Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Big Brother 2014

Any BB fans in here? My family loves it, and not just my wife and kids. Extends to parents, siblings etc.

I am having to hold of on Sunday's show and tomorrow's until Thursday when my wife gets back from Miami. Have a mini marathon capped with the live show at 8:00 I suppose. (After football practice, forgot).

Anyhow, I have thought that the start to this season has been one of the best yet. Devin helped make it that way with his personality/ies and his wanting such control. He made the huge alliance off the bat and things have been crazy ever since.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

The show is getting worse and worse by the year, imo.  They've gone from a good mix of demographics to all teens/mid 20 year olds and they are all full of immaturity and brashness.

It doesn't mean I wont watch it....it just means it wasnt as good as it was before.

(This post was last modified: 07-15-2014, 03:09 PM by knarnn.)

TBH I forgot this show was still around. I watched the first 5 or so seasons but after that It just started going down hill for me for the reasons cited above.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

The only reality show I would like to get a run at is Survivor.

I used to watch it religiously, but once they started bringing the same people back, over and over...I was over it!
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

I still watch and enjoy it. I do agree with some of the above post tho. Last season was straight trash. My favorite houseguest was Dan. I tend to like the more slick players like that. The cast from the last few seasons have been hit and miss in that department. IMO weather you love them or hate them you need those type of players to keep the game/show entertaining. This season has started off good to me tho.

Quote:I still watch and enjoy it. I do agree with some of the above post tho. Last season was straight trash. My favorite houseguest was Dan. I tend to like the more slick players like that. The cast from the last few seasons have been hit and miss in that department. IMO weather you love them or hate them you need those type of players to keep the game/show entertaining. This season has started off good to me tho.

It's just kind of the same thing every year it seems like....you get a group that forms way too early and ends up falling apart.  You have someone who thinks they are smarter than everyone else and thinks they can run the whole game, the house gets mad at them, and they are gone within a few weeks.  Boring players can sneak into the middle of the game/the last 5 or 6 there because nobody really cares about them.

I'm sure there is a lot more they don't show on camera, but CBS has a script they sort of want it to follow. 

That show is [BLEEP].

Quote:That show is [BLEEP].

That's a pretty offensive word to use in describing a television show.

Quote:That's a pretty offensive word to use in describing a television show.

Well he can't troll if he isn't at least a little offensive Diesel. Have a heart man!

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:The show is getting worse and worse by the year, imo. 

Wow.  This show started off bad and got worse? 

The older I get, the less I like it. 

[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

Quote:The older I get, the less I like it. 

This becomes more and more true the older you get, and I don't really like it. Just wait until most every music is too loud and you can't understand half of what people ten years younger than you are saying.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Quote:This becomes more and more true the older you get, and I don't really like it. Just wait until most every music is too loud and you can't understand half of what people ten years younger than you are saying.

Do you find yourself yelling a kids to get off your lawn too? Big Grin

Quote:Do you find yourself yelling a kids to get off your lawn too? Big Grin

I haven't gotten quite that old yet. Although the neighbors setting off fireworks at 3:00 am will get me ta yellin'.

Quote:Wow.  This show started off bad and got worse? 
Not in my opinion. The new things added this year really make the game interesting. Your HOH, but could eventually be put up. Nominating two sets of people to be put out, but one will eventually be safe. Good stuff in terms of the game. Drastically changes the strategy of the past.

TravC59, aka JacksJags. @TravC59 on Twitter
;
; "This is really good, you want a bite, Honey?"

Quote:Not in my opinion. The new things added this year really make the game interesting. Your HOH, but could eventually be put up. Nominating two sets of people to be put out, but one will eventually be safe. Good stuff in terms of the game. Drastically changes the strategy of the past.

I will give them that, the changes this year are much better than years past.  The "shocking" changes from previous years were pretty dumb.

Quote:Not in my opinion. The new things added this year really make the game interesting. Your HOH, but could eventually be put up. Nominating two sets of people to be put out, but one will eventually be safe. Good stuff in terms of the game. Drastically changes the strategy of the past.

I never understood why people get home from a day of reality and want to watch more of it on television.

Quote:I never understood why people get home from a day of reality and want to watch more of it on television.

Because most peoples "reality" isn't anything like what's being shown on tv.

Quote:I never understood why people get home from a day of reality and want to watch more of it on television.

That show is not reality.  It's an extended game show where the people have to live together.

If somebodys reality is any close to that game show, they couldnt stand it more than 6 months.