Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguars release first depth chart

Not surprised about the O-line if thats the case.

Linder is still a rook and Bowanko is just a guy until he proves otherwise. I might expect Linder to move up by the middle or late preseason games but for right now they are going with more XP on the o-line. If Bortles has to come in during the regular season id much rather it be behind a semi veteran line especially on the interior which will be the case barring Linder and Bowanko playing lights out.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Prosinski is a good special teamer who is competing against undrafted players for the backup strong safety job. People hate to hear it, but he has a decent chance of returning.

Quote:Not surprised about the O-line if thats the case.

Linder is still a rook and Bowanko is just a guy until he proves otherwise. I might expect Linder to move up by the middle or late preseason games but for right now they are going with more XP on the o-line. If Bortles has to come in during the regular season id much rather it be behind a semi veteran line especially on the interior which will be the case barring Linder and Bowanko playing lights out.
Linder is also banged up right now.  I think that may be the larger determining factor in McClendon's positioning on the chart at the moment. 

Just a hunch. 

Quote:This just in some website has posted what it thinks the Jaguars Depth Chart will be see the 100 links below...

Smile

Waiting for Gus Bradley's chart on Jaguars.com....
To be fair - it was a chart released to the press by the jaguars. Although still unofficial.

Nonetheless -  I've yet to see the actual chart.  :unsure:

Depth chart means nothing until 9/7.

Until then, it's something cool to look at.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

I wish i saw an actual chart instead of just a few words about some "surprises" and what not.

Quote:I wish i saw an actual chart instead of just a few words about some "surprises" and what not.

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.jaguars.com/team/depth-chart.html'>http://www.jaguars.com/team/depth-chart.html</a>

Quote:<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.jaguars.com/team/depth-chart.html'>http://www.jaguars.com/team/depth-chart.html</a>

Thanks
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Why isn't Dakota Watson on the chart anywhere?

(This post was last modified: 08-04-2014, 03:50 PM by InmanRoshi.)

Quote:Prosinski is a good special teamer who is competing against undrafted players for the backup strong safety job. People hate to hear it, but he has a decent chance of returning.

Every team in the league has a special teams ace backup safety who they hope never has to see significant playing time on defense,  but at the very least should carry out his assignments and provide last line of defense tackling when called upon.   And every team's fans hate that player.  

Quote:Why isn't Dakota Watson on the chart anywhere?

Because he is on the PUP list.

Was hoping Rashaad Reynolds would make the team but apparently he has a lot of work to do! Surprised to see Willy T ahead of Ewing

(This post was last modified: 08-04-2014, 04:12 PM by knarnn.)

Quote:Was hoping Rashaad Reynolds would make the team but apparently he has a lot of work to do! Surprised to see Willy T ahead of Ewing

Not if you listened to Lageman last week.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Overall, the roster looks to be improved. Dline for sure. I like Loston over Prosinski at some point, he's more suited for our SS spot (even if as a backup). But would like to see him throughout preseason.

No one is safe.

(This post was last modified: 08-04-2014, 05:22 PM by BritishJag.)

On paper that D looks very good.

Here is the depth chart in an image anyway:

[Image: JDUcUYi.png]

Something fairly interesting to think about is who goes away if Ace comes back week five?  

Kerry Taylor?  Hurns?  Brown?  

Might be interesting - especially if Blackmon or Taylor have any success returning punts.  (or Doss gets healthy and has some good returns)

Because he got cut. 

PUP listed

Quote:Every team in the league has a special teams ace backup safety who they hope never has to see significant playing time on defense,  but at the very least should carry out his assignments and provide last line of defense tackling when called upon.   And every team's fans hate that player.  
Sean Considine's still on the roster?!?!  :teehee:

Championship Formula:

1) Draft Trevor Lawrence!
2) Play good physical Defense! 
3) Keep 91% of the roster healthy!
4) ???
5) Blank #2
6) CHAMPIONSHIP!!!

[quote name="BritishJag" post="244742" timestamp="1407187103"]

On paper that D looks very good.

That's what she said..