Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
If Blackmon comes back, do we have the best receiver core in the league?

I think Blackmon has one more shot in the NFL. There's really no reason to believe he won't take it.

Even without Blackmon, if Robinson and Lee pan out, this is still one of the better receiving cores in the league. Top 10 at least. Blackmon just blows the top off and makes it top 1-3.

"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:No one knows. To me they're maintaining the position they've always had.

Before Friday night, they had no hinted that his recovery was not going well. Which is exactly what Bradley said.

Quote:Until he's re-instated, you can say he's not coming back with certainty. Just take some hints from Dave and Gus, and it's not like they are counting on him or even HOPING for him, at all.

He's not coming back until he's reinstated sure, but what I'm saying is that no one knows for certain that he won't be. In fact, unless Blackmon violates league policy again, it's a virtual certainty that he will be reinstated at *some* point. Caldwell and Gus say they're moving on which is smart but that doesn't mean they won't consider bringing him back when the time comes.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

DC said they haven't heard much about Blackmon, and what they have heard shows he's not moving in the right direction. Translation: he's still partying. Ideally Blackmon should have completed a strenuous rehab program by now and reinforced it with continual sobriety. Millions are on the line and it sounds like he's taken no concrete measures to turn it around. From the evidence I see, he's a goner.

I'm pretty sure he's toast.

In fact as they say up north.

"Fawgit da'bout it."  :no:

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(This post was last modified: 05-11-2014, 05:00 PM by SuperJville.)

Quote:DC said they haven't heard much about Blackmon, and what they have heard shows he's not moving in the right direction. Translation: he's still partying. Ideally Blackmon should have completed a strenuous rehab program by now and reinforced it with continual sobriety. Millions are on the line and it sounds like he's taken no concrete measures to turn it around. From the evidence I see, he's a goner.

Exactly.

Not sure why it's so hard to grasp.

I guess TECHNICALLY he could still come back, but realistically I don't see it.

When Bradley, literally the most positive person I've ever seen, says it "doesn't look like he's going in the right direction"... that speaks volumes to me.

I also don't want to talk about Blackmon too much, simply because we should be excited about our new guys.  Blackmon isn't even part of the team at this point.  

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:DC said they haven't heard much about Blackmon, and what they have heard shows he's not moving in the right direction. Translation: he's still partying. Ideally Blackmon should have completed a strenuous rehab program by now and reinforced it with continual sobriety. Millions are on the line and it sounds like he's taken no concrete measures to turn it around. From the evidence I see, he's a goner.

Actually that is you taking a lot of liberties. I interpreted it as "I haven't heard much" (from the league) "but it doesn't sound like it's going in the right direction (as far as reinstatement) which could be for any number of reasons. The league gave him an indefinite suspension and probably told Dave and Co. to prepare to enter the season without Blackmon. That doesn't mean at all that he's a goner.

LEONARD FOURNETTE FAN CLUB PRESIDENT. I WAS BEHIND HIM WHEN YOU ALL SAID HE WAS BRANDON JACOBS. QUIT HATING ON THE JAGUARS. GUS IS GONE. COUGHLIN HAS RESTORED ORDER. FOURNETTE IS FRED TAYLOR. DONT BELIEVE ME JUST WATCH.

Quote:Exactly.

When Bradley, literally the most positive person I've ever seen, says it "doesn't look like he's going in the right direction"... that speaks volumes to me.

I also don't want to talk about Blackmon too much, simply because we should be excited about our new guys.  Blackmon isn't even part of the team at this point.  

Reminds me of Nelson Muntz on The Simpsons waiting for his dad to come back

Quote:Actually that is you taking a lot of liberties. I interpreted it as "I haven't heard much" (from the league) "but it doesn't sound like it's going in the right direction (as far as reinstatement) which could be for any number of reasons. The league gave him an indefinite suspension and probably told Dave and Co. to prepare to enter the season without Blackmon. That doesn't mean at all that he's a goner.

He's a goner until proven otherwise.  He's not a member of this team.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:Actually that is you taking a lot of liberties. I interpreted it as "I haven't heard much" (from the league) "but it doesn't sound like it's going in the right direction (as far as reinstatement) which could be for any number of reasons. The league gave him an indefinite suspension and probably told Dave and Co. to prepare to enter the season without Blackmon. That doesn't mean at all that he's a goner.

If he's not going in the right direction...it means it's going in the wrong direction.

Why is this so difficult to understand?

Quote:He's a goner until proven otherwise.  He's not a member of this team.

Actually he's under a contract that won't run out until 2018, so yes he is technically a Jaguar, as in they retain he rights when he gets reinstated.

Quote:If he's not going in the right direction...it means it's going in the wrong direction.

Why is this so difficult to understand?

That's not necessarily a reflection of his behavior but a response to information from the league regarding the time frame for his reinstatement. If he got in trouble again, we would be the first to know. So far he hasn't and so it's a huge reach to assume that he has done anything to delay his reinstatement.

LEONARD FOURNETTE FAN CLUB PRESIDENT. I WAS BEHIND HIM WHEN YOU ALL SAID HE WAS BRANDON JACOBS. QUIT HATING ON THE JAGUARS. GUS IS GONE. COUGHLIN HAS RESTORED ORDER. FOURNETTE IS FRED TAYLOR. DONT BELIEVE ME JUST WATCH.

Core - The middle of an apple.

Corps - A defined group with a singular purpose.

Learn it, love it, live it. Tongue

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Our roster of WR is excellent on paper. If/When the draft class pans out it could be the top three-five in the NFL. IF we were to get B14CKMON back, we'd range in the top three category w/o a doubt...

NH3...
"AZANE"

Quote:Actually he's under a contract that won't run out until 2018, so yes he is technically a Jaguar, as in they retain he rights when he gets reinstated.

I didn't talk about whether we have the rights to him.  I talked about being part of the team.  Currently he's not part of the team.

He's not there, he's not socializing, he's not working out with them, he's not building chemistry, he's not even in the building.  For all intents and purposes, Justin Blackmon is not a member of the team.

I wonder if they even have his locker reserved still, honestly.  

I wouldn't say that Blackmon absolutely won't be back, but I think it's looking more remote.  Of course, Caldwell had to plan for him not being back either way, because you cannot assume otherwise.  I don't know that means if Blackmon got his head on straight that it couldn't be salvaged, but like the Jags, I'm not counting on it.

To your actual question though, I think they could potentially have a chance, but Lee and Robinson need to probably take a few snaps before we start worrying much about that.

Quote:Actually he's under a contract that won't run out until 2018, so yes he is technically a Jaguar, as in they retain he rights when he gets reinstated.

2018? Try 2015.

Quote:Exactly.

If B14CKMON again violated rules we the Jaguars would be informed immediately. Notified that he has an Lifetime Ban. As I interpeted the "Not going in the right Direction", I heard that the team was hoping for his reinstatment for 2014, like mid season. Caldwell cannot sit back and wait for this result. Remember his "B14CKMON will be a Luxury" statement? I'm leaning toward CSIII not being resigned for the reasoning of drafting back to back receivers...

NH3...
"AZANE"

Quote:2018? Try 2015.

Nope. He didn't gain a year towards free agency last year because he wasn't on the active roster for enough games and that will likely be the same case this year, also his current contract runs through 2016.

Quote:If B14CKMON again violated rules we the Jaguars would be informed immediately. Notified that he has an Lifetime Ban. As I interpeted the "Not going in the right Direction", I heard that the team was hoping for his reinstatment for 2014, like mid season. Caldwell cannot sit back and wait for this result. Remember his "B14CKMON will be a Luxury" statement? I'm leaning toward CSIII not being resigned for the reasoning of drafting back to back receivers...

NH3...
you can also look at it this way.

he hasn't shown that he has "rehabbed" himself this entire time.  

he doesn't have to do anything illegal and he can still be never re-instated.

Quote:I didn't talk about whether we have the rights to him.  I talked about being part of the team.  Currently he's not part of the team.

He's not there, he's not socializing, he's not working out with them, he's not building chemistry, he's not even in the building.  For all intents and purposes, Justin Blackmon is not a member of the team.

I wonder if they even have his locker reserved still, honestly.

That's one way to put it...

NH3...
"AZANE"