Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
"The Plan": Coaching vs Management

Is there any other team in the NFL where the 1st team offense is looking over at the other practice field day dreaming?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:It will just be sad if the rookie can play and the season is already lost.

That's what I think they should be more concerned about. What if it ends up looking like you took too long to change your mind? Then there will be even more questions.

Quote:Agreed. Message board posters certainly aren't privy to everything going on behind the scenes, and thank goodness for that.

Then they're legitimately scared to play him. The colts didnt baby Luck. Why do we feel the need to baby him? The pass protection was fine today. The run blocking was piss poor, but the pass protection hasnt been an issue at all

Quote:Then they're legitimately scared to play him. The colts didnt baby Luck. Why do we feel the need to baby him? The pass protection was fine today. The run blocking was [BAD WORD REMOVED] poor, but the pass protection hasnt been an issue at all

Play him, if he gets hurt then you get Winston next year, either way you win.

"Gentlemen, it is better to have died a small boy than to fumble this football" - John Heisman

They should never play Bortles. Just know that you have a potential franchise quarterback on the sidelines every week. Will keep us in the headlines I guess. I'm finally on Gus side with this. The team is already the joke of the league.

Quote:Then they're legitimately scared to play him. The colts didnt baby Luck. Why do we feel the need to baby him? The pass protection was fine today. The run blocking was [BAD WORD REMOVED] poor, but the pass protection hasnt been an issue at all

Why even attempt to argue with him? Just do this instead... Wallbash

Quote:Why even attempt to argue with him? Just do this instead... Wallbash

Yeah, because you're at the practices, and you're with him on the practice fields and in meetings to know where he's really at, right. These guys running the team don't have a clue. Message board geniuses know what's happening and what needs to be done.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:Agreed. Message board posters certainly aren't privy to everything going on behind the scenes, and thank goodness for that.

It's possible.

Each week it will get tougher to convince this fan base that Hopeless Henne gives us anything.

Quote:Winston

Pls no.

Quote:Yeah, because you're at the practices, and you're with him on the practice fields and in meetings to know where he's really at, right. These guys running the team don't have a clue. Message board geniuses know what's happening and what needs to be done.

It's only "message board geniuses" calling for Bortles?

Quote:Is there any other team in the NFL where the 1st team offense is looking over at the other practice field day dreaming?

In 1999 Doug Pederson started the Eagles first 10 games despite McNabb being clearly more talented, even as a rookie. 

Quote:Yeah, because you're at the practices, and you're with him on the practice fields and in meetings to know where he's really at, right. These guys running the team don't have a clue. Message board geniuses know what's happening and what needs to be done.

Because what they are doing is clearly working. You consider success playing one decent quarter. This franchise has beat its fan base into submission to crave mediocrity. It's a disease.

I thought practices shouldnt really factor into the decision? I mean , gabbert beat out henne soley based on practice play last year.

Quote:In 1999 Doug Pederson started the Eagles first 10 games despite McNabb being clearly more talented, even as a rookie.

Tommy Maddox started over Big Ben. Had Maddox not gotten hurt, who knows how long he would've started.

Quote:It's only "message board geniuses" calling for Bortles?

I think, both Lageman and Boselli have said they would play him, but they don't know much.

"Gentlemen, it is better to have died a small boy than to fumble this football" - John Heisman

Quote:I thought practices shouldnt really factor into the decision? I mean , gabbert beat out henne soley based on practice play last year.

Gotta pick whichever side of the coin supports your current argument...

Quote:I think, both Lageman and Boselli have said they would play him, but they don't know much.

Wouldnt you just love to hear Pete Caroll's take on it?

Quote:I think, both Lageman and Boselli have said they would play him, but they don't know much.

And basically every analyst on the radio, television.

Quote:I thought practices shouldnt really factor into the decision? I mean , gabbert beat out henne soley based on practice play last year.

The coaches who are there to determine when Bortles is ready will make that call when they see fit. If he's not starting until he's ready, and he's NOT starting, it's safe to say theve evaluated where he's at and they feel he's not ready. Everyone talks about his command of the offense based on the vanilla defenses he faced in the preseason and they think he's ready to go. Those actually working to prepare him disagree. I'll trust their judgment since their jobs depend on getting things like this right.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

When they're getting paid to make those decisions, their opinions will carry more weight.