Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bortles disappoints in minicamp after signing contract with the team

Quote:Learn from Henne? What, pray tell, is he going to 'learn from Henne'?

If he isn't starting the year, and I doubt he will be, it will be because he needs to work on mechanics. It has nothing to do with learning anything from Henne.

He'll learn a lot from Henne.

Don't throw the ball at the other team's DBs.

Don't throw the ball at the other team's d-linemen hands.

Don't crap your pants at the slightest hint of pressure to make a play.

This sums up Henne's ability to offer education to another QB pretty well:

[Image: mistakesdemotivator.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

So..... a 22 year old young man has 13 million deposited in his account and then throws a few errant passes at practice.

Human nature mandates that his mind be racing with the possibilities of his new found fortune. The fact that he could do more than walk around and giggle and smile like Enzyte Bob is a testament to his professionalism.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

So basically, it's the dead zone.  I'm waiting until training camp and preseason.

BUST!!!

[Image: Brunell_sig_zps13c33193.jpg]

Tank for Jameis?

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Don't care one iota for Mariota.

A young man signs a $20M deal and puts a $13M bonus check in the bank.  He might be thinking about things other than football.

Quote:Tank for Jameis?

Not rhyming enough. I already nailed it in another thread: Mail it in for Winston.

Quote:Fine, I'll address the elephant in the room...

BUST!!!!!!

I'd have a witty response to this if it wasn't sarcasm!

Anyway, I don't think it's really a hit piece.  Bortles didn't have a good day. It's going to happen.  It's happened to Peyton Manning, and Tom Brady, and pretty much every quarterback out there.  It's going to be a process developing Bortles.  One year from now, none of us will remember that Bortles had a bad day in practice the first day after signing his contract.  Either we'll be looking forward to the 2015 season, we'll have no idea what Bortles is capable of still because he didn't start any games, or we'll be disappointed with Bortles for something else.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Just curious, how is it he bombed at practice?  No passing stats or examples were offered, and the only evidence provided that he had a bad day was a quote from Blake calling himself "average".

Meh, who cares anyway?  It was one practice before our rookie's first training camp.  Is he supposed to be flawless already?

Quote:I'd have a witty response to this if it wasn't sarcasm!

Anyway, I don't think it's really a hit piece.  Bortles didn't have a good day. It's going to happen.  It's happened to Peyton Manning, and Tom Brady, and pretty much every quarterback out there.  It's going to be a process developing Bortles.  One year from now, none of us will remember that Bortles had a bad day in practice the first day after signing his contract.  Either we'll be looking forward to the 2015 season, we'll have no idea what Bortles is capable of still because he didn't start any games, or we'll be disappointed with Bortles for something else.

Sar- what? Ninja

Quote:Just to be different, Bortles.

Quote:Not rhyming enough. I already nailed it in another thread: Mail it in for Winston.

Wilt for Winston

You're welcome.

Quote:Wilt for Winston

You're welcome.

Lose in an instant for winston

Quote:An underwear practice no less!

Please join me in starting a movement to eliminate the term "underwear practice" or workout from football vernacular.

These men are wearing shorts. Do you go to the gym in your underwear? Do you jog around the neighborhood in your underwear?

For that matter, even on game day the Roar are not simply wearing underwear.

That being said, This term creates bad, bad imagery.

For example, would you have wanted to see Vince Manawai or Grady Jackson battling each other in their tighty-whiteys?

This needs to stop. Join the movement.

based on the past day, i can conclude gabbert is the future superstar of the NFL and bortles is a bust.

A Tim Tebow without the ugly throwing motion.

Quote:For example, would you have wanted to see Vince Manawai or Grady Jackson battling each other in their tighty-whiteys?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KmMvfdidvQ

Quote:Just to be different, Bortles.

You're welcome.

I like the alliteration. Definitely better than Tank for Winston.

You're welcome.

Wallow for Winston

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:Please join me in starting a movement to eliminate the term "underwear practice" or workout from football vernacular.

These men are wearing shorts. Do you go to the gym in your underwear? Do you jog around the neighborhood in your underwear?

For that matter, even on game day the Roar are not simply wearing underwear.

That being said, This term creates bad, bad imagery.

For example, would you have wanted to see Vince Manawai or Grady Jackson battling each other in their tighty-whiteys?

This needs to stop. Join the movement.

I think Bill Clinton did.