Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Big Brother 2014

Quote:I never understood why people get home from a day of reality and want to watch more of it on television.
Big Brother is far from reality.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Big Brother is far from reality.

I said this 15 minutes before you did...just saying.

Quote:I said this 15 minutes before you did...just saying.
Youg knowf they drill!

;

I watched it for like minutes years ago when it first started, realized it was rubbish and never watched again. 

Quote:I watched it for like minutes years ago when it first started, realized it was rubbish and never watched again. 

Shocker.

Boring people being jerks to one another.  Sounds like reality to me. 

Quote:Boring people being jerks to one another.  Sounds like reality to me. 
If you're reality is half of what goes on in the Big Brother house then I feel really sorry for you.

;

Quote:If you're reality is half of what goes on in the Big Brother house then I feel really sorry for you.

Not my reality.  But if you're watching the show, doesn't it becomes YOUR reality.   MUUHUUHUUHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!

(wait a minute, isn't reality just one thing)

Quote:Not my reality.  But if you're watching the show, doesn't it becomes YOUR reality.   MUUHUUHUUHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!

(wait a minute, isn't reality just one thing)
Definitley hasn't become my reality, or come close to it.

Reality is just one thing. Reality TV and Reality are completely different, all of them. BB in particular as it is a game show in a reality TV setting.

;

Quote:Definitley hasn't become my reality, or come close to it.

Reality is just one thing. Reality TV and Reality are completely different, all of them. BB in particular as it is a game show in a reality TV setting.

After the show is done, everyone in it still exists.  They have birth certificates, driver's licenses, families.  People get put in contrived situations for a while to see how they react, and then they go home.  I remember when the Office was huge, and I couldn't stand that either.  Don't wan't to see ordinary people.  Don't want shows about ordinary things.  Don't want to relate to it.  I want to be as far removed as possible.  Just my preference.  

Doctor Will and Mike Boogie are Gods among men.

Quote:After the show is done, everyone in it still exists.  They have birth certificates, driver's licenses, families.  People get put in contrived situations for a while to see how they react, and then they go home.  I remember when the Office was huge, and I couldn't stand that either.  Don't wan't to see ordinary people.  Don't want shows about ordinary things.  Don't want to relate to it.  I want to be as far removed as possible.  Just my preference.  
For really disliking a show you sure have a decent knowledge about it. Enough to come onto a thread and post multiple times about it. Not sure why people do that either. For someone who wants to be far removed as possible, you are doing a bad job doing it.

And for the record, the show is far from ordinary people, or things. I'd venture to guess that 99% or more of those who watch it can not relate to it either. Why? Because people don't live in a vacuum where foods, interactions, where people sleep, sometimes when they sleep etc., etc., etc..... are all set up for the sake of a game. So no, ordinary it is not. Far from it in fact.

;

Quote:Doctor Will and Mike Boogie are Gods among men.
Ha, just a couple of the "Ordinary" guys from the show.

;

Quote:For really disliking a show you sure have a decent knowledge about it. Enough to come onto a thread and post multiple times about it. Not sure why people do that either. For someone who wants to be far removed as possible, you are doing a bad job doing it.

And for the record, the show is far from ordinary people, or things. I'd venture to guess that 99% or more of those who watch it can not relate to it either. Why? Because people don't live in a vacuum where foods, interactions, where people sleep, sometimes when they sleep etc., etc., etc..... are all set up for the sake of a game. So no, ordinary it is not. Far from it in fact.

I have watched reality shows in the past, some I liked. They are all the same concept. It got old.

The funny thing is I honestly don't remember clicking on this thread in the first place. I had to scroll up to see that it was about Big Brother.

I get what you guys are saying. But your context is all over the place. This is a message board, not television. And I never said the show resembles real life. And I never even said I disliked it (being that I don't watch it).

As for using the word ordinary, I meant as not a fictional character. Networks will put on then show whoever will get the best ratings. Maybe the cast are some of the most interesting people ever (or maybe I've seen their act before).

Quote:I have watched reality shows in the past, some I liked. They are all the same concept. It got old.

The funny thing is I honestly don't remember clicking on this thread in the first place. I had to scroll up to see that it was about Big Brother.

I get what you guys are saying. But your context is all over the place. This is a message board, not television. And I never said the show resembles real life. And I never even said I disliked it (being that I don't watch it).

As for using the word ordinary, I meant as not a fictional character. Networks will put on then show whoever will get the best ratings. Maybe the cast are some of the most interesting people ever (or maybe I've seen their act before).
You have a weird way of distancing yourself.

;

I can honestly say that I've never watched any more than a couple of minutes of ANY 'reality' show.

I don't get the attraction.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Back on topic, I don't know names except the guy Devin who is the most hypocritical person of the bunch. 

It's all about the team!  Turns on the team.

Gets upset at a guy falling in love in the house.  Falls in love in the house.

Has "alliance" members joining without telling the rest of the alliance.

Tells someone he wont nominate them, nominates them.

The guy is crazy and thinks he's 100% normal.  He may be totally different outside of the house, but he's super paranoid.

I didnt even know BB was still airing. I may take a look.

Does anyone know if Survivor, Real World and Road Rules still air?

Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

Quote:I didnt even know BB was still airing. I may take a look.

Does anyone know if Survivor, Real World and Road Rules still air?
Are you serious?  Survivor is on basically twice a year.  I've never missed a season.

I think Real World may still be on....my wife I think catches it occasionally, but its terrible.  They've replaced Road Rules with a competition like show where its all old Real World/Road Rules people (with some newbies mixed in for posture).  It's not bad and I like the competition aspect of it, but when you have 35-45 year olds on the show acting like they are 18, it can be a bit much.  Maturity wise, the challenges make Big Brother look extremely mature.

(This post was last modified: 07-17-2014, 10:05 AM by Jamies_fried_chicken.)

Quote:Are you serious?  Survivor is on basically twice a year.  I've never missed a season.

I think Real World may still be on....my wife I think catches it occasionally, but its terrible.  They've replaced Road Rules with a competition like show where its all old Real World/Road Rules people (with some newbies mixed in for posture).  It's not bad and I like the competition aspect of it, but when you have 35-45 year olds on the show acting like they are 18, it can be a bit much.  Maturity wise, the challenges make Big Brother look extremely mature.

I think for me the newness of Survivor wore off, but I still maintained a interest especially when celebrities would appear on the show.

Yeah I havent watched Real World since the Las Vegas season. I turn it on now and its nothing but a bunch of drunken college students who are bad reality actors, so I didnt know if the format changed, especially after one of the producers past away.

I will check out the new competition show. I like to tune in to watch the oldies compete against each other ie Eric Nies  :pirate: and Puck like its still 1994 or something.

Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.