Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bortles, Lee, & Robinson comparisons.

Anyone else see Steve McNair in Bortles?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Lee reminds me of MSW
Really? I don't see that comparison at all. Lee is a quicker player than MSW ever was.

Quote:Bortles is gabbert. Robinson is Reggie Williams.marquise lee is rj soward.
And JagsFan-32 is Debbie Downer.

Bortles = Daunte Culpepper

Lee = Cecil Shorts

Robinson = Bryant Johnson

Shaggy, Scooby and Scrappy.

60% of the time, It works Everytime...

[Image: BS5hg.jpg][Image: m5Lb.jpg][Image: 5YnyA.jpg][Image: U2VW7.jpg]

Blake Bortles = himself

Marquis Lee = himself

Allen Robinson = himself

Quote:Wasn't Lee compared to Julio, not the size but his talent?

Mike Mayock said that. Of course, if you want to make a fair comparison, you have to include the body type, but I like what he did there.

Quote:Anyone else see Steve McNair in Bortles?

I hate you for bringing this up. When I first read it, I dismissed it as laughable but the more I think about it...

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Bortles has the most versatile skill set of any QB in the league. He can be the mobile/option running guy or the strong pocket passer. People keep talking about Ben Roethlisberger comparisons but I see a lot of Andrew Luck's skill set and they are virtually the same size with Blake being an inch taller. WR's you can make numerous comparisons for but Marqise reminds me of Lee Evans and Robinson reminds me of Anquan Boldin who Justin Blackmon also reminded me of.

No pain, no gain.

Quote:Bortles has the most versatile skill set of any QB in the league. He can be the mobile/option running guy or the strong pocket passer. People keep talking about Ben Roethlisberger comparisons but I see a lot of Andrew Luck's skill set and they are virtually the same size with Blake being an inch taller. WR's you can make numerous comparisons for but Marqise reminds me of Lee Evans and Robinson reminds me of Anquan Boldin who Justin Blackmon also reminded me of.

I hate the Ben R. comparison. The only reason it is brought up is because of the height/size comparison, which is the worst comparison you can make for quarterbacks IMO.

I do like Luck as a comparison as well, but Luck is so good in the pocket (like Brady, Rodgers, Bridgewater) that I didn't make that comparison. I think he's closer to a Culpepper or David Garrard, to be honest.

Quote:I hate the Ben R. comparison. The only reason it is brought up is because of the height/size comparison, which is the worst comparison you can make for quarterbacks IMO.

I do like Luck as a comparison as well, but Luck is so good in the pocket (like Brady, Rodgers, Bridgewater) that I didn't make that comparison. I think he's closer to a Culpepper or David Garrard, to be honest.

I actually agree with the Bortles/Garrad comparison. I see Bortles as a smarter Garrard with a better arm, but the toughness, the way he runs and the body type, although Bortles is taller all remind me of Garrard. Bortles is also similar to Aaron Rodgers with the timing and throw on the run ability.

I see it a bit.

Quote:I hate the Ben R. comparison. The only reason it is brought up is because of the height/size comparison, which is the worst comparison you can make for quarterbacks IMO.

I kinda do see Bortles as a less polished version of Luck with a weaker arm.

I really don't understand where the Big Ben comparisons come from other than appearance. The most unique thing about Ben for an NFL QB is he doesn't anticipate receivers getting open well and often holds on to the ball longer than he should while he waits for them to get open. Blake seems to make decisions fast and get rid of the ball quickly. Maybe is the backyard mechanics like the bad footwork. Not that it would bad thing to be like him...leading a team to 2 super bowl victories and all. I just don't see the comparison.

Quote:I kinda do see Bortles as a less polished version of Luck with a weaker arm.

I threw out that comparison as well. Although, I think if he fixes his feet his arm strength will be as good or better than Luck's.

My favorite comp yet. They are pretty similar. 

Bortles reminds me of a young George McAfee.

Blake Bortles reminds me of Marshall Manning, but with slightly better accuracy.

Marqise Lee reminds me of a shorter, slower, Calvin Johnson III.  

Allen Robinson reminds me of a taller Roddy White Jr.

Ahh the benefits of being a time traveler!

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:Blake Bortles reminds me of Marshall Manning, but with slightly better accuracy.

Marqise Lee reminds me of a shorter, slower, Calvin Johnson III.  

Allen Robinson reminds me of a taller Roddy White Jr.

Ahh the benefits of being a time traveler!

It will be interesting to see how good Marshall is if he does become a third generation NFL quarterback. But for now I am not worried about him.

I did not know Calvin Johnson is a Jr. in the family and has a son. Are you making that up?

Quote:It will be interesting to see how good Marshall is if he does become a third generation NFL quarterback. But for now I am not worried about him.

I did not know Calvin Johnson is a Jr. in the family and has a son. Are you making that up?
Seriously?

good one!