Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguars make roster moves.

Quote:I'd do it. It's not much to lose if he doesn't pan out and a lot to gain if he does.

Sorta my line of thinking. Pretty low risk that deep down the depth chart.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Gotta question how much his head is in it at this point, no? If going to a team that has legit opportunity to get to the conference title game doesn't bring it out of him, what will coming to a rebuilding squad do?
Only a chump boos the home team!

Quote:David Carter was a nice little player with the Cardinals,  even started a few regular season for them.  He's a scrapper 2 gapper who has flashed a little get off at times when allowed to work a shoulder.   Ziggy Hood might want to get it in gear.    Heard he's been a little bit of a dud so far.  
I'm not sure how ANYONE on either line could be categorized as a "little bit of a dud so far" when the level of contact is so restricted in these practices. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:Gotta question how much his head is in it at this point, no? If going to a team that has legit opportunity to get to the conference title game doesn't bring it out of him, what will coming to a rebuilding squad do?
It depends on whether or not he's buying into what the coaches are preaching.  We haven't seen many guys struggling with motivation under Gus' tutelage. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

The way I see it in regard to Baldwin is that the roster spot he'd be occupying would go to a UDFA or journeyman with a long shot of making the final 53. He's still young and has the physical tools to succeed.

In addition I can't think of a WR the 49ers have developed in recent years under their current WR coach other than Crabtree.

(This post was last modified: 08-04-2014, 11:50 AM by InmanRoshi.)

Quote:I'm not sure how ANYONE on either line could be categorized as a "little bit of a dud so far" when the level of contact is so restricted in these practices. 

People actually believe linemen don't  start hitting for the first time until the first preseason game?    While the contact is restricted on  skill positions as far as tackling and hitting the QB, the lineman are still doing full contact drills and doing what they do to get ready for the season.  You can't prepare and evaluate them any other way.   And even on drills you can evaluate explosion off the snap, hand usage and the ability to get off blocks.  

<b>6:52 PM:</b> The defensive line has been a welcome surprise this offseason, but Brian Sexton is right... Ziggy Hood hasn't shown much.

<div><span style="font-size:14px;font-weight:bold;color:rgb(41,47,51);">Big Cat Country </span>@BigCatCountry
</div>

.@JagsVoice on the live stream talking about how DT Abry Jones has been a surprise in this year’s camp. Been very, very good.

<div><span style="font-size:16px;font-weight:bold;color:rgb(41,47,51);">Big Cat Country </span>@BigCatCountrylow
</div>

<p style="font-size:18px;">Conversely, @JagsVoice is saying DT Ziggy Hood hasn’t shown much in camp. Been a bit of a disappointment.

<p style="font-size:18px;"> 

<p style="font-size:18px;">Something tells me Brian Sexton is probably regurgitating a voice inside the building, considering he's around those voices all day long, and it's his job to be the intermediary between the organization and the fans.  

If that is the case moving forward ..bye bye Ziggy.

Quote:If that is the case moving forward ..bye bye Ziggy.

Before the first preseason game. Good idea.

Quote:Before the first preseason game. Good idea.

Talk about overreaction.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(This post was last modified: 08-04-2014, 12:27 PM by InmanRoshi.)

Abry Jones could be an UFA gem.   He was given a 3rd round grade by the NFL advisory board after his junior year at Georgia.   He came back for his Senior year and missed most of the year with an ankle injury.  

Quote: 

People actually believe linemen don't  start hitting for the first time until the first preseason game?    While the contact is restricted on  skill positions as far as tackling and hitting the QB, the lineman are still doing full contact drills and doing what they do to get ready for the season.  You can't prepare and evaluate them any other way.   And even on drills you can evaluate explosion off the snap, hand usage and the ability to get off blocks.  

<b>6:52 PM:</b> The defensive line has been a welcome surprise this offseason, but Brian Sexton is right... Ziggy Hood hasn't shown much.

<div style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Roboto, 'Segoe UI', Calibri, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(246,246,246);">
<div><span style="font-size:14px;font-weight:bold;color:rgb(41,47,51);">Big Cat Country </span>@BigCatCountry
</div>

.@JagsVoice on the live stream talking about how DT Abry Jones has been a surprise in this year’s camp. Been very, very good.

<div><span style="font-size:16px;font-weight:bold;color:rgb(41,47,51);">Big Cat Country </span>@BigCatCountrylow
</div>

<p style="font-size:18px;">Conversely, @JagsVoice is saying DT Ziggy Hood hasn’t shown much in camp. Been a bit of a disappointment.

<p style="font-size:18px;"> 

<p style="font-size:18px;">Something tells me Brian Sexton is probably regurgitating a voice inside the building, considering he's around those voices all day long, and it's his job to be the intermediary between the organization and the fans.  

</div>
I think any evaluation of any player, especially on either lines, is going to be tempered by the fact that these practices are limited.  I've been to enough training camp practices to know what the routine is, and I'm aware there's contact, but you're still dealing with players in a practice environment vs. a game situation.  Labeling any player a disappointment before the first real snap is ridiculous. 

maybe ziggy is taking a paid vacation as well

(This post was last modified: 08-04-2014, 12:56 PM by InmanRoshi.)

Quote:I think any evaluation of any player, especially on either lines, is going to be tempered by the fact that these practices are limited.  I've been to enough training camp practices to know what the routine is, and I'm aware there's contact, but you're still dealing with players in a practice environment vs. a game situation.  Labeling any player a disappointment before the first real snap is ridiculous. 

Maybe from a fan's perspective the DL are just horsing around and biding time until the first preseason game.   I assure you the coaches take these practices very seriously, and spend hours every day breaking down the film of these drills evaluating the players.