Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
If Blackmon comes back, do we have the best receiver core in the league?

Blackmon-Shorts-Sanders-Robinson-Lee

Is there a better receiving core in the league than that? It would definitely rival the Bears and Bengals for best in the league. Full of highly explosive playmakers that get a lot of yards after the catch and a red zone threat in Robinson.

"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I want to say yes. I really do. But can't say for sure till these guys hit the field.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

I think Denver has the top WR core

Quote:Blackmon-Shorts-Sanders-Robinson-Lee

Is there a better receiving core in the league than that? It would definitely rival the Bears and Bengals for best in the league. Full of highly explosive playmakers that get a lot of yards after the catch and a red zone threat in Robinson.
Bengals wr isn't as good as Atl. What do they have besides Green?

Depends heavily on what Lee & Robinson actually do on the field

Quote:I think Denver has the top WR core
Maybe if u count the TE Thomas

Quote:Bengals wr isn't as good as Atl. What do they have besides Green?
Sanu Hawkins (I think) and Marvin Jones.

Having a top 3 WR on their team immediately makes heir overall squad better than ours.

If Lee turns into the top 10 pick he was a year ago, it could be scary good here.

He's not coming back man

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Dunno but that group would have been unimaginable to us Jaguar fans a couple of years ago. Could be one of the better groups at the least assuming the rookies are what we think they are.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(This post was last modified: 05-11-2014, 04:35 PM by The Mad Dog.)

You have to remember though.....If Blackmon does return in 2015, I think they'd let Shorts walk in free agency after this season. 

(Not that it alters your premise) that would still possibly be amongst the league's best WR corps, I'd think.... pending the rookies pan out as expected and remain healthy. 

He's not coming back

Quote:He's not coming back

No one knows that.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Quote:He's not coming back man

Quote:He's not coming back

I'm beginning to see why you guys didn't like my posting before....

Damn wet blankets

Quote:No one knows that.

Until he's re-instated, you can say he's not coming back with certainty.  Just take some hints from Dave and Gus, and it's not like they are counting on him or even HOPING for him, at all.

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:I'm beginning to see why you guys didn't like my posting before....

Damn wet blankets

haha yeah that is you x100 on a daily basis, for years.  Enjoy Smile

Quote:No one knows that.

I honestly see little reason to believe he's ever going to play another snap in the NFL, nevermind for this team.

Did you hear the comments from Bradley and Caldwell on Friday night?

Blackmon is still far and away the most talented member of the Jaguars. When he comes back, as I fully expect him to, we should have one of the best WR corps in the league.

LEONARD FOURNETTE FAN CLUB PRESIDENT. I WAS BEHIND HIM WHEN YOU ALL SAID HE WAS BRANDON JACOBS. QUIT HATING ON THE JAGUARS. GUS IS GONE. COUGHLIN HAS RESTORED ORDER. FOURNETTE IS FRED TAYLOR. DONT BELIEVE ME JUST WATCH.

Damn wet blankets

I've been saying this for months. Why do you think he will ever be back?

Damn wet blankets

You can be an objective person.... I think you are getting your Blackmon talent admiration blurr your vision a little bit.

All things that have happened, and all the recent comment (most recent one by Bradley) .... followed up by two WRs drafted in round 2 all point to what exactly?

Even JP Shadrick, right before interviewing Jerry Sullivan this weekend, said something along the lines of "I won't ask you much about Blackmon, as it appears he won't be back with this team..."

No one knows. To me they're maintaining the position they've always had.

"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."