Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
AR 15

Quote:I was being sarcastic, try reading harder next time!
Clearly I hadn't made it past the first post yet. Some things just demand an immediate response. Wink

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Why on God's green Earth would Robinson be fined for changing his number? Because it creates an obscure reference to an assault rifle? Try harder next time.

First of all, do you even know if Allen Robinson wanted #15 because of his initials? Other players with different initials like the number 15, so that could be just a coincidence.

But assuming he did want #15 because of his name, that change gives us one more reason to call Blake Bortles the B2 Bomber.

I'm part of the anti-teen-number movement for receivers.

Stick to the 80s!

I normally just read this board, but damn, I just have to say this thread is so full of win

[Image: JAGSSIG.jpg]

Pretty soon the AFC South will have a movement to ban all assault weapons-- This will include not just AR-15's, but also Shorts ranged missles, improvised explosive devises made from Shoelaces, and long range delivery packages employed by BB5 Bombers!

Quote:That'd be a popular nickname here in Texas.

Excited to see A - Rob get on the field.
Pretty popular here, too.  I'm kinda diggin' "The Bushmaster", though it's probably a little too PI.

Kaishakunin for hire.

* (disclaimer) If you think I'm serious, hit yourself in the face w/ a hammer.

The Gus Bus

[Image: header.png]

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:I was being sarcastic, try reading harder next time!
wow they are a testy, stuck-up bunch, aren't they?

i gotcha bro

im digging it

(This post was last modified: 09-01-2014, 03:16 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote:I'm part of the anti-teen-number movement for receivers.

Stick to the 80s!

Pretty much every WR we have had that has chosen a number in the teens has been either a flop on the field, injury case or had off field problems. 

11 Mike Sims Walker

11 Reggie Williams

18 Matt Jones

14 Justin Blackmon (sspd)

18 Ace Sanders (sspd)

19 Ernest Wilford

am I forgetting any?

Quote:Pretty much every WR we have had that has chosen a number in the teens has been either a flop on the field or had off field problems. 

11 Mike Sims Walker

11 Reggie Williams

18 Matt Jones

14 Justin Blackmon (sspd)

18 Ace Sanders (sspd)

19 Ernest Wilford

am I forgetting any?
19  Tiquan Underwood

16  Nate Hughes

Quote:19  Tiquan Underwood

16  Nate Hughes

How about John Broussard? He also had a number in the teens, right?

Quote:"A" and "R" are both letters so it is impossible for "AR15" to be a number.

Get out of here with this crap.

Robinson is actually just using an algebraic formula for his number.  In this case, A is the number of assists he will have on his basketball team and R is the number of rebounds.  At the end of the season, we'll plug in those values for the variables and will finally know what number Robinson is using this year. 

I'm 91% sure this is correct.

(This post was last modified: 09-01-2014, 04:19 PM by Scarecrow.)

Mike Thomas, Dennis Northcutt, Willie Jackson, Jason Hill, Troy Edwards, Jarett Dillard, RJ Soward.

Also add Alvis Whitted, Laurent Robinson, Troy Williamson, Reggie Barlow (not good as a WR but better as a returner) to the list.

Quote:Mike Thomas, Dennis Northcutt, Willie Jackson, Jason Hill, Troy Edwards, Jarett Dillard, RJ Soward.

Thats cool. 

Now name the Jags WR that chose teen numbers that actually had successful careers here. 

Hint: here's that number : 0

And theres been no shortage of participants...

As said, numbers don't guarantee anything, but pissing into the wind is stupid. 

Theres some bad mojo with the Jags WR wearing the teen numbers. 

Quote:Thats cool. 

Now name the Jags WR that chose teen numbers that actually had successful careers here. 

Hint: here's that number : 0

And theres been no shortage of participants...

As said, numbers don't guarantee anything, but [BAD WORD REMOVED] into the wind is stupid. 

Theres some bad mojo with the Jags WR wearing the teen numbers. 

Do the Jaguars WR's that wore teen numbers, as a whole, lack talent?  Yes or no.

a players number cannot affect their performance whatsoever. 

Quote:Do the Jaguars WR's that wore teen numbers, as a whole, lack talent?  Yes or no.

Reggie Williams and Blackmon were drafted top 10. 

Walker was a 3rd round guy. 

If you want to claim that some of the guys like Mike Brown and Kerry Taylor's of the world lack talent....fine....

Quote:a players number cannot affect their performance whatsoever. 

No one said it "guaranteed" anything. I specifically made that point several times. 

Quote:a players number cannot affect their performance whatsoever.
Please end this thread right now.

This is all we need to say about this nonsense.

The fact that grown men can believe a number actually affects something is quite embarrassing.
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>