Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
New Drug Policy....could it be good for Blackmon?

His wasn't for pot.  His was originally for booze.  Then he got popped driving while smoking, which is equivalent to another DUI.  This isn't helping Blackmon.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

so many butt hurt fans.  If he's allowed to come back I will be happy to have him, If the team has moved on then so have I

[Image: Brunell_sig_zps13c33193.jpg]

The new policy will benefit JB...................................If  it's printed on a Zig-Zag and he can roll up some sweet stinky in it.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Quote:Season 16, episode 3. I had to google iit lol.

Thanks.

So Season 16. I guess we can expect Blackmon back by 2028.

(This post was last modified: 09-09-2014, 10:21 AM by badger.)

we need to forget about this guy.  It's over.  The team will do what they can, but we shouldn't talk about him anymore as if he'll ever be back.

Quote:Its not though. Let it go.

The dream is dddddeeeeeaaaaaaaaddddddd.
Ive been lurking here for a VERY long time as a die-hard Jaguar fan, and i cannot for the life of me realize how you are a mod on this board? As far as i know Justin Blackmon is contracted to this team, ya he might not come back, and he probably will not. However, he is a Jaguar and untill the team says he will never play another down or if he says it, people will have faith and hope. Did somebody get high and punch you in the face? Is that why your so sour towards substances abusers? Just Shut up, your worse then TMD when it comes to an agenda, let people talk about a current situation that could impact one of our players.

THE PURGE

Quote:Blackmon and Gordon are in the same situation. They are both in stage three of the intervention program for recreational drug use which is banishment. It's basically their third strike. Ace Sanders is in stage 2 of the intervention program, the second strike, which is a mandatory 4 game suspension and not a banishment which is why he could participate in the preseason unlike Blackmon, and Gordon once his appeal was denied.

Both are required to serve a minimum of a 1 year suspension and are allowed to apply to be reinstated 60 days before the 1 year anniversary date. The indefinite part comes from the fact that if they get in trouble or don't comply with the treatment program, the commissioner can deny their application and extend their suspension period. Both Gordon and Blackmon are likely to have their suspension extended by the commissioner due to their subsequent arrests.
Ok. Thanks.

Why would anyone want someone like Blackmon spreading his disrespect for the team and his responsibilities to the other young guys in the locker room?

He should have already been released, it's bad enough that they haven't made an example of him for the guys still in the locker room already.

(This post was last modified: 09-09-2014, 02:11 PM by raven771.)

Duplicate post

Quote:Why would anyone want someone like Blackmon spreading his disrespect for the team and his responsibilities to the other young guys in the locker room?

He should have already been released, it's bad enough that they haven't made an example of him for the guys still in the locker room already.

Nobody ever said he is spreading disrespect for the team to other players. In fact he is not allowed to have any contact with them.

Quote:Why would anyone want someone like Blackmon spreading his disrespect for the team and his responsibilities to the other young guys in the locker room?

Because he's a baller. Even though he's had major issues with substance abuse,hes still the best receiver on a Jaguars contract. Having positive image is very important, especially for this team. But you know what's more important for a competitive professional sports team? Winning. And you need ballers to win. i dont have high hopes for his return. But I will not lose hope until they say he will never play again.

why make things up.  For all you know the guys in the locker room like him and want to help him.

Quote:Nobody ever said he is spreading disrespect for the team to other players. In fact he is not allowed to have any contact with them.

What happens when he comes back to the team?

Quote:Because he's a baller. Even though he's had major issues with substance abuse,hes still the best receiver on a Jaguars contract. Having positive image is very important, especially for this team. But you know what's more important for a competitive professional sports team? Winning. And you need ballers to win. i dont have high hopes for his return. But I will not lose hope until they say he will never play again.

We've got Hurns and multiple other good young WRs. He's expendable already.

Quote:why make things up.  For all you know the guys in the locker room like him and want to help him.

Make things up? The guy's regard for the team is unquestionably low, that's why he's in the position he's in.

The Jaguars have a good thing forming, the last thing they need to do is bring back one of Gene Smith's worst moves to rub off on the young guys the team has.

Quote:What happens when he comes back to the team?

Make things up? The guy's regard for the team is unquestionably low, that's why he's in the position he's in.

The Jaguars have a good thing forming, the last thing they need to do is bring back one of Gene Smith's worst moves to rub off on the young guys the team has.

You have the right to your opinion.

The Jaguars have a good thing forming, the last thing they need to do is bring back one of Gene Smith's worst moves to rub off on the young guys the team has.[/quote]

As much as I loved what I seen out of Hurns and our core, a couple preseason games and a half of football to me is still unproven. However, the same can be said about Blackmon. But in his short multiple outings, he has proved himself. I really really hope that these new guys work out and we can joke about Blackmon the same way we do with Matt Jones and etc . and I honestly think Blackmon just has some serious demons to overcome. I remember what I was like at 23 years old.

Quote:Blackmon and Gordon are in the same situation
. They are both in stage three of the intervention program for recreational drug use which is banishment. It's basically their third strike. Ace Sanders is in stage 2 of the intervention program, the second strike, which is a mandatory 4 game suspension and not a banishment which is why he could participate in the preseason unlike Blackmon, and Gordon once his appeal was denied.

Both are required to serve a minimum of a 1 year suspension and are allowed to apply to be reinstated 60 days before the 1 year anniversary date. The indefinite part comes from the fact that if they get in trouble or don't comply with the treatment program, the commissioner can deny their application and extend their suspension period. Both Gordon and Blackmon are likely to have their suspension extended by the commissioner due to their subsequent arrests.

No they're not.  Gordon flunked a drug test by (supposedly) a reading of less than on half of one percent.  Blackmon has had DUI issues and got arrested again recently.  Not the same situation.

Quote: As much as I loved what I seen out of Hurns and our core, a couple preseason games and a half of football to me is still unproven. However, the same can be said about Blackmon. But in his short multiple outings, he has proved himself. I really really hope that these new guys work out and we can joke about Blackmon the same way we do with Matt Jones and etc . and I honestly think Blackmon just has some serious demons to overcome. I remember what I was like at 23 years old.

I'd rather keep guys like Mike Brown who play special teams and put in the effort than to cut someone like him to make room for a turd like Blackmon.

This team is already in a position where it will likely have to get rid of Ace Sanders or Brown in the near future anyway, I'm hoping it's Ace that goes. At least Mike Brown is hard working and dependable.

Quote:I'd rather keep guys like Mike Brown who play special teams and put in the effort than to cut someone like him to make room for a turd like Blackmon.

This team is already in a position where it will likely have to get rid of Ace Sanders or Brown in the near future anyway, I'm hoping it's Ace that goes. At least Mike Brown is hard working and dependable.
I'm not trying to start anything, keeping it unbiased as possible because I'm a fan, but brown wouldn't make it on a third of the NFL teams. Our situation has been so bad for years that any mediocre receiver seems good to us. I love that these guys put all there effort and actually focus on the game, saying that, they can't produce on the field. And that's all that matters.

I'd much rather take a flyer on Blackmon then Ace or Brown. Those guys are dime a dozen.

Quote:I'm not trying to start anything, keeping it unbiased as possible because I'm a fan, but brown wouldn't make it on a third of the NFL teams. Our situation has been so bad for years that any mediocre receiver seems good to us. I love that these guys put all there effort and actually focus on the game, saying that, they can't produce on the field. And that's all that matters.

I'd much rather take a flyer on Blackmon then Ace or Brown. Those guys are dime a dozen.
You're not starting anything by saying you'd take the most talented player of the bunch.  Blackmon needs to put his demons behind him, but for someone to say they'd take Ace or Brown over Blackmon is just idiotic.  The upside if he is able to remain clean moving forward is immeasurably higher. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]