Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Anyone else feel worse than usual?

The Jaguars did nothing but prove they still aren't ready to even make the jump to a .500 record this year.

That was arguably one of the worst performances I have ever seen in the second half.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Man, that game got me real bad. I went into it expecting us to lose by double digits but the first half really gave me hope and I felt good. After the second half I feel so bad.

I'm just trying to take the positives out of it now, the D-line is good, Hurns looked really good and the pass protection wasn't too bad.

But damn, that sucks Sad

It does suck, but the first half is a glimpse of the future. I feel good about that.

Quote:Than usual... lol

It's part of being a Jaguar fan. It's in our DNA.
speak for yourself.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Quote:Not really. I didn't expect a win. Of course I was excited when we took the 14-0 lead. Even more so when we took a 17-0 lead.

When the Eagles started coming back, I just felt like.. "I should've known it was too good to be true."

This'll probably be a long year. We need help at Center bad. Maybe Runningback help too. I know it wasn't all Gerhart's fault, but I'm still not sure he's starter-quality.

To me Gerhart was the biggest disappointment. Well, the loss was a bummer but I was expecting a loss heading into the game. Robinson actually seemed more effective than either Gerhart or Todman to my eyes.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Need more talent at multiple positions. Henne is what we thought he would be for us. At least we can take advantage of draft position unlike front offices past. The process is going forward.

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Young teams are inconsistent, the Jags are no different.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Better quarterback play wins that game. A lot more positives to find in this game than any game in the first half of last year.

Quote:Lots of postives here.  The defense played well.  The young draft picks (and the undrafted rookie Hurns) are going to be good players.  There just aren't enough good players right now.  There will be.

Exactly.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(This post was last modified: 09-07-2014, 07:43 PM by rollerjag.)

I'm not discouraged because the things that went wrong were fixable. Prozinski blew a coverage, the defense got caught off guard and did not call a timeout. Take away those 2 mental errors, there's 14 points back and it's a close ball game. The defense played well overall, as did the young receivers.

The arrow is pointing up.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:I'm not discouraged because the things that went wrong were fixable. Prozinski blew a coverage, the defense got caught off guard and did not call a timeout. Take away those 2 mental errors, there's 14 points back and it's a close ball game. The defense played well overall, as did the young receivers.

The arrow is pointing up.
exactly..only reason it hurts is because you shouldn't loose after being up 17. Still lots of progress and i,think we stand a good chance to win next week.

I'm not discouraged either, good times are ahead and this team is green and will have growing pains.  The 2nd half was disheartening but they'll get better. Sticking with Henne is also disheartening and I can't wait until we finally get the change.

Quote:Man, that game got me real bad. I went into it expecting us to lose by double digits but the first half really gave me hope and I felt good. After the second half I feel so bad.

I'm just trying to take the positives out of it now, the D-line is good, Hurns looked really good and the pass protection wasn't too bad.

But damn, that sucks Sad
I don't think it's worth seeing the positives until the Coaching staff makes the right calls to win games.  Fisch called a pretty poor game the last 3 quarters.  Nearly no aggressive calls at all.  He took hit foot off the gas pedal.  And I'm super disappointed in Gus.  I'm not sure how much longer you can truly believe that BB is not a better option than Henne.  Henne's potential and performance are equal.  BB can play about as well as Henne but has much more potential to be higher caliber.

Quote:I'm not discouraged either, good times are ahead and this team is green and will have growing pains.  The 2nd half was disheartening but they'll get better. Sticking with Henne is also disheartening and I can't wait until we finally get the change.
That is what is discouarging...Gus doesn't have the guts to change QBs to win.  The great coaches do what it takes to win, even if it's a tough decision.

In the sense that things seemed to be clicking so well in the first half. Then well, we forgot there was another half of the game. I realize we don't have Pro Bowl caliber back-up players but still the game felt out of reach when we were still ahead. It just spiraled out of control.

No pain, no gain.

I hate losing games we should've won, so yeah this one sucks.
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

As I posted in the first half thread before the game....we are going to see flashes of what we are going to become. This is a young team. We will shore up our offensive line in FA and in the draft. The defense is so much improved this year. I think we saw how losing Cyp affected the defense. As I see it....all arrows are pointing up.

ya im sad, but its over.  we saw some good things.  time to move on

these first two games are pretty much test runs for us.  NFC opponents are not our competition.  We will beat the Colts.

(This post was last modified: 09-07-2014, 09:09 PM by The_Anchorman.)

Quote:ya im sad, but its over.  we saw some good things.  time to move on

these first two games are pretty much test runs for us.  NFC opponents are not our competition.  We will beat the Colts.

Seriously, if our D plays like this througout and Bortles comes in with an O-Line that is function-able (which they almost are), we can make a run.  I'm slowly thinking this...  

Seriously, the D was legit today.  If this is what we are on the defensive side of the ball, meaning this wasn't just an abberation, we could be serious contenders.

This is provided Bortles comes in and provides the type of QB play he was showing in the pre-season...  Which I think we're all hoping continues.  

Look, I get the point that we "won the first half" and were competitive for a good portion of the game at least, but does anyone else feel like it would almost be better or not suck as much for the team to just fall behind early rather than get our hopes up and troll us in the second half when they come out flat?

Quote:That is what is discouarging...Gus doesn't have the guts to change QBs to win.  The great coaches do what it takes to win, even if it's a tough decision.

I disagree with this point.  It takes ZERO guts for Bradley to bench Henne and play Bortles.  Bradley has guts to keep with Henne.  Do I think we should play Bortles?  Yes, like a majority of fans.  It takes guts to go against popular belief...not with it.

One of these years.............

But damn, that sucks Sad

The team played fantastic in the first half, but to be fair the Eagles especially on offense didnt play their best which is why the Jaguars did look so great.   At the half Chip Kelly and his staff coached up the players and rejuvenated them.  I felt that Jonathan Cyprien's injury had a HUGE impact in the game!  The Defense did not play the same after that had occured.  The Offense played horrible, even in the first half with the exception of a few good throws by Chad Henne & fantastic catches by Hurns.   The Eagles on a few occasions had Hurns tripled covered, and the other receivers didnt step up especially Lewis (whom said nobody could cover him, well he did get open a few times but droped the ball).