Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Pressure Points reveals Jaguars grade on Bortles

Quote:how is probowl caliber slightly above average? At least read the scale. He's basically one point under all pro.

I don't think "pro bowl player" is nearly as distinguished as you're making it out to be. For 3rd overall I would think all pro would be the expectation, as I'm sure Dave does.
10 years ago we had Bob Hope, Johnny Cash, and Steve Jobs..... Please don't die, Kevin Bacon.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Incorrect. The 8 point scale is standard around the league.

So, going back to the original post, why not post an 8 point grading scale vs the 10 point scale in your OP?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:I don't think "pro bowl player" is nearly as distinguished as you're making it out to be. For 3rd overall I would think all pro would be the expectation, as I'm sure Dave does.
Oh, no no no. All Pro means number one player at that position for the whole league. Peyton Manning.

Pro Bowl would mean top 6. That 's a lofty enough goal to shoot for.

Jeans Mifts scale went all the way to 11.

HeadSlap

When they have no time,  they think about it!

When they go down hard, they think about it!

Just watch Peyton, Andrew, Caep even Mr. Bundchen.

Quote:Caldwell can say a whole lot of things, since Clowney would have never fallen to us in the first place. I don't believe they pass on Clowney and take Bortles if he's there.

Caldwell said the correct thing, he isn't about to do any down talking on Bortles. How would that look if Caldwell came out after the fact and said he'd take Clowney over Bortles if they were both there? It would not look good by any means.

We'll never truly know obviously, but in my opinion, I don't think they pass on Clowney if he was there.
They would have taken Bortles. If you listen to what Dave said they were planning on taking a quarterback with their first pick no matter what. It's not even related to Bortles; in interviews talking about how he discovered Bortles he said it happened while the organization thought we'd be picking number 1 overall and they started zeroing in on quarterbacks they wanted to take with the first pick, and Bortles was the standout and they decided he was their guy. If you read comments he made all the way back in January when no one thought we were planning on taking a quarterback at all and throughout the draft process Dave has said that there was one guy he had in mind to pick at 3 overall and that he thought he was the best player in the draft. That was Bortles. Whether you want to believe it or not, they really would have taken Bortles over Clowney, and everything points to Bortles always having been their number 1 target.

Quote:I don't think "pro bowl player" is nearly as distinguished as you're making it out to be. For 3rd overall I would think all pro would be the expectation, as I'm sure Dave does.
[BLEEP]?? How can you make being guaranteed All-Pro a necessary requirement for every player you're going to to be picking 3rd overall especially at the quarterback position? A probowl caliber QB is definitely worth a top 3 pick in any draft. Some of the posts I read on these forums are delusional.

Quote:So, going back to the original post, why not post an 8 point grading scale vs the 10 point scale in your OP?
Because that's what NFL.com does. For most teams, it's an 8 point scale. Players basically don't ever get rated past an 8.

"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

Quote:Because that's what NFL.com does. For most teams, it's an 8 point scale. Players basically don't ever get rated past an 8.

The true answer is that you're making comparisons to things that aren't related.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:Jeans Mifts scale went all the way to 11.

HeadSlap

This is my favorite post of the thread.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Quote:They had him rated at a 6.9.

http://www.jaguars.com/media-gallery/vid...3f378cc12e

Grade scale

[Image: amzJjqQ.png]

Thanks for posting the link to the video.   This is well worth seeing for those who haven't seen it yet.  

The Jaguars gave Bortles a 5, 3 & 1. Cause regardless of what any scale says, 5 is the # they gave him for his jersey, when they drafted him at # 3 to be their # 1.

Quote:The Jaguars gave Bortles a 5, 3 & 1. Cause regardless of what any scale says, 5 is the # they gave him for his jersey, when they drafted him at # 3 to be their # 1.
Very nice...