Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jaguars make roster moves.

Quote:The Jacksonville Jaguars today signed rookie wide receiver <b>Kenny Shaw</b>, third-year defensive tackle <b>David Carter</b> and fifth-year linebacker <b>Josh Hull</b>.  The club waived/injured defensive tackle <b><a class="" href='http://www.jaguars.com/team/roster/jordan-miller/6939055a-0446-44c3-8135-586bc80909c3/' title="Jordan Miller">Jordan Miller</a></b> (knee), linebacker <b><a class="" href='http://www.jaguars.com/team/roster/john-lotulelei/1841cf9d-d359-4822-8db5-e4f74595a8eb/' title="John Lotulelei">John Lotulelei</a></b> (knee) and wide receiver <b><a class="" href='http://www.jaguars.com/team/roster/damian-copeland/39be5b80-1808-40ca-b2b5-71fe76796e10/' title="Damian Copeland">Damian Copeland</a></b> (wrist).

http://www.jaguars.com/news/article-Jagu...3366fed3ed

;

;

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

The Browns already cut him. Hmmm...

Shaw will wear #4. Surprised they didnt take that out of the rotation after Todd Bouman.
;

;

Camp starts claiming casualties. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

How serious was John Lotulelei's injury?  I thought he offered some potential as a special teamer and a backup LB.

Respect the game.  Play with a sense of urgency. 

1.)  Take care of the ball.  Win the turnover battle.

2.)  It's all about 3rd down.  Win on 3rd down to win the game.

3.) Playmakers make plays.  The only reason that you put your uniform on is to make plays. In order to EARN your paycheck, you must make plays.  

Learn from the great collapse of 2023.  

(This post was last modified: 08-02-2014, 03:00 PM by Kotite.)

Quote:The Browns already cut him. Hmmm...
yeah, but they didn't have Gus juice. (I don't expect Shaw to make the team)
Only a chump boos the home team!

How bad is Copeland's wrist?
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Wonder how long Shaw will last?

Quote:How bad is Copeland's wrist?
Evidently it's bad enough they feel comfortable with releasing him now. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

If Shaw makes the team it will be primarily as a punt returner. With Ace Sanders out that spot is wide open.

Quote:Evidently it's bad enough they feel comfortable with releasing him now. 
If I read that correctly, all 3 were waived injured, so if they clear waivers, they can be placed on IR and retained, no?

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Shaw is pretty raw.
Only a chump boos the home team!

Kenny shaw is raw haha fsu fans know about that but he will be brought in for punt return duties till doss comes back... Has solid hands and great toughness for his size

I heard that he needs surgery immediately and he's done for at least this year.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:Kenny shaw is raw haha fsu fans know about that but he will be brought in for punt return duties till doss comes back... Has solid hands and great toughness for his size

Quote:If Shaw makes the team it will be primarily as a punt returner. With Ace Sanders out that spot is wide open.

What are you talking about? I don't want Fair Catch Shaw as PR. I'd rather have someone back there who can attempt to run after catching it. Put anyone back there to see what they can do, you know Shaw is going to fair catch it, so try some others out.

Quote:If I read that correctly, all 3 were waived injured, so if they clear waivers, they can be placed on IR and retained, no?
Correct.

So probably a dumb thought (that's how I do) but any chance they put a claim in on Baldwin and see if Sully can do his magic with him?

Quote:So probably a dumb thought (that's how I do) but any chance they put a claim in on Baldwin and see if Sully can do his magic with him?

I'd do it. It's not much to lose if he doesn't pan out and a lot to gain if he does.

Yawn, not really earth shattering news is it?

(This post was last modified: 08-04-2014, 09:28 AM by InmanRoshi.)

David Carter was a nice little player with the Cardinals,  even started a few regular season for them.  He's a scrapper 2 gapper who has flashed a little get off at times when allowed to work a shoulder.   Ziggy Hood might want to get it in gear.    Heard he's been a little bit of a dud so far, and the Jags really don't have much invested in him.