Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguars release first depth chart

(This post was last modified: 08-04-2014, 03:21 PM by knarnn.)

http://www.jaguars.com/team/depth-chart.html

Interesting things happening at the safety positions and the offensive lines.

Edit: link updated
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:http://www.jaguars.com/team/depth-chart.html

Maybe it's my cookies, but I've got MJD at RB and Blaine Gabbert as the #2 QB on my page.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

Quote:Maybe it's my cookies, but I've got MJD at RB and Blaine Gabbert as the #2 QB on my page.

Not just you

Quote:http://www.jaguars.com/team/depth-chart.html

That link sent me to an old depth chart that still had Gabbert on it, amongst others....

Try this:

http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2014/8/4/59...chart-2014
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Some people are surprised by Jacques McClendon being listed as a starter. But he was a starter late last year and played well. He has been running with the first team and guard and center this camp. 

Well done Andre Branch getting the primary backup spot so far.

Also Josh Evans falling down the depth chart is no surprise.

(This post was last modified: 08-04-2014, 12:12 PM by Shack Del Rio.)

It looks like they are not handing anything to the rookies.

Ryan Davis is ahead of Chris Smith. And as one of the local writers pointed out. Chris Prosinski is ahead of Craig Loston on the depth chart but Loston has seen more action in camp.

Prosinski.. ugh.
Only a chump boos the home team!

Quote:It looks like they are not handing anything to the rookies.

as it should be. 

I know this is a different method than a certain head clown used to operate, but its the right way. 

I dont see a depth chart in that link.  Just a brief report about it as though the writer had seen it.

Anyways I'm always surprised at how easily people dismiss Prosinski.  I know nobody here likes him.  But he is very athletic and he is a good special teamer.  Those are valuable commodities in the NFL.  I dont think he is a lock to make the team but I dont think he is an obvious casualty either.  

Last offseason I kept saying there was no way they'd let him go.  A guy who grew up in a small town in Wyoming.  Then played at Wyoming.  Before coming here.  He had clearly never had great coaching his entire football career.  And with his athleticism and raw talent, no way a new coach like Bradley would want to give up the chance to try to turn him into a better player.  Its a year later and if they dont like the progress Prosinski has made in that year, or they like the potential of the younger players better, than I think he could very well be let go.  But I dont think its a lock either.

(This post was last modified: 08-04-2014, 12:32 PM by InmanRoshi.)

Guy has been running with the 1s since OTAs. 

As far as prosinski goes, He has an opportunity much like Andre Branch to show he can improve with a way better coach than we've had the last decade. I personally don't believe it'll happen but he has found a place as a special teams star. I think he'll stick around until a rookie emerges 

Quote:I dont see a depth chart in that link.  Just a brief report about it as though the writer had seen it.

same all i see is a write up no depth chart

Quote:I dont see a depth chart in that link.  Just a brief report about it as though the writer had seen it.

This  ^

(This post was last modified: 08-04-2014, 01:06 PM by knarnn.)

Quote:same all i see is a write up no depth chart
I've checked all the news sites. They all say unofficial depth chart so it may have just been passed around to the reporters today. I assume we'll have something more concrete before Friday's game. Here's another link providing some tidbits:

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://m.jacksonville.com/opinion/blog/400642/hays-carlyon/2014-08-04/jaguars-safety-josh-evans-appears-be-falling-down-depth#gsc.tab=0'>http://m.jacksonville.com/opinion/blog/400642/hays-carlyon/2014-08-04/jaguars-safety-josh-evans-appears-be-falling-down-depth#gsc.tab=0</a>

Quote:Evans might be fighting for a place on the final roster. He recorded 54 tackles last season in 15 games, but did not intercept a pass and was credited with one pass breakup.

The Jaguars took Evans, a former Florida standout, in the sixth round last year. Evans has battled a foot injury all offseason and started training camp on a limited basis in practice.

Guy started two games for the Jaguars last season. He is entering his third year in the league.

Martin started 36 games with Carolina in four seasons before missing all of last season with a knee injury.

At the other safety spot, Chris Prosinski is listed as the backup behind Johnathan Cyprien.

Here are some other tidbits:

-Jacques McClendon is listed as the starter at right guard, ahead of rookie Brandon Linder.

-Veteran cornerback Mike Harris is listed as the fourth-string left corner behind Jeremy Harris.

-Jordan Todman is listed as the backup running back behind Toby Gerhart, with Denard Robinson and Storm Johnson following.

-The top six receivers appear to be: Cecil Shorts, Marqise Lee, Allen Robinson, Mike Brown, Kerry Taylor and Allen Hurns.

(This post was last modified: 08-04-2014, 12:57 PM by haveaseat.)

Damn Prosinski!

(This post was last modified: 08-04-2014, 12:52 PM by InmanRoshi.)

Jags just sent out a press release with the depth chart.    BCC just hit upon a few highlights to get it out there first.   If the official site doesn't put it up, I'm sure BCC or someone else will eventually put out the whole thing in time.  

corn

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

This just in some website has posted what it thinks the Jaguars Depth Chart will be see the 100 links below...

Smile

Waiting for Gus Bradley's chart on Jaguars.com....