Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
cyprien

Quote:I hope he's ok.

Gotta give the man credit, as he seemed to be playing well up to that point.
Once he left, seemed like the defensive energy fizzled. Mine did too when Proz came in
No commercial messages in sigs

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Poz/Cyp leave game, boom goes 40 yd run

When Cyp got hurt is when our defense fell apart.

Quote:Poz/Cyp leave game, boom goes 40 yd run

Yes......huge momentum shift.....we'd just stopped them on 3rd down.......game changer right there

Quote:I hope he's ok. 

Gotta give the man credit, as he seemed to be playing well up to that point. 

What's even more staggering is how we gave up 3 touchdowns right down the middle of the field with Cyprien not back there.

I think he single-handedly would have stopped at least 2 of them as they were just mental errors from other people while he was out....

(not saying we would've kept the shutout, but we would have made it a much better game in the 2nd half with Cyprien back there)

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Losing him changed the game.

Glad he got up but have to think he misses at least next week.

Quote:Losing him changed the game.

Glad he got up but have to think he misses at least next week.

Butbutbut Heeny...

The defense certainly wasn't the same without him.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

If Cyprien can continue to play that well like he did today, I'll gladly change my tune about him. 

Quote:Butbutbut Heeny...

The defense certainly wasn't the same without him.

Henne didn't help his case either.

He (at least in part) mismanaged the clock about 3-4 times and had to call time out repeatedly.

He couldn't keep a single drive going to stop Philly's momentum, with a number of errant passes and tipped balls.

He is very much a big reason for the loss.  Not saying he is THE reason, but he is one reason.  Without the defense giving us great field position to score a couple of time, this team would once again be held to less than 10 points.  

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:If Cyprien can continue to play that well like he did today, I'll gladly change my tune about him.

All he did was continue his strong play from the second half of last year.

Quote:All he did was continue his strong play from the second half of last year.

To me that defense had a different look in that first half with Cyprien in there than it did in the 2nd half of last year. What I saw today was better. 

The other 3 safeties on the roster are honestly pretty bad. Without Cyp the unit really got exposed. 

Quote:If Cyprien can continue to play that well like he did today, I'll gladly change my tune about him. 

Why haven't you already changed your tune now that you know how important he is to the defense?

Sometimes you don't realize how important something is until you lose it. That is what happened today with Cyprien.

Quote:Why haven't you already changed your tune now that you know how important he is to the defense?

Sometimes you don't realize how important something is until you lose it. That is what happened today with Cyprien.

Quote:To me that defense had a different look in that first half with Cyprien in there than it did in the 2nd half of last year. What I saw today was better. 
Are you two related?

No one is safe.

Quote:The other 3 safeties on the roster are honestly pretty bad. Without Cyp the unit really got exposed. 

I knew Chris Prosinski is awful, but was not sure about Josh Evans. Who is the third safety?

Quote:The other 3 safeties on the roster are honestly pretty bad. Without Cyp the unit really got exposed.
Guy makes some plays too but he's overly aggressive.

Quote:Are you two related?

LOL Actually for a long time I thought TMD is not really a Jaguars fan. Now I can tell he is just a very critical one.

Quote:Guy makes some plays too but he's overly aggressive.

That is a better problem to have than being underly aggressive.

From being in the stadium I thought he got the wind knocked out of him, they showed the replay and I thought the impact of his head hitting the ground was minimal at best.

When he left, Philly instantly attacked that side of the defense.

Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

Quote:From being in the stadium I thought he got the wind knocked out of him, they showed the replay and I thought the impact of his head hitting the ground was minimal at best.

When he left, Philly instantly attacked that side of the defense.

Anaytime the head hits the ground like that, it is a very hard impact. The way he was lying with his arms spread out like wings also was a giveaway he did not just get the wind knocked out.