Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
New Drug Policy....could it be good for Blackmon?

I've read that if the NFL does adjust it's drug policy then Josh Gordon could be back in...does that mean the same for Blackmon?

"Don't argue with an idiot, people watching may not be able to tell the difference."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I am pretty sure he has buried himself.

Even if it would, I wouldn't want him back 'till he's dealt with the demons that got him in trouble in the first place and from the little we've heard about him recently, it still looks like it's " Party on, Garth!!"

[Image: Welcome%20to%20Duval_zps4z3erxne.jpg]

Well, it's not bad news. I'd love to see him back. I read somewhere where the new drug policy will allow the players to be in the facility. Which I think is important for a troubled player to be around his teammates

Probably better for Sanders

(This post was last modified: 09-09-2014, 02:59 AM by P. Haze.)

Why does everybody else has an end date to their suspension except Blackmon? His is just indefinite. His situation is no worse than Josh Gordon's. They're about on the same junkie status and Gordon might be worse. Dont think he's in shape for ball anyway.

Quote:Why does everybody else has an end date to their suspension except Blackmon? His is just indefinite. His situation is no worse than Josh Gordon's. They're about on the same junkie status and Gordon might be worse. Dont think he's in shape for ball anyway.

Because Justin Blackmon was suspended twice in the same year for the same reason, so he must petition the NFL to get back in. He can choose to not do that and retire instead.

(This post was last modified: 09-09-2014, 05:34 AM by Predator.)

Quote:Why does everybody else has an end date to their suspension except Blackmon? His is just indefinite. His situation is no worse than Josh Gordon's. They're about on the same junkie status and Gordon might be worse. Dont think he's in shape for ball anyway.
Blackmon and Gordon are in the same situation. They are both in stage three of the intervention program for recreational drug use which is banishment. It's basically their third strike. Ace Sanders is in stage 2 of the intervention program, the second strike, which is a mandatory 4 game suspension and not a banishment which is why he could participate in the preseason unlike Blackmon, and Gordon once his appeal was denied.

Both are required to serve a minimum of a 1 year suspension and are allowed to apply to be reinstated 60 days before the 1 year anniversary date. The indefinite part comes from the fact that if they get in trouble or don't comply with the treatment program, the commissioner can deny their application and extend their suspension period. Both Gordon and Blackmon are likely to have their suspension extended by the commissioner due to their subsequent arrests.

I think it could help him when he applies for reinstatement. Would be nice to have a weapon like that for Blake.
Section 118

Tough to say how it could affect anyone.  One consideration for Blackmon though is that he keeps having run ins with the law due to his habit.  Even if the NFL was willing to overlook a bit more on the habit side, I doubt they're going to overlook the personal conduct policy of getting yourself arrested left and right.

Ex: Alcohol is already legal, but if you get a DUI, they're not okay with that.  I don't imagine Roger is going to reconsider much while Blackmon is blazing while rolling down the street.

I doubt they over turn old decisions.  He broke what was the rule at the time

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Obviously Blackmon doesn't want to be on the team or he would make the choice to get help. If he already has, then he needs to fire whoever it is because they're doing a crap job of it. If he doesn't want to be on the team then I don't want him on it. I mean, remember Matt Jones?

What a sad thread.

Let it go. Blackmon doesn't even football anymore.

Cutting off all communication with team mates and seeing the latest mug shot of Blackmon he looked out of shape and appeared to still be using drugs. If that is the case no changes in the drug policy will matter. Very sad to see such a talented player self destruct likeBlackmon. My prayers are with him and we can only hope something with in him lights up the path to recovery.

Quote:What a sad thread.

It's a legit question, if you don't like it....don't click on it. 

"Don't argue with an idiot, people watching may not be able to tell the difference."

Quote:It's a legit question, if you don't like it....don't click on it.

Its not though. Let it go.

The dream is dddddeeeeeaaaaaaaaddddddd.

Quote:What a sad thread.

Like Nelson on the Simpsons. His dad never came home after going to get cigarettes but Nelson still thinks he will one day.

Quote:Like Nelson on the Simpsons. His dad never came home after going to get cigarettes but Nelson still thinks he will one day.

But Mr. Muntz did return. So you're saying there's a chance...?!

Quote:But Mr. Muntz did return. So you're saying there's a chance...?!

Possibly. When was that anyway? I haven't watched the recent years.

Quote:Possibly. When was that anyway? I haven't watched the recent years.

Season 16, episode 3. I had to google iit lol.