Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags could be the biggest turnaround story in the NFL in 2014?

Quote:Can we get a site admin to change someone's name to jagidontbelieve?

Why?  Because I look at things logically?  My point of view doesn't match up to yours?

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:You all are funny with your over-analyzing everything. It's really quite simple math: 2-14, 4-12, so 8-8 this year and 16-0 next year.

LOL.  I like your way of thinking and analyzing.  :thumbsup:

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote:LOL. I like your way of thinking and analyzing. :thumbsup:

Seriously, what's all the fuss about?!?

Quote:Fixed it for ya.

And then there's the polar opposite....
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:You all are funny with your over-analyzing everything. It's really quite simple math: 2-14, 4-12, so 8-8 this year and 16-0 next year.
HEY! You ripped off my sig!

I believe we will go 7-9 this year, playoffs next year and then SB 51 Champs the year after.  That's what I expect.

The wonderful thing about opinions is that everyone has one.......even sports writers etc. etc. That's what makes the world go round and the great thing about upcoming seasons is that everyone can be optimistic. if each and every player wasn't.......then they don't deserve to be on the roster to begin with. But, this year especially, it's not much of a stretch to think the JAGS have latched onto something potentially really special. There is an "air" of winning all around camp.............and that's where it all starts people. If they can get out of the blocks quickly and surprise a few teams, they just might find themselves having a big year. But, let's just relax, take a deep breath and see how this team develops. I for one am very excited about the upcoming season.......how bout you?

KC turning it around was expected. The 2-14 season was the unexpected year.

KC compares more to Houston than to us.

Quote:The point being what?  That it's feasible for the Jaguars to improve to .500?  Yes, he does lay that out and I'm a firm believer in that.  However, if I look at a team to be the "2014 Chiefs" I would be looking at a team that all of the sudden becomes a "team to beat" for a playoff bound team.

I just don't see the Jaguars "coming out of nowhere" and turning their record around as drastically as the Chiefs did.

And nowhere in the article did he predict they would.  What's so difficult to grasp here?

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:Can we get a site admin to change someone's name to jagidontbelieve?

lolololol

Anyone that thinks this isn't a huge stretch must be blind. Did you see the product on the field last year? It was the worst team we have ever had in Jacksonville.... The Bulls were better and would lay the smack down on last years Jaguars... They are far from winning 8 games... If they win 3 games in 2014, I will be surprised.

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

Just not seeing it with Henne at the helm.

Gotta love the off-season!

Quote:Anyone that thinks this isn't a huge stretch must be blind. Did you see the product on the field last year? It was the worst team we have ever had in Jacksonville.... The Bulls were better and would lay the smack down on last years Jaguars... They are far from winning 8 games... If they win 3 games in 2014, I will be surprised.

The first 8 games were nearly historically bad from a performance standpoint. For the Jags it was a perfect storm of new playbooks, young players, and an early QB carousel. The second half of the season was a clearer indicator of what this team really is. Some people are under an illusion that winning 4 out of 5 games in the second half last year was some kind of fluke. It wasn't, it was a factor of the players understanding of the new system and the coaches understanding the weaknesses and strengths of the roster coming together. What happened in the second half of the year is more indicative of what we'll see in 2014.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Quote:And nowhere in the article did he predict they would.  What's so difficult to grasp here?

Exactly, he said the Jaguars could be like the Chiefs, then went on to say he didn't actually mean be like the chiefs, he means the Jaguars will be marginally improved like a lot of other teams every season.

After that he said that chicken tastes like steak, then went on to say he didn't mean it tastes like steak, he meant it tastes like chicken with seasoning on it.

Quote:Exactly, he said the Jaguars could be like the Chiefs, then went on to say he didn't actually mean be like the chiefs, he means the Jaguars will be marginally improved like a lot of other teams every season.

After that he said that chicken tastes like steak, then went on to say he didn't mean it tastes like steak, he meant it tastes like chicken with seasoning on it.
He said the Jags could be like the Chiefs not in the sense of replicating their record but in the way they'll shock conventional wisdom. That's another way of saying that conventional wisdom is often wrong. I agree with this. Rebuilding is a process usually and the Jags have farther to go than KC had. I'll be really interested to hear how the doom and gloomers are going to try to spin 2014 in January.

The Chiefs were overrated last year, but I'd love to be in there shoes.

Quote:He said the Jags could be like the Chiefs not in the sense of replicating their record but in the way they'll shock conventional wisdom. That's another way of saying that conventional wisdom is often wrong. I agree with this. Rebuilding is a process usually and the Jags have farther to go than KC had. I'll be really interested to hear how the doom and gloomers are going to try to spin 2014 in January.

Who are the doom and gloomers? If you mean fans of other teams I doubt they'll be happy to see their competitors succeed over them. If you mean Jaguars fans I don't think we'll have a lot of anger if the Jaguars really do somehow make it to .500 or better and look good doing it.

Quote:Who are the doom and gloomers? If you mean fans of other teams I doubt they'll be happy to see their competitors succeed over them. If you mean Jaguars fans I don't think we'll have a lot of anger if the Jaguars really do somehow make it to .500 or better and look good doing it.

The doom and gloomers expect and are predicting this team to somehow be worse than last year's version. I don't know how anyone could reasonably expect that to be the case given what this front office did in their first year and during the off season.

Quote:The doom and gloomers expect and are predicting this team to somehow be worse than last year's version. I don't know how anyone could reasonably expect that to be the case given what this front office did in their first year and during the off season.

I can't recall seeing that opinion of anyone around here. It's hard to be worse than last year's roster.

Even with my tempered expectation I expect more out of the team this year.

Quote:I can't recall seeing that opinion of anyone around here. It's hard to be worse than last year's roster.

Even with my tempered expectation I expect more out of the team this year.

I've seen any number of predictions for a 3 or 4 win season around here. Given that our schedule is marginally weaker than last year, that would have to be considered a major disappointment.