Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
"The Plan": Coaching vs Management

Publicly Gus and Dave are on the same page regarding "the plan". If we're all having this conversation, I would have to think they have at some point, or at the very least there are a few coaches in the building who disagre with the decision. Nobody agrees on EVERYTHING. I'm not wondering if Caldwell is forcing the issue, and Gus is along for the ride. Because in those press conferences, Gus is really grasping at straws when it comes to Henne praise. There's been a lot of discussion about the plan in general, but havent seen a lot regarding coaching vs management.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Publicly Gus and Dave are on the same page regarding "the plan". If we're all having this conversation, I would have to think they have at some point, or at the very least there are a few coaches in the building who disagre with the decision. Nobody agrees on EVERYTHING. I'm not wondering if Caldwell is forcing the issue, and Gus is along for the ride. Because in those press conferences, Gus is really grasping at straws when it comes to Henne praise. There's been a lot of discussion about the plan in general, but havent seen a lot regarding coaching vs management.

I still think the issue at this point has more to do about the OL, than Bortles actual readiness. However, there could indeed be stuff regarding the playbook that Bortles simply hasn't mastered yet and we wouldn't really be privy to that info. 

I think Gus and Dave are genuinely on the same page, but I wonder about the other coaches, like Fisch for example.

Quote:I think Gus and Dave are genuinely on the same page, but I wonder about the other coaches, like Fisch for example.

I have little doubt Fisch would want Bortles out there

They have conviction to what they believe. Chad will start the next few games at least. I think once we are 0-5 Blake will go in. 

Quote:They have conviction to what they believe. Chad will start the next few games at least. I think once we are 0-5 Blake will go in. 

It will just be sad if the rookie can play and the season is already lost.

"Gentlemen, it is better to have died a small boy than to fumble this football" - John Heisman

(This post was last modified: 09-07-2014, 10:37 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

The fans are the real losers here. TBH, why even play him in pre-season?

Quote:It will just be sad if the rookie can play and the season is already lost.

Thats what the season is looking like. Because they sure as hell aren't winning with Chad.

Quote:Thats what the season is looking like. Because they sure as hell aren't winning with Chad.

Fans have gotten smarter, so this propaganda doesn't work so well anymore.

(This post was last modified: 09-07-2014, 10:44 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:Thats what the season is looking like. Because they sure as hell aren't winning with Chad.

They might win next week with Chad. 

Fitzpatrick just beat the Redskins today and looked good doing so....(and he's not). 

The Redskins aren't a good football team. 

Quote:I still think the issue at this point has more to do about the OL, than Bortles actual readiness. However, there could indeed be stuff regarding the playbook that Bortles simply hasn't mastered yet and we wouldn't really be privy to that info. 
Good post....and I agree completely.

But when he is ready...and the OL is ready....look out!

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(This post was last modified: 09-07-2014, 10:46 PM by Shack Del Rio.)

Quote:Fans have gotten smarter, so this propaganda doesn't work so well anymore.

Went to Publix around 530 today. Had my Jaguar shirt on. Probably had a dozen people ask me when Bortles was starting as if I had info. Fans aren't dumb. They know Henne isn't winning anything.

Quote:They might win next week with Chad.

Fitzpatrick just beat the Redskins today and looked good doing so....(and he's not).

The Redskins aren't a good football team.

We'll see. It would likely be in spite of him. Or if the defense gifts him great field position again.

I just wonder... what does he need to improve to be "ready"??

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:I just wonder... what does he need to improve to be "ready"??

How to call time out on third and ten?

"Gentlemen, it is better to have died a small boy than to fumble this football" - John Heisman

Your guess is as good as ours

As said, there might be some information we might not be privy to. Bortles might not have mastered the playbook yet....and thats something only he and the people on the inside would know. 

Quote:How to call time out on third and ten?

makes ya wonder..

our 7 year veteran QB couldn't get the play off in time 3 times and burned time outs in each time.

That's what a rookie should look like, not a veteran.  If the veteran isn't doing even the most elementary things, why not just go ahead and play Bortles?

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:I still think the issue at this point has more to do about the OL, than Bortles actual readiness. However, there could indeed be stuff regarding the playbook that Bortles simply hasn't mastered yet and we wouldn't really be privy to that info.

Agreed. Message board posters certainly aren't privy to everything going on behind the scenes, and thank goodness for that.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:Agreed. Message board posters certainly aren't privy to everything going on behind the scenes, and thank goodness for that.

That would be my quess as well.  Probably the best and only explanation as to why you would start Henne over him.