Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags state of the franchise broadcast on Jaguars this afternoon

Quote:Probably, but things can change. He's clearly not playing this year.

I'm sure someone will be sure to ask why they decided to do this.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

They gave his locker to Bortles 

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Mark Long on 1010xl now. He believes Blackmon will be cut upon reinstatement.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:First question:

Hi Shad, Sam Kouvaris: Channel 4 WJXT, official Jaguars station, sports director, voter for both the college and pro football halls of fame, I also once talked to Dinah Shore for 15 minutes at the Atlanta Aiport bar. My question is....

Haha thats funny Laughing 

Quote:Or, maybe they just need the locker in anticipation of having more than 80 guys on the active roster? 

That was my first thought

Quote:He done.

If the Jags let him walk they are fools. He'll be a stud player elsewhere. 

Lamping is hitting on the challenges this franchise faces based on the size of the market.  They're working on a strategy to become a more regional team.  I know I've been preaching that for years, and it's good to see them making the effort to try to resolve that.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Get ready for some announcements revolving around ticket price increases.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote:If the Jags let him walk they are fools. He'll be a stud player elsewhere. 

You might be right, but I think the chance that he ever plays more than 4 to 6 games for us or anyone is extremely low.  Do you know anyone with substance abuse or alcohol abuse problems?  The person that overcomes those problems is the exception, not the rule.  Money, in these types of scenarios, is just gasoline on a dumpster fire.  And he's already been paid a lot of money despite his contract being written in our favor.

We're no longer the cheapest or 2nd cheapest tickets in the league.  If that chart they just showed is accurate, we're 9th cheapest now.  They want to be closer to the average ticket price.

Quote: 

You keep saying that.  What makes you think he'll make it through another year w/o getting busted again.

Coaches need trust in there players.  Who's goin to trust him?

s
;

;

TV ratings are way down as well.  When the team is winning, the ratings are good.  When the team is losing, not so much. 

Would love to hear this, but no 1010xl would rather Hacker eat up the air time. Ugh.

Quote:You keep saying that.  What makes you think he'll make it through another year w/o getting busted again.

Coaches need trust in there players.  Who's goin to trust him?

I think that is what will determine his fate.  If the coaches don't trust he'll stick around, they're not going to put the effort into him.

Quote:Would love to hear this, but no 1010xl would rather Hacker eat up the air time. Ugh.
Try their online stream.

Quote:Haha thats funny Laughing

That was my first thought

He has the ability to be a stud but it is clear he is not focused on playing ball. Sometimes you gotta cut your losses and move on. Blackmon has hurt the team on the field, the credibility of the franchise and killed his trust with the current regime. The guy made a mistake before he he got drafted for goodness sake. I'm all for him being allowed back into the NFL to earn a living in the future if he learns from his mistake but I'd be fine with it not being here. I like the direction we are going and I want Caldwell and Bradley to get their players in here not the troubled leftovers from years past. 

They've expanded the TV and radio network, and broadcasting reaches up to Charleston, out to Pensacola, and down into Orlando.  That is good.

Local revenues are up by 8% thanks to London.  If they didn't have the London revenue, the local money would actually be down.

Ticket revenue was down 18%.  Partly due to the 1 less home game, but the numbers were still down coming off a horrible season.  Revenue was flat. 

Quote:Try their online stream.

I did. My work computer is weak so the stream kept lagging.

Domestic sponsorship is up 14%.  Add in London and sponsorship revenue is up 30%.

Big shift in revenues.  Team isn't as reliant on local ticket revenue.  Sponsorship revenue has become more important in their future plans.

They've developed a strategy with the local partners in London that's an extension of what they're doing here.  The fan club has over 23k members. 

The reason they did all of this is to help stabilize the franchise in Jacksonville, and helping develop the local economy of North Florida.

London is critical.

Jags have gone from the 31st most popular team in the UK to #9, and that can be monetized.

This London talk is making me nervous...

Keep em coming FBT I can't listen at work but I'm following this thread.