkey, Saudi Arabia, etc sweat it out. Screw them. Let ISIS try Iran...they'll whack them.

Can't have war without consequences, so either toughen up defense at home, ie...borders. Stop the profiling laws. Or go in both feet...which includes on the ground.

Realistically? They're [BAD WORD REMOVED] roaches. Their ideology will continue.

Other civilized countries have to stop immigration of these " refugees" in wolves clothing. France, England, Germany,Sweden,Holland....all have issues with the influx this thing called humanitarian aid and shelter and refuge.

I was just telling my husband tonight that Iran would have these jokers for lunch and dessert. I wish they'd try Iran but the fact that they haven't yet tells me they're not stupid. Apparently they're fighting these guys, or helping the Kurds and peshmenga fight them on their northernmost border, supplying them with weapons and logistics. We don't see that in the mainstream media.

I mentioned too that Hussein would not have tolerated this and would have shut them down pretty quick. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad he and his twisted sons are dead, but most often it's better the devil you know than the devil you don't. In this case, I don't see IS being the force it is in Iraq if Hussein was at the helm.

Quote:I was just telling my husband tonight that Iran would have these jokers for lunch and dessert. I wish they'd try Iran but the fact that they haven't yet tells me they're not stupid. Apparently they're fighting these guys, or helping the Kurds and peshmenga fight them on their northernmost border, supplying them with weapons and logistics. We don't see that in the mainstream media.

I mentioned too that Hussein would not have tolerated this and would have shut them down pretty quick. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad he and his twisted sons are dead, but most often it's better the devil you know than the devil you don't. In this case, I don't see IS being the force it is in Iraq if Hussein was at the helm.
Hussein would have gassed them and told everyone else to stick it.

We would have cried foul and how horrible that these peace loving peoples were killed and we should attack Iraq. 

Quote:Hussein would have gassed them and told everyone else to stick it.

We would have cried foul and how horrible that these peace loving peoples were killed and we should attack Iraq.

Word. I don't want the U.S. in another war anymore than the next guy, but this group has got to be stopped. Part of me says the Middle East needs to handle their own business and we stay out of it, but another part of me wants to go in and wipe them off the map, collateral damage be darned- War is hell. I don't know the answer, I just know they need to be stopped.